Fighter

The New Album 2019 - Part 2

11 minutes ago, RayOfLight said:

Im sorry but you again and again ask peeps here to stay on topic but yet again you are engaging in the same BS narrative. Maybe we should take a poll and ask if M is a racist in another thread. I dont get why all these people are so preoccupied with this racist issue when we all know M fought teeth and nail against racism as much as she fought against homophobia. Can we please move on and ban these haters once for all? Sick of reading Daily Mail comments on this forum !

Im engaging in a conversation Im involved in which is ending, but you come in, skim the posts and leave an aggressive response, not helpful. Also please read our forum guidelines where we say not to call people things such as “haters” just because you disagree with them. As I said, if people cant handle adult conversation or interactions, they can stay out or try to be helpful. Enough aggressiveness.

38 minutes ago, Fighter said:

It wasnt JUST the use of the word but her reaction to the backlash and the way her apology was worded. Of course Madonna is human and a poor reaction is understandable, and Im sure there were a lot of trolls in her comment section who didnt care at all about the racism aspect, who were just using it to hate on her. I also remember people being ageist towards her including buzzfeed who were huge hypocrites. But she did perpetuate racism in a small measure if you want, by being so careless and dismissive of the whole thing like only her intent mattered and not the impact as well. 

Pretty sure M wore real fur at some point, sorry to say.

I think people should be already thankful that she did apologize in the first place. I mean, can you imagine how humiliating must be for a mother and an "icon of the fight against racism" to apologize to online trolls for the use of a racism slur towards her son? She was rightfully pissed off to have been misunderstood so of course her apology wasn't great.

Yes, I know about the fur in the past..that is why I'm not a big fan of MJ in the first place: the only time I saw him live was next to Madonna's fur. On a serious note, Madonna has became more mature on this topic and nowadays she's promoting fake furs (although she wore a real fur on the RHT intro with my great disappointment)

24 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Im engaging in a conversation Im involved in which is ending, but you come in, skim the posts and leave an aggressive response, not helpful. Also please read our forum guidelines where we say not to call people things such as “haters” just because you disagree with them. As I said, if people cant handle adult conversation or interactions, they can stay out or try to be helpful. Enough aggressiveness.

Sorry but if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its a duck. I say haters because all i read is hateful comments about M. To even suggest M is racist is beyond belief to me. Since when trolling has become adult conversation and interactions? And i used no aggressive language. I used the word haters and i think i made my case clear: if someone here thinks M is a racist just say so. Dont mince words and hide behind your little finger. Thats all im saying. 

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

I think people should be already thankful that she did apologize in the first place. I mean, can you imagine how humiliating must be for a mother and an "icon of the fight against racism" to apologize to online trolls for the use of a racism slur towards her son? She was rightfully pissed off to have been misunderstood so of course her apology wasn't great.

Yes, I know about the fur in the past..that is why I'm not a big fan of MJ in the first place: the only time I saw him live was next to Madonna's fur. On a serious note, Madonna has became more mature on this topic and nowadays she's promoting fake furs (although she wore a real fur on the RHT intro with my great disappointment)

Shes an icon for the fight against racism? Shes obviously an ally but IDK if I would go that far. Also her apology was towards people she hurt, not the trolls, they dont matter. 

6 minutes ago, RayOfLight said:

Sorry but if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its a duck. I say haters because all i read is hateful comments about M. To even suggest M is racist is beyond d belief to me. Since when trolling has become adult conversation and interactions? And i used no aggressive language. I used the word haters and i think i made my case clear: if someone here thinks M is a racist just say so. Dont mince words and hide behind your little finger. Thats all im saying. 

Its not acceptable behaviour, its written very clearly. Can we move on now?

Sorry I need to get this off my chest

@Fighter You're not wrong. But this is an issue that I can tell you hold very dear and I think it's taken a bit too far sometimes. Maybe for the sake of waking people up as you've been doing above to show there are forms of perpetuating racism without knowing it without being a full on racist. Because racisms is engrained in society. We can't help it. Being a part of this society, you are, by birth, racist to some degree. But, your post above reminding people the rules of the forum comes across as a little hypocritical. 

The reason I stick up for people sometimes is because I KNOW people have racism engrained in them. I also know that race is tricky and people use humor ALOT to try and deal with it. That kid who recently got banned threw up a picture that could be taken as racist. But it could also have been taken as him having a sense of humor and using (not smartly) a stereotype to show it. I would never use such a picture, but you labeled him a "racist moron" and banned him immediately. Im really not even sure if he knows why he got banned. 

I think its great to point out racism when you see it and try and fight the good fight, but it's first, not going to be a war won on the internet. and second, you are taking out the human of any of these situations and labeling people racist which DOES NOT help the cause at all. 

11 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Sorry I need to get this off my chest

@Fighter You're not wrong. But this is an issue that I can tell you hold very dear and I think it's taken a bit too far sometimes. Maybe for the sake of waking people up as you've been doing above to show there are forms of perpetuating racism without knowing it without being a full on racist. Because racisms is engrained in society. We can't help it. Being a part of this society, you are, by birth, racist to some degree. But, your post above reminding people the rules of the forum comes across as a little hypocritical. 

The reason I stick up for people sometimes is because I KNOW people have racism engrained in them. I also know that race is tricky and people use humor ALOT to try and deal with it. That kid who recently got banned threw up a picture that could be taken as racist. But it could also have been taken as him having a sense of humor and using (not smartly) a stereotype to show it. I would never use such a picture, but you labeled him a "racist moron" and banned him immediately. Im really not even sure if he knows why he got banned. 

I think its great to point out racism when you see it and try and fight the good fight, but it's first, not going to be a war won on the internet. and second, you are taking out the human of any of these situations and labeling people racist which DOES NOT help the cause at all. 

I respect what you are saying but the user I called a racist moron and banned, used a blatantly racist cartoon to go against “political correctness”, since that’s what we were talking about and what people were getting upset about on both sides. To me that is where I draw the line since it’s toxic and I dont want blatant racism being posted on a site I maintain and pay for. I think its my prerogative.

I understand you and some others read the situation differently, but that is what happened and the fact he said the cartoon wasnt racist, just showed me he was trying to be edgy and stir drama. I dont know if you know the person or not but they could very well send a message themselves if they were misunderstood and I would take it into consideration.

He was also NOT banned immediately, he was banned when I asked him what he meant by posting a racist cartoon and he doubled down.

I have no problem with "drama". Consider this a great purge and preparation for what might come. For such a smart person, Madonna has had a bunch of silly mistakes. She's not racist, I think we all know that, but she did use a loaded word back in the day. People aren't really attuned to such a subtle difference. One racist act does not a racist make, and no one is calling her that. I just hope she won't be using the lovely Cabo Verde ladies as "props". To illustrate what I mean, remember Gwen Stefani and her Harajuku Girls? I hope Madonna will be respectful about this. 

14 minutes ago, Luiz Ribeiro said:

OMG.... drama again. 

Anyways..... any news about the new album? 

March is so close  now, and we know the lead single is about to see the light

Sadly I don't think so :( I'm expecting the lead single(s) in May like MadonnaTribe said

40 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Its not acceptable behaviour, its written very clearly. Can we move on now?

Yes please lets move on.  And please lets not feed the trolls because this forum is decent and some discussions about M here have become a bit too negative imho. 

13 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

I have no problem with "drama". Consider this a great purge and preparation for what might come. For such a smart person, Madonna has had a bunch of silly mistakes. She's not racist, I think we all know that, but she did use a loaded word back in the day. People aren't really attuned to such a subtle difference. One racist act does not a racist make, and no one is calling her that. I just hope she won't be using the lovely Cabo Verde ladies as "props". To illustrate what I mean, remember Gwen Stefani and her Harajuku Girls? I hope Madonna will be respectful about this. 

Why bring Gwen Stefani into this ? You really like the drama dont you ?  And again, she should not have apologized. 

The single will be released on the 14th of april.

It will be used as the new Game Of Thrones introduction. 

And she will be a red priestess. Her video will feature some extracts from the show.

She gave us a clue when she was disguised in Daenerys 

#onlyrealinformationshere

21 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

To illustrate what I mean, remember Gwen Stefani and her Harajuku Girls? I hope Madonna will be respectful about this. 

I mean.... Im really not sure, can you explain how anyone is supposed to use another culture WITHOUT being labeled a racist?  Where exactly is the line? 

1 minute ago, RUADJAI said:

I mean.... Im really not sure, can you explain how anyone is supposed to use another culture WITHOUT being labeled a racist?  Where exactly is the line? 

Well, it's both simple and complex. Gwen Stefani was using those four girls as literal dolls, they weren't allowed to speak while she was giving interviews and just sat there as accessories, all while speaking about how she was inspired by Japanese fashion, using Japanese phrases in her tracks etc. She was literally using their culture while denying them the right to represent it themselves. Since some people don't understand what "illustrate" means, it means an example, and I explained it. This is why I used Gwen Stefani AS AN EXAMPLE.

I don't want Madonna to do such a thing. Instead of doing that, I'd love Madonna to gush about those women without them standing in the background. Maybe she should let them speak on the experience of working with her, or she might even bring them on tour as a sign of appreciation. Perhaps the video work she's done shouldn't make her look like a white savior lady worshiped by a bunch of black women, although it will be hard to pull off. 

10 minutes ago, BlueForce said:

Why bring Gwen Stefani into this ? You really like the drama dont you ?  And again, she should not have apologized. 

And you really like attacking other people who are respectfully providing clear arguments without getting personal. Good luck with your future ban!

18 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

I fully support you, @Fighter. I hope you banned some of the more problematic members, and I have no doubt a couple of others will say something inexcusable sooner or later. My ignore list will get a bit shorter!

Usually I dont want to ban anyone unless they clearly cross a line. It’s great to have diversity of opinions even if sometimes we dont like what we read. We dont ban people willy nilly or because we dont like them, or even for a personal altercation. Using the ignore feature if necessary is a good idea. :)

People dont have a notion that the staff works hard day to day with all the situations that happen, and some people act very entitled, especially people who demand peace while attacking or insulting others. Either people should be helpful or go away if they dont want a community. Its simple.

14 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Madonna has used tons of other cultures up to the RHT without being labeled as a racist, so Im not sure what you mean by that.

1 minute ago, Fighter said:

Madonna has used tons of other cultures up to the RHT without being labeled as a racist, so Im not sure what you mean by that.

I suppose that is a good thing right ?  I am talking about her Videos in this....

7 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Well, it's both simple and complex. Gwen Stefani was using those four girls as literal dolls, they weren't allowed to speak while she was giving interviews and just sat there as accessories, all while speaking about how she was inspired by Japanese fashion, using Japanese phrases in her tracks etc. She was literally using their culture while denying them the right to represent it themselves. Since some people don't understand what "illustrate" means, it means an example, and I explained it. This is why I used Gwen Stefani AS AN EXAMPLE.

I don't want Madonna to do such a thing. Instead of doing that, I'd love Madonna to gush about those women without them standing in the background. Maybe she should let them speak on the experience of working with her, or she might even bring them on tour as a sign of appreciation. Perhaps the video work she's done shouldn't make her look like a white savior lady worshiped by a bunch of black women, although it will be hard to pull off. 

And you really like attacking other people who are respectfully providing clear arguments without getting personal. Good luck with your future ban!

Why you worried about Madonna doing such thing in the first place? Have you already forgot about Aya Sato and Bambi? They almost overshadowed Madonna in the LFL performance and they got plenty of spotlight in the interviews. 

18 minutes ago, BlueForce said:

I suppose that is a good thing right ?  I am talking about her Videos in this....

I dont think the portugal influence will be a problem but the african stuff may be because of the west’s history with Africa. Hopefully she’ll touch on it with nuance so it comes across as more than just using it as aesthetic (worst case scenario). It has to come across in the work that shes relating to it respectfully and deeply and with sense, so it doesnt come across as exploitation. Also including people from the culture in a positive light is a good start. It will be interesting to see.