Fighter

The New Album 2019 - Part 2

33 minutes ago, skyfitswim said:

maybe a weird questions while waithing for some new music news 

but do some hope the new album will have alot of layers of sounds , intro, outro  ?

i know some like it more striped down.

personal i like more layers so i can discover/hear after long listen other effects and sounds in the a song

i also like a intro and long songs because it can change or build up more , but that is just a personal taste 

songs like i deserve it , gone start right away like something ( for me personally ) is missing 

i also prefer the demo  of devils pray with the flute ( i wish she would add that intro with the album version)

I would like an album fully played by musicians but i know that won't happen.  :coffee:

15 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Why no hints or rumours about the tour?

I know you're always worried about the tour but we know almost nothing about the album and the only info(from a fan site) we had about the tour was that they were looking for arenas to shows in september/ october this year.

maybe a weird questions while waithing for some new music news 
but do some hope the new album will have alot of layers of sounds , intro, outro  ?
i know some like it more striped down.
personal i like more layers so i can discover/hear after long listen other effects and sounds in the a song
i also like a intro and long songs because it can change or build up more , but that is just a personal taste 
songs like i deserve it , gone start right away like something ( for me personally ) is missing 
i also prefer the demo  of devils pray with the flute ( i wish she would add that intro with the album version)

I think the album will be experimental, i think she'll mix world music with electronica, prob dance or....disco, so yep i think it will have a lot of layers, hopefully

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

6 hours ago, skyfitswim said:

I'm a big fan of intros and outtros. iamamiwhoami usually have some great buildups before their songs start.

I love layers. And I also love simple. I would say Mirwais does both at the same time. Listening to Impressive Instant the other day I heard something I've never heard before, in the 19 years the damn song has been out. 

When she sings "and the world is spinning... Spinning baby..."   There's a high pitched screeching sound like your sucking the last of your soda with a straw.  I was like WTF!!

:07:

6 hours ago, Bel said:

I know you're always worried about the tour but we know almost nothing about the album and the only info(from a fan site) we had about the tour was that they were looking for arenas to shows in september/ october this year.

I'm starting to doubt that she will tour this year. Cause tickets should be out on March or April to start tour on September :thinker:

26 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Just like the True Blue Tour? Or the Like a Prayer Tour? Or the Bedtine Story Tour?  Or the Ray of Light Tour? 

I don't think she had a contract for albums and tours back then. She still owes Live Nation a tour. Sticky & Sweet does not count as two. 

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

Just like the True Blue Tour? Or the Like a Prayer Tour? 

You mean the Who's that girl tour and the Blond Ambition tour?

There is no way Madonna will release an album without touring. It's not the 90's anymore and she'll be 61, if she doesn't tour while she can...

This is NOT the content I was hoping to see, after being notified that the thread has reached 33 pages... Have we not learned from Thread no.1?

Anyway, I am famished... I NEED some kind of official announcement about the new single / album by M herself... I’m still optimistic about February-early March & also a potential appearance / performance at the Brits... but yeah, it’s gotten really tiring... Way too much teasing & also much earlier than needed (1+ year to be exact)... I know this album will be THE SHIT, sooo I forgive her in advance... :drama:

3 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Just like the True Blue Tour? Or the Like a Prayer Tour? Or the Bedtine Story Tour?  Or the Ray of Light Tour? 

She’s under contract with Live Nation, dear. She owes them one more tour.

3 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

This is beyond naive. Not only for the reasons mentioned above, but have we had an album in the 21st century that wasn't followed by a tour?  That's the main source of income for any popular musician these days, and the albums are becoming a touring excuse at this point. 

She'd have toured throughout the 90's for every album but films got in the way. True Blue would have had it's own tour if it wasn't for for Who's That Girl and Like A Prayer already had a tour planned but was scrapped because of I'm Breathless. Bedtime Stories Tour may have been planned but I cant remember but there was defo a Ray Of Light Tour planned because Chris's designs were used for Drowned World. I love some of her films but if we had another three tours as a result of them not coming to pass I'd have been very happy. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

She'd have toured throughout the 90's for every album but films got in the way. True Blue would have had it's own tour if it wasn't for for Who's That Girl and Like A Prayer already had a tour planned but was scrapped because of I'm Breathless. Bedtime Stories Tour may have been planned but I cant remember but there was defo a Ray Of Light Tour planned because Chris's designs were used for Drowned World. I love some of her films but if we had another three tours as a result of them not coming to pass I'd have been very happy. 

A Bedtime Stories cancellation would have been due to Evita, and THAT I can excuse.

On 2/6/2019 at 9:53 PM, brazilfan said:

OMG~~~ That boring middle part ugly fake black roots hair style is finally gone!

Thank god!

Looking seriously great! real hair or wig I don't care. At least it is not middle part hair style that's already enough for me! 

This new era is so much promising! So far so good!

i love this look. I agree @brazilfandark hair,bleached blonde hair no middle part. I hope she does music videos like she used to with a different do with each one. Would bring me back to old times. I love  the boy toy era also. 

I've been reading the last couple of pages with great interest. There's a lot happening here, with emotions running high.

I think there is a big difference between being racist and being ignorant. Madonna is not a racist. But everyone has blind spots. Me included. Just a couple of months ago I caused some anger on this forum for making a joke about menopause. For me it was just silly banter. But a lot of people thought it was terribly insulting and it almost led to an official warning. I didn't understand why.

I always thought of myself as a very liberal, tolerant and open-minded person from one of the most liberal countries in the world (Holland). But I'm also a white male, which makes me more privileged than others. Unfortunately that is not something I always realize. Most of the time it is what it is. And that is exactly where my blind spot is. As a male I don't know how it feels to be a woman, as a white person I don't know how it feels to be black and as someone from Europe I don't know how it feels to be from Africa, the continent Europeans have plundered for ages.

So yes, now I do understand why people were upset with me for making a joke. It was ignorant.

As someone who works as a counselor I was very upset with myself for not recognizing my blind spot. It's my job to fight stigma and prejudices and all of a sudden I was being the kind of person who causes a lot of grief to the people I'm supposed to help. It was quite the wake-up call.

Still, I have a hard time understanding the meaning of cultural appropriation. The Cambridge Dictionary defines cultural appropriation as “the act of taking or using things from a culture that is not your own, especially without showing that you understand or respect this culture.” It refers to taking someone else’s culture ― intellectual property, artifacts, style, art form, etc. ― without permission. So is a video like Nothing Really Matters an example of cultural appropriation? To be honest, I really don't know. Personally I always considered the video to be Madonna's way of paying homage to Japanese culture.

Was Vogue an example of cultural appropriation because Madonna used things from gay culture without permission? Or was it an example of cultural appreciation? Again, I think Madonna paid homage to gay culture.

Madonna using the n-word on Instagram with regards to one of her children, is it racism or ignorance? I think it is ignorance. Madonna wasn't out to hurt anyone, she just didn't think it through. A lot of young people don't know what Madonna has done for minorities in the past, so it's easy to call her a racist. And it's not okay for a white person to use the n-word, even if you're a mother to four black children.

We need context to understand whether something is a form of racism or ignorance and we need context to understand whether something is a form of cultural appropriation or cultural appreciation. But it is very difficult to know, especially in a world that is changing fast, where old ways of thinking are constantly replaced by new ways.

In the end it all has to do with our mind-set and our willingness to change this mind-set. It's about our willingness to grow and letting old perspectives go. But it takes courage to do so and it can be scary letting our old views go. Those views explained the world around us. But as the world is changing, so should your views. All minorities have voices that deserve to be heard and respected.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Those movies were always planned, she was trying to become a successful actress at the time.  She did the album /movie/soundtrack/tour thing for a few cycles early on.  Movies didn't exactly get in the way.  Bedtime Stories Tour didn't happen because of Evita, and even then she was planning to tour after filming but then got pregnant. 

3 hours ago, Future Lover said:

This is beyond naive. Not only for the reasons mentioned above, but have we had an album in the 21st century that wasn't followed by a tour?  That's the main source of income for any popular musician these days, and the albums are becoming a touring excuse at this point. 

She wants to get this contract over and done with as soon as possible. One last album and one last tour so she can either move on to a new company or thanks to Guy Oseary, renegotiate and stay with both Live Nation and Interscope. At this point she’d be better setting up her own label again if she didn’t head back to WB. 

8 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

The Who's That Girl Tour and Blond Ambition tours were to support the TB and LAP albums, even if Madonna didn't record the 4 songs for the WTG soundtrack and I'm Breathless, she still would of toured in 1987 and 1990 regardless, I think she would of done the MJ thing and milked more singles out of TB and LAP as she toured