Bitch I'm Madonna impact

Régine Filange

45 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I love Madonna with my soul but this parody sums up everything wrong with that song - when you stack it up against songs like Falling Free and Ghosttown - her most relevant songs of the 2010s it’s pure garbage 

I love parodies but this one is pure GARBAGE. It's just an unpleasant collection of the most stupid cliche among Madonna's haters. Nevertheless all the parodies made about BIM prove the impact and relevancy of the song. Ghosttown made no impact at all: such a forgettable ballad. 

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

I love Madonna with my soul but this parody sums up everything wrong with that song - when you stack it up against songs like Falling Free and Ghosttown - her most relevant songs of the 2010s it’s pure garbage 

Honestly, I'm all here for parodies but this one is just downright ageist and shameful.

Bitch, I'm Madonna is cheesy but it was most definitely a way better "pure pop" song than Give Me All Your Luvin' which ironically felt more like a self-parody than this song which no one should take seriously to begin with.

Oh and I wholeheartedly agree that, while I like Ghosttown, it's a VERY forgettable single.

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

I love parodies but this one is pure GARBAGE. It's just an unpleasant collection of the most stupid cliche among Madonna's haters. Nevertheless all the parodies made about BIM prove the impact and relevancy of the song. Ghosttown made no impact at all: such a forgettable ballad. 

That's the point - GARBAGE imitating GARBAGE - thats what a parody is !! Lol :)

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

That's the point - GARBAGE imitating GARBAGE - thats what a parody is !! Lol :)

Like it or not but BIM is a very experimental song with a fresh sound that got quickly imitated. Ghosttown failed to impact pop culture cuz it is such a basic song that could have been released by anyone else. 
The lyrics of BIM are full of self-irony and more funny than the parody itself. It's not that hard to pull together a bunch of ageist jokes..."Madonna should quit" ""Her breath smells like cigarette and fish" (so wack, she doesn't even smoke) ...that parody mocks Madonna more than the song itself using basic jokes and a basic recreation of the music video. I prefer more creative parodies....like the ones below  :Madonna014:

Aside from OP, which shows some impact of BIM (not that Madonna is the first who did that sound), BIM didn't really have an impact. I don't get why fans keeping saying that. All RH singles flopped and just because one single got some attention doesn't make it huge. Let's not mix "popularity"  on YT with impact. 

The truth is BIM would have tanked even harder, if Madonna didn't bring all those celebs to her video. General public only paid attention to BIM because of the video.

7 minutes ago, luckystar said:

Aside from OP, which shows some impact of BIM (not that Madonna is the first who did that sound), BIM didn't really have an impact. I don't get why fans keeping saying that. All RH singles flopped and just because one single got some attention doesn't make it huge. Let's not mix "popularity"  on YT with impact. 

The truth is BIM would have tanked even harder, if Madonna didn't bring all those celebs to her video. General public only paid attention to BIM because of the video.

The truth is that BIM out-streamed any other RH single. It is the song that get played the most and the song that has inspired countless of dance routines and parodies. The presence of other celebs only makes the video more legendary, but it doesn't diminish the appreciation for the song. 

I don't recall any other mainstream song with the sound of BIM. I think it was kind of experimental for Madonna.

17 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Like it or not but BIM is a very experimental song with a fresh sound that got quickly imitated. Ghosttown failed to impact pop culture cuz it is such a basic song that could have been released by anyone else. 
The lyrics of BIM are full of self-irony and more funny than the parody itself. 

You sound like Madonna while describing the shitty lyrics as ironic. Every time Madonna delivers bad lyrics, they are supposed to be ironic. Why can't it be good and ironic lyrics? It is just a lame excuse from Madonna or fans.

The lyrics are cliche. A party song that could have been written by anyone. It doesn't even make sense. Madonna sings "we this, we that...", but then she claims "bitch, I'm Madonna". Why using "we" at all, if she is the one who is allowed to do what she wants?

When it comes to music, Madonna isn't the first one who did that sound. There is something unique about it, but it sounds cheap and like a demo. It was a nice idea, but needed more tweaking and maybe better lyrics could have made it to be a better song.

Sophie's weird beats made more sense on this song.

51 minutes ago, luckystar said:

You sound like Madonna while describing the shitty lyrics as ironic. Every time Madonna delivers bad lyrics, they are supposed to be ironic. Why can't it be good and ironic lyrics? It is just a lame excuse from Madonna or fans.

The lyrics are cliche. A party song that could have been written by anyone. It doesn't even make sense. Madonna sings "we this, we that...", but then she claims "bitch, I'm Madonna". Why using "we" at all, if she is the one who is allowed to do what she wants?

When it comes to music, Madonna isn't the first one who did that sound. There is something unique about it, but it sounds cheap and like a demo. It was a nice idea, but needed more tweaking and maybe better lyrics could have made it to be a better song.

Sophie's weird beats made more sense on this song.

The lyrics are good if you enjoy the humor in it. Those lyrics could have not be written by anyone else, simply because the effect of "bitch, I'm Madonna" is much more powerful than " bitch, I'm Rihanna/Beyonce/Ariana". 
The meaning is that Madonna has became a way of being: everyone who is not afraid to be himself/herself can be called Madonna. It means that we are all Madonna. And being  Madonna means you can be whatever you want! We are who we are because of Madonna. That is why other celebrities say "bitch, I'm Madonna" and there was no need for a longer cameo. 
The lyrics look like cliche but the message of the song is actually very solid and powerful.

Not to mention the song is really catchy and the beat is fresh. Diplo and Sophie worked a lot on the song and I don't think it sounds like a demo. If you listen to the demo of BIM you can realize the huge difference with the final result.

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

The lyrics are good if you enjoy the humor in it. Those lyrics could have not be written by anyone else, simply because the effect of "bitch, I'm Madonna" is much more powerful than " bitch, I'm Rihanna/Beyonce/Ariana". 
The meaning is that Madonna has became a way of being: everyone who is not afraid to be himself/herself can be called Madonna. It means that we are all Madonna. And being  Madonna means you can be whatever you want! We are who we are because of Madonna. That is why other celebrities say "bitch, I'm Madonna" and there was no need for a longer cameo. 
The lyrics look like cliche but the message of the song is actually very solid and powerful.

Not to mention the song is really catchy and the beat is fresh. Diplo and Sophie worked a lot on the song and I don't think it sounds like a demo. If you listen to the demo of BIM you can realize the huge difference with the final result.

i agree with this 

6 hours ago, luckystar said:

Qualitative works

The first rule of 'English' is never to use A BIG WORD in place of Something Simpler unless there is no other.
(See I didn't say 'alternative' there ?)
Where's the Quality in that alleged song by Madonna ?
The first reaction I had to hearing it was "I KNOW !"
NOW go and write a decent fucking song instead of this.
It is preaching to her devotees and no one else.

Plus she says Someone coerced her into recording American Pie and Now she regrets doing so ?
Who = Rupert Everett ??
I thought it was genius myself and you'd only regret recording it if you listen to any Rock Dinosaur 'Journalists' ???