TonyMontana

"Can't you see my mind" mistery finally solved !

This doesn't really add anything to the picture to be honest. Caresse gave him a working title and the parts to a final mix. That certainly doesn't rule out the fact that there are earlier versions of 'Die Another Day' in existence. I'd be willing to place a hefty bet on the fact that 'Can't You See My Mind?' does indeed exist and that it is a completely different version of 'Die Another Day.' I'd even go as far as to say that it could be different lyrically and musically at the same time. 

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

From Barry Harris (Thunderpuss) official soundcloud page and shared by a member of the forum last month. As some people claimed all along those years CYSMM doesn't exist and was just a fake title foe "Die another day" :

"Die Another Day" Thunderpuss Mix *The Back Story*
Once again in 2002 we were invited by Caresse Henry (Madonna’s manager at the time) to her office to discuss remixing Madonna’s new song from the upcoming James Bond Movie. Caresse told us that the movie producers actually wanted her to do a ballad but she said no.
We were told this song was called “Can’t You See My Mind” at the time to (keep everything secretive i suppose), were hand given the parts on C.D. and went to work at our studio.

When i first heard the drums that my Tpuss partner had created i immediately saw Roxy NYC in my mind and how great this would sound there.
When it was time to sink my teeth into it, i felt the mix should be very different from any mix we’d done before. It didn’t need new music composed. Let it be what it already is. There are lot’s of hooks in it already.
I felt it should just take a lot of turns and twists and stay focused on how the mix would kick ass at Roxy.
As the track was already very electroish, I thought it would also be cool if the kick digitally disintegrated at some point.
When we felt it was done, we set up a return meeting with Caresse at Maverick Studios on Sunset Blvd. She played it in her office with us sitting there, listening and decided right then and there that she liked it therefore indicating there were no changes to be made. Done, let’s do this.
In those days, there wasn’t really such a thing as a ‘spec mix’ yet and Thunderpuss never ever did do any spec mix. 
If a mix was scrapped (which happened rarely but yes, now and then it did e.g. N-Syncs “Bye, Bye Bye”) the record company usually put us on another project later on.

I reconnected with Caresse & on FB messege when i first joined Facebook Fall of 2009. We had a few chats back and forth. I knew she had retired from the Madonna camp by then. She was very sweet & down to earth IMO. I was very saddened to hear that a few months later in 2010 she would take her own life.

I just came across this today going through old Thunderpuss DATA Working Mix C.D.’s. I had totally forgotten i even made this. I did remember doing something with sampling Bohannon’s “Let’s Start The Dance” within this but honestly had not listen to this mix since i made it 2002 (16 years ago).

For the Madonna fans & or Thunderpuss aficionados…this one’s for you!!
Alternate DL link (.wav .mp3 .jpg) we.tl/t-DaGW990JEo

CYSMM might be pleased now... I remember reading this when he posted this DAD ... funnily enough I thought of this yesterday but until I'd know from the horse's mouth -Mirwais directly-  there'll be doubt for me anyway! 

14 minutes ago, societysboy said:

They never want the title of the Bond films to leak, so they used Cant You See My Mind as a fake title.

Yeh !
ALL Bond movies have different titles while they are being made and when they are released in different countries.
I think it's Tomorrow Never Dies that in Japan was called 'Death Has The Scent Of Roses' as it's literal translation.
Smells/flowers were sorta a big theme in the print versions.
https://literary007.com/2013/10/28/flower-motifs-in-literary-bond/

28 minutes ago, professormouse said:

Yeh !
ALL Bond movies have different titles while they are being made and when they are released in different countries.
I think it's Tomorrow Never Dies that in Japan was called 'Death Has The Scent Of Roses' as it's literal translation.
Smells/flowers were sorta a big theme in the print versions.
https://literary007.com/2013/10/28/flower-motifs-in-literary-bond/

Absolutely ! 

Die Another Day IS all about Can't You See My Mind.

It's a song about consciousness, the war between the light and the dark within. As shown in the video. So could very well have been a working title in the same way Flirtation Dance became Skin, not two different songs.

Just because something is a 'working title' for a released song doesn't mean it can't be completely different than what was released. The leaked, unreleased M repository has already shown us this a number of times.

Portion of original lyrics found:

cant you see my mind

its in your bedroom 

doooo it dooooo it

im gonna change the system

im gonna change your mind

yeah doo it on the downlow

i guess I’ll cry another day

its not my mind the goes

one two three

dooo it doooo it

I mean the fact that she uses "Sigmund Freud analyse this" is kind of indicative that the mind reading theme found in Die Another Day is pretty much Cant You See Me Mind. The Bond title  story is true and been done many times.