songs planned but never performed

louis.exe

14 minutes ago, Bitch I'm Madonna said:

There were a whole bunch of songs prepared for RIT that never saw the light of day:

• Take a Bow
  • Ray of Light
  • Swim
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Live to Tell
  • Dress You Up
  • an early ballad version of Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
  • I'm So Stupid
  • Love Profusion (Headcleanr Mix)

I was never convinced about devil though ? She’s never performed a track for a tour that’s unreleased? 

20 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I was never convinced about devil though ? She’s never performed a track for a tour that’s unreleased? 

Devil was a song she wrote and recorded for the Hello Suckers! Musical she was working on at that time. It probably had a similar vibe as the slow/jazzy version of Deeper and Deeper that ended up replacing it.

14 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Wasn't I love New York rehearsed a first for RIT? It's included in IMGTTYAS..

Yeah. That one was created during the rehearsals for the show but it's not clear whether it was actually ever considered as part of the setlist.

6 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Funny Song!

Although this was done as a provocation against Warner who wanted her to perform another song - which one? Don't remember now...

Amazing. Warner wanted to release that as a single with a video cut from the live performance. Madonna wanted Impressive Instant and that led to a dispute. Madonna was a fucking savage back then and going through menopause. You can tell she was non-stop pissed from 2001-2003 and suffering from hot flashes.

Anywho...she sabotaged Amazing's single release and she sabotaged GHV2 which she felt was a stupid project. Funnily enough, she would end up treating songs she wanted as singles (that her label didn't let her release) as if they were singles. Prime example: Candy Shop and Impressive Instant (which was gong to be performed on the S&ST).

Guest PâtisseriexEnthusiast

Slightly off-topic, but I really wish we had witnessed the "Falling Free" MDNA Tour Interlude at least once. This masterpiece deserved so much recognition imo... 

10 hours ago, PâtisseriexEnthusiast said:

Slightly off-topic, but I really wish we had witnessed the "Falling Free" MDNA Tour Interlude at least once. This masterpiece deserved so much recognition imo... 

Wouldn't that have replaced the Justify My Love though? I wouldn't want to miss that. Personally, I wasn't feeling Masterpiece or Like a Virgin that much. I wouldn't mind either being replaced by Falling Free and/or Love Spent.

Guest PâtisseriexEnthusiast
13 hours ago, Bitch I'm Madonna said:

Wouldn't that have replaced the Justify My Love though? I wouldn't want to miss that. Personally, I wasn't feeling Masterpiece or Like a Virgin that much. I wouldn't mind either being replaced by Falling Free and/or Love Spent.

See, I’m greedy & want it all, so in my mind, she could just switch it up a bit when transitioning from leg 1 to leg 2 of the tour, just like S&S Tour. That way, Falling free could either replace JML as an Interlude OR be fully perfomed instead of Like a Virgin / Love Spent (I would imagine a similar, piano-driven performance). ?

On 2/3/2019 at 8:24 PM, Enrico said:

Funny Song!

Although this was done as a provocation against Warner who wanted her to perform another song - which one? Don't remember now...

Amazing

anyway....anyone noticed the sample that M and Monte used at the end of I'm so Stupid??? It's I wanna be your dog

Monte is a genius <3

14 minutes ago, rebelheart93 said:

Amazing

anyway....anyone noticed the sample that M and Monte used at the end of I'm so Stupid??? It's I wanna be your dog

Monte is a genius <3

Monte is actually Genius plus!

Amazing was the single Warner wanted off 'Music' and Madonna wanted Impressive Instant instead (because Amazing was similar/reminded her of Beautiful Stranger) and when the record label didn't agree, a fifth single was cancelled altogether ... 

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Theres an early ruff MDNA Early interlude of Justify w/ Beast Within/Has To Be sample... 

super fake...and horrible

15 hours ago, Bitch I'm Madonna said:

masterpiece at the early stage was rehearsed after open your heart/or human nature, same for falling free

and the last section was only nobody knows me ---> celebration.

in mid april rehearsals - masterpiece officialy after OYH; 3rd section ended with HN and falling free was put after nobody knows me followed by celebration

at the end of april they added like a virgin and addicted/sinner/prayer/celebration. falling free official OUT of the setlist. and

also there is an early demo test for an impressive instant/addicted mash up and two early demo test for ray of light. AND SURPRISE.....a little bit of PHYSICAL ATTRACTION WAS PUT AT THE END OF VOGUE (another demo test).

SOME GIRLS/ superstar never rehearsed

9 minutes ago, rebelheart93 said:

super fake...and horrible

masterpiece at the early stage was rehearsed after open your heart/or human nature, same for falling free

and the last section was only nobody knows me ---> celebration.

in mid april rehearsals - masterpiece officialy after OYH; 3rd section ended with HN and falling free was put after nobody knows me followed by celebration

at the end of april they added like a virgin and addicted/sinner/prayer/celebration. falling free official OUT of the setlist. and

also there is an early demo test for an impressive instant/addicted mash up and two early demo test for ray of light. AND SURPRISE.....a little bit of PHYSICAL ATTRACTION WAS PUT AT THE END OF VOGUE (another demo test).

SOME GIRLS/ superstar never rehearsed

like the sound of that Physical surprise! 

Oh and during the Music Promo Tour Holiday was performed at the last minute instead of Borderline!

And guys remember that [awesome] Vogue version for the RHT that was posted on youtube by TMZ and soon after removed? 

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

like the sound of that Physical surprise! 

Oh and during the Music Promo Tour Holiday was performed at the last minute instead of Borderline!

And guys remember that [awesome] Vogue version for the RHT that was posted on youtube by TMZ and soon after removed? 

No. That Borderline version was fake as well. It was never rehearsed nor considered.

That Vogue version was in fact a remix done by Bit Error:

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Vogue it was not a mix I was talking about ... but rehearsals... 

It was fake footage, dude. I remember exactly the clip you are talking about. THIS is the mix they put added to a clip from the MDNA Tour rehearsals pretending it was from the Rebel Heart Tour. It was fake.

17 minutes ago, Bitch I'm Madonna said:

It was fake footage, dude. I remember exactly the clip you are talking about. THIS is the mix they put added to a clip from the MDNA To/ur rehearsals pretending it was from the Rebel Heart Tour. It was fake.

I'm talking about this version which has reappeared on youtube! Seems they're wearing the Adidas tracksuits like the S&S!! :thinker: I only had an audio clip of it...