Was Madonna banned in Utah?

Zaktkoons

One of my co-workers was listing off a bunch of musicians who were banned in Utah and mentioned that Madonna was. I know Utah is a very religious state (I live here) so it doesn't really surprise me but I can't find any information on that. I'd imagine it would have been around the time the stuff with the Catholic church was happening during Blond Ambition.

Looking back through her tour dates I see she also has never came here on her tours which bums me out because it's my dream to see her live. Everything Madonna has created both musically and visually has spoken to me on a very intense level and I admire her so much.

But can anyone help me find even a news article talking about this? I've looked all across the internet and can't find anything 

51 minutes ago, The Same Parts said:

I'm pretty sure you can't ban an artist from performing in an entire state, but I was also pretty sure the world isn't a pile of excrement and the past couple of years have proven me wrong. 

You can. Various performers have been banned here for anti religious acts. Example: Marilyn Manson ripped a book of mormon on stage here so he was banned. He isn't banned anymore but yeah... It wasn't an uncommon thing here I don't think

In the case of Madonna censorship came out really strong against her. Since day one she was denounced by religious groups because of her name which was always thought as being a stage name chosen by and for herself. Then obviously we had Like A Virgin and Papa Dont Preach and Open Your Heart which were all condemned for different reasons. But that was all tame and laughable compared to Like A Prayer. Then Justify My Love/Erotica/Sex made her enemy number one to the point that some people are still pissed at her. Bottom line: conservative/religious groups always denounced her. They still do. Madonna was technically bannned anywhere in those environments. Between 1989 and 1994 she was banned in all the family oriented industries which is a big chunk of the market. Maybe in Utah they decided not to air Like A Prayer as they did in Italy.