Humanfly

Eurovision query

Hey everyone! I am not trolling! I am hoping the worldview of this forum can help fill me in on the ... implications of a performance in Israel. From a fairly uninformed Texan with good intentions. Atheist, gay, 30 yo M I read US stops all aid to Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza. The same day that Eurovision performance is confirmed in the press.

Start to wonder because I have heard it was a place of much controversy.

https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/38680/1/why-artists-cancel-shows-in-israel

What is madonnas stance on this topic?

what is yours and why?

in the past I always thought “it’s not the music fans fault that they are stuck in a backward place their government is fucked up so why punish them by cancelling their chance at enjoying something” but i have been forced to rethink that by a friend who suggested Thom Yorke of Radiohead was an asshole for not considering the ethics. I think the “border wall” that the USA is considering is total shame

and disgusting fear

mongering . Enough about me.

im guessing if madonna really does perform at Eurovision that she has a powerful reason to.  Can anyone who is more informed fill me in on a. What Eurovision is, 

and any other pertinent info.. regarding the location.

sincerely,

mark

Im here for thoughtful remarks, witty comments, whatever anyone knows. I’m here to learn if possible 7BF7BA48-37EF-47BB-BBA3-95B73EDEACD7.gif.99fda1f3a8e9940ffe2e31e5e81df930.gif

If Madonna performs in Israel at the ESC, it WILL get her seen by millions of people but may be the worst thing for her career.
That's what Roger Waters et al are about.
The next Apartheid ?
This article seems to say there's not that much support...............
U Decide.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/despite-star-power-boycotting-israel-has-little-appeal-in-the-uk/

Israel has one of the worst government in the world, but it is not up to celebrities to change it. There is something called United Nations, you know. Nobody can force a singer to boycott a country.

Israel's population is full of devoted Madonna fans and it is natural that Madonna wants to perform for her loyal fans. 

On top of that,  Madonna has never been afraid to address the current political situation in her concerts. For instance, she was not afraid to speak out against homophobic laws in Russia.

Now, to boycott a country and cancel the concert would not affect the economy of that country in any significant way. On the other hand, to use the stage to speak out against the government and spread a positive message with an Isaac/Forbidden Love style performance it is a greater form of activism and wake up call for the population of that country.  :Madonna019:

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Israel has one of the worst government in the world, but it is not up to celebrities to change it. There is something called United Nations, you know. Nobody can force a singer to boycott a country.

Israel's population is full of devoted Madonna fans and it is natural that Madonna wants to perform for her loyal fans. 

On top of that,  Madonna has never been afraid to address the current political situation in her concerts. For instance, she was not afraid to speak out against homophobic laws in Russia.

Now, to boycott a country and cancel the concert would not affect the economy of that country in any significant way. On the other hand, to use the stage to speak out against the government and spread a positive message with an Isaac/Forbidden Love style performance it is a greater form of activism and wake up call for the population of that country.  :Madonna019:

Reminds me of when Jennifer Holiday was asked to sing at the White-house.
I thought she should have went and maybe remind Trump what Christianity means ?
If you forget about anything political, yes Madge will be seen by Millions Of People but it might just end her career ??

Definitely won’t end her career by and means but it could get flak from activists. I’m thinking this is the best case scenario: 

On the other hand, to use the stage to speak out against the government and spread a positive message with an Isaac/Forbidden Love style performance it is a greater form of activism and wake up call for the population of that country. -LA

She has too many connections to Israel: Guy Oseary, Kabbalah, Hackers, Business ventures. She won't say a thing about the Palestinian conflict. It's sad really. It's sad she'd stoop to a shit show like Eurovision and sad that she's only performing there because of the location and will more than likely keep her lips closed....y'know because she's such a "rebel heart."

She performed the re before with her tours.

Please, read till the end. 

The history of Israel is "older" and complicated than you must think...That place was the home of the jews a long time ago, where they were kicked out by other "nations"/cultures...for example the Romans, later the muslins took their temple and made it their own temple (where is now the dome of the rock). Many nations wanted that place because it was the "holy land", but honestly its just land like in every part of the world. Later it was occupied by Britain, who named it Palestine. After the second world war, it was given to the jews to build their country/home again...

If I agree with some politics from this state? not really, but in some way they are just taking back what was taken from them in the past.

Israel the bad guy. and Palestine the victim? Not really.

Politians from Palestine are not that innocent either...In their conflicts they use their own people as human shields. there was a time that I followes more this "subject", and I saw a lot of shit. There is a thing called "propaganda", most of it are lies. Palestine used a lot images from other conflicts as their own, for example Syria. I remember one time they shared a video of a child without head... Later I discovered it was a fake video, taken from a Hollywood movie. Or the tunnels they made to go to Israel and plant their bombs?

There are innocents in both sides. There are monsters in both sides. Honestly, I don't know what to feel or think anymore. I'm sorry for the innocent victims in both sides....and I blame it in fanatics, politians from both sides.

actually, I dont think there will be a solution...until there is a change of mind in both sides. They are also too much attached to old religious ideas, both sides.

I've been there once. In some way I missed my Europe...but I loved being there. It's a wonderfull place that muslins and jews should have learned to share. But, in general. all around the world, the human kind didnt really learned to share. It's all about take, take, take...no matter what.

Those artists that boycot Israel...I dont know what to call them. They are boycoting their fans there. where do they get their money to eat and have a luxury life? their fans. Their fans in Israel are a small portion but they still are their fans. In their shows in Israel, they don't have only israeli fans, but also palestinian, and other countries. 

You know Middle East is not that secure, and honestly Israel is the most secure country in that area. Most of you here are gay, right? It might be the only country there that welcomes gay people. Maybe the only one that has a memorial to the gay people killed in world war 2...Try to have a singer like Dana International in Palestine, Iran, and some other Israel neighboors...

Everytime Madonna goes there, I'm a little affraid, not because of Israel but its neighboors, and all the fanatism around there. Remember her MDNA concert in Tel Aviv...yes she is a fucking rebel heart. There were people from Israel and Palestine. look it up.  And those who think she doesnt say anything...I remember when she shared something about kids in Palestine, years ago. Those who boycot their fans, are like those who took half of a sentence on her Womens March speech and made it bad...when they just didnt listened to the whole sentence. 

I'm sorry for the innocents.