Elisa

The 'drag kid' who has Madonna and RuPaul as fans

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-47177250/the-drag-kid-who-has-madonna-and-rupaul-as-fans

The notion of a "drag kid" still being controversial, even in the gay community, I was curious to know what Madonna fans think about it. Is it just "kids expressing themselves" or can we be worried that these kids are used by their parents/handlers just like "freaks" were used in freak shows in the past? 

A child's psychology is ever evolving and I think it's not really a bad idea to let them just have fun and be passionate about something. It's when people go off on a tangent and start linking this stuff with sexuality that the problem arises. Personally I just find it light hearted and a very cute nod towards a very important cultural movement.

Sorry but Desmond is annoying and an attention seeking kid. I’m sure he’s having a blast meeting all these queens from in and out of Drag Race, but to upstage every queen and panel at DragCon, and making sure he and his family had a front row spot at Wig Stock 2.Ho was just too much. Finish school

I don't like the label "drag kid" in the same way I would not like the label "gay or straight kid". A kid is a kid and should not be exposed to the rest of the world.   The message otherwise is that being "drag" is something special and some kids or their parents could be tempted to do it just for the spotlight.