Sign in to follow this  
Brendanlovesu1

Madonna at Eurovision

Recommended Posts

Just now, Fontainebleau said:

If Eurovision can afford it, I think Madonna will do it. The girl doesn't come cheap though.

But I hope she will do it, otherwise they will give us Justin Timberlake again, or a local folk dance.

I think this time around she will prob do it for free ...its just business 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

I'm so grateful that Madonna keeps avoiding trashy talent shows like X Factor, the Voice or Got Talent, and she looks for different platforms to launch the new era. 

Another Grammys' opening would have been repetitive and after all the Grammys are overrated and biased. 
Instead, Eurovison is increasing in popularity and it has a huge audience that embrace people of different cultures across Europe, Russia and Middle East. Those countries are Madonna's strongest markets worldwide. Israel still cares a lot about Madonna's new music, unlike the United States.  It is actually a great marketing move to promote the new music in the countries in which she can still break records and smash the charts.

 

i agree especially if her new music is very european sounding ...its a great idea and yes although i wish sometimes she would do the talent shows for exposure as some artists do get hits due to performing on them ...i am also glad she avoids them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fontainebleau said:

If Eurovision can afford it, I think Madonna will do it. The girl doesn't come cheap though.

But I hope she will do it, otherwise they will give us Justin Timberlake again, or worse: a local folk dance... :suffer:

Has no one told her if she made another record wi' Jellybean she would get more 'viewers' than appearing as the light relief on one of Europe's most tiring....Cultural Events ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

Eurovision is very popular and will only help Madonna, thank you next.

 

Falling on stage at the Brit awards has helped her more than any eurovision appearance will. I'm sorry but huge ass + eurovision + some song feat. Anitta??? She better start rehearsing 'The Power of Goodbye' as her retiring number sooner than thought. :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well If this Eurovision stage is her fourth, fifth something promo performance stage of her new era then I'm OK with it.

But if this Eurovision performance is her The First promo performance for her new album new era...Then hell to the NOoooooooo to me.

You know what I'm trying to saying?

Because no one care about Eurovison contest except some European.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, brazilfan said:

well If this Eurovision stage is her fourth, fifth something promo performance stage of her new era then I'm OK with it.

But if this Eurovision performance is her The First promo performance for her new album new era...Then hell to the NOoooooooo to me.

You know what I'm trying to saying?

Because no one care about Eurovison contest except some European.

Seriously? Eurovison Song Contest had 186 million viewers last year. Including whole Europe, Australia and other supporting countries and what I've heard this year USA and China are both interested to participate in some way. Madonna would get major promotion for her new album and most likely a top 5 hit if the song is any good. I think think a disco influenced track will suit Eurovison just fine with a nice dance routine extravaganza number. Gays would freak out and go bananas all over the world. She can't really get any better promotion. Everybody from all ages watch Eurovison here in Europe. She can find a new fanbase for sure if the album is more Confessions on a Dance floor again with a latin sound. Genious. There will be surprises for this new era and something is up very soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LindebergBoy said:

Seriously? Eurovison Song Contest had 186 million viewers last year. Including whole Europe, Australia and other supporting countries and what I've heard this year USA and China are both interested to participate in some way. Madonna would get major promotion for her new album and most likely a top 5 hit if the song is any good. I think think a disco influenced track will suit Eurovison just fine with a nice dance routine extravaganza number. Gays would freak out and go bananas all over the world. She can't really get any better promotion. Everybody from all ages watch Eurovison here in Europe. She can find a new fanbase for sure if the album is more Confessions on a Dance floor again with a latin sound. Genious. There will be surprises for this new era and something is up very soon. 

You've heard this year USA and china are both interested to participate in someway? REALLY?

Well then let's see. If it is true.

Until then No one care about and even doesn't know about this Eurovison's existent, except European. That's the reality. 

Don't get me wrong. I really hope that you're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, brazilfan said:

You've heard this year USA and china are both interested to participate in someway? REALLY?

Well then let's see. If it is true.

Until then No one care about and even doesn't know about this Eurovison's existent, except European. That's the reality. 

Don't get me wrong. I really hope that you're right.

 

So 42 countries aren't enough for you? I don't really know another show with higher viewing rate than Eurovision. It has been broadcast in several countries that do not compete, such as the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and China. 

You might not care and American viewers, but so what? She will have the whole European market with Australia under her feet. 

 

The following countries (and EBU Member Broadcasters) will participate:

Albania (RTSH)

Armenia (AMPTV)

Australia (SBS)*

Austria (ORF)

Azerbaijan (İctimai TV)

Belarus (BTRC)

Belgium (RTBF)

Croatia (HRT)

Cyprus (CYBC)

Czech Republic (ČT)

Denmark (DR)

Estonia (ERR)

Finland (YLE)

France (FT)

FYR Macedonia (MKRTV)

Germany (ARD/NDR)

Georgia (GPB)

Greece (ERT)

Hungary (MTVA)

Iceland (RÚV)

Ireland (RTÉ)

Israel (IPBC/KAN)

Italy (RAI)

Latvia (LTV)

Lithuania (LRT)

Malta (PBS)

Moldova (TRM)

Montenegro (RTCG)

The Netherlands (AVROTROS)

Norway (NRK)

Poland (TVP)

Portugal (RTP)

Romania (TVR)

Russia (RTR)

San Marino (SMRTV)

Serbia (RTS)

Slovenia (RTVSLO)

Spain (RTVE)

Sweden (SVT)

Switzerland (SRG/SSR)

Ukraine (UA:PBC)

United Kingdom (BBC)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

So now fans are afraid of the backlash she'll receive for performing in Israel. :Madonna033:

She can do whatever she wants in Israel, just please god not eurovision. :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Madonna performing at Eurovison was a rumor for many years.

Some fans say Eurovision can't afford her, but I doubt that is true. Even if they can't, then it is Madonna who needs to realize that kind of promo is a big deal. It is her who needs to promote new music. 

If she won't do it because she wants more money, then I would be disappointed. Especially, if she releases an accessible song and tries to score a hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eurovision Song Contest has been around forever and it's not merely a gay fest. 

 

Families come together to watch it to cheer on their country. Yes gays will gather their friends to watch it as well. Straight people, men woman...all watch it. It's so much more than a show for the gays. If you can't comprehend that than you're just ignorant to what this contest is and always has been.

 

I think it's a great idea for her to perform there. First performance of the promo tour or last. The exposure is massive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The exposure would be embarrassing. Remember Madonna lecturing us all throughout the 'Rebel Heart Tour' about compassion, humanity and about fighting against the system? What kind of impression would it give if she were to perform, in order to try to take advantage of the viewmanship, at an event hosted by a country that is clearly involved in the oppression and massacre of Palestinian civilians? Yeah, some 'compassion' that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive been hearing about this Eurovision thing For years but i still dont think ive ever seen anything related to it. If Madonna performs I hope its not tacky as fuck... then again the grammys are a tacky show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, brazilfan said:

You've heard this year USA and china are both interested to participate in someway? REALLY?

Well then let's see. If it is true.

Until then No one care about and even doesn't know about this Eurovison's existent, except European. That's the reality. 

Don't get me wrong. I really hope that you're right.

Only some europeans? You talk as if Europe is some country were 35 people live. Eurovision is huge in Europe, 186 million viewers! She needs European exposure. US is not the universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Only some europeans? You talk as if Europe is some country were 35 people live. Eurovision is huge in Europe, 186 million viewers! She needs European exposure. US is not the universe.

Well Don't get me wrong, what I'm trying to saying is if Madonna perform her the first promo performance at Grammy or Brit awards then whole world gonna watch it. But if She perform at Eurovision whatever then only European gonna watch it. That's the Reality. Period.

And Do Not ever tell me Chinese(which has 1.4 billion population) and Japanese and Korean and other Asia really into Eurowhatever Because I live in Asia right now and No one Fking care about this Eurovision whatever. I mean seriously. Most of Asians even Do not know about this tacky show's existence!

So yeah, perform her the first new era performance for Grammy or Brit awards gonna be tacky but At least, whole world gonna know she gonna performing. But her the first new era performance for Eurowhatever? Well I don't think so. Only some European gonna watch it.

As I said before I'm not opposite  if this Eurowhatever performance gonna be her third, fourth whatever performance. I just really hope that it is NOT her The first new era performance. That's all.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, brazilfan said:

Well Don't get me wrong, what I'm trying to saying is if Madonna perform her the first promo performance at Grammy or Brit awards then whole world gonna watch it. But if She perform at Eurovision whatever then only European gonna watch it. That's the Reality. Period.

And Do Not ever tell me Chinese(which has 1.4 billion population) and Japanese and Korean and other Asia really into Eurowhatever Because I live in Asia right now and No one Fking care about this Eurovision whatever. I mean seriously. Most of Asians even Do not know about this tacky show's existence!

So yeah, perform her the first new era performance for Grammy or Brit awards gonna be tacky but At least, whole world gonna know she gonna performing. But her the first new era performance for Eurowhatever? Well I don't think so. Only some European gonna watch it.

As I said before I'm not opposite  if this Eurowhatever performance gonna be her third, fourth whatever performance. I just really hope that it is NOT her The first new era performance. That's all.

lol

I also hope it is not her first because it is too long, I want grammy, brit and eurovision, the more exposure the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

I also hope it is not her first because it is too long, I want grammy, brit and eurovision, the more exposure the better.

That's exactly what I'm trying to talking about. :)

Grammys (2/10/19)

Brit Awards (2/20/19)

I Heart Radio Awards are in March

Billboard Music Awards are in May

And this Eurovision also in May 14~18.

 

I just hope that Eurovision is not her the first new era performance that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, brazilfan said:

That's exactly what I'm trying to talking about. :)

Grammys (2/10/19)

Brit Awards (2/20/19)

I Heart Radio Awards are in March

Billboard Music Awards are in May

And this Eurovision also in May 14~18.

 

I just hope that Eurovision is not her the first new era performance that's all.

I agree. I hope it is part of multiple performance plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, brazilfan said:

That's exactly what I'm trying to talking about. :)

Grammys (2/10/19)

Brit Awards (2/20/19)

I Heart Radio Awards are in March

Billboard Music Awards are in May

And this Eurovision also in May 14~18.

 

I just hope that Eurovision is not her the first new era performance that's all.

Madonna does not like to repeat herself and that is the same promo of the Rebel Heart era... Eurovison or Glastonbury for the beginning would be much more thrilling!

On top of that, the Grammys take place in the US and have many performers and highlights. While, if she is confirmed to perform at Eurovision then she will be the main talking point for all the duration of the show, not just one -night event. Moreover, Israel and its press can welcome Madonna with much more love than the US. 

Honestly, it is not that big deal if US citizens don't watch Eurovision cuz they stopped supporting Madonna long ago. Any promotion in the US including Coachella is just a waste of time seriously she should just promote hard in the EU and the countries that still believe in her power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.