New tour

Bat-Fan

On 2/14/2019 at 9:03 AM, Lucifer's Angel said:

I hope she'll avoid the arenas cuz I don't want another RHT. It was her worst tour ever imo. I rather have big production and quality performances than intimacy and slightly better audio. That is why I wish that it will be another stadium tour like the MDNA tour. No more arenas, please. 

Stadium tour would be great but I doubt she can still sell stadiums, minus South America and Asia.

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

Stadium tour would be great but I doubt she can still sell stadiums, minus South America and Asia.

Why is that? The Rolling Stones just announced a 2019 US stadium tour even if their new music is not charting. Madonna like the Rolling Stones is a legendary tour performer and she will always attract a lot of audience. 

If you take a look at the RHT in Europe she had to add many more dates because one arena could not satisfy the demand of most of Europe countries. For instance, she had to do 5 dates in Germany and UK; and 3 dates in Italy, where she could have easily done just one stadium date. If she tour arena in Europe then she has to do at least 2-3 dates in each country to satisfy the demand. 

Maybe the US is the only place in which she may struggle to sell stadium due to the heavy boycotting that has been going on there since the American Life times. 

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Why is that? The Rolling Stones just announced a 2019 US stadium tour even if their new music is not charting. Madonna like the Rolling Stones is a legendary tour performer and she will always attract a lot of audience. 

If you take a look at the RHT in Europe she had to add many more dates because one arena could not satisfy the demand of most of Europe countries. For instance, she had to do 5 dates in Germany and UK; and 3 dates in Italy, where she could have easily done just one stadium date. If she tour arena in Europe then she has to do at least 2-3 dates in each country to satisfy the demand. 

Maybe the US is the only place in which she may struggle to sell stadium due to the heavy boycotting that has been going on there since the American Life times. 

Maybe she can do part Stadium, part Arenas like MDNA tour and BAT

• 2 months later...

I wonder if Kevin Antunes will be the musical director again. If so, he'd be her longest serving musical director. Jai Winding and Stuart Price both worked on 3 tours each. This would be Kevin's fourth tour with her. Can't say I'm excited about that. Madonna's live music was EXCELLENT during the tours she did with Stuart. It's mediocre with Kevin, in my opinion.

Madonna Says Plans for Her Next Tour Have Been 'Spoken About in Such a Deep Way'

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8509913/madonna-interview-tour-plans

In Billboard’s backstage chat with Madonna at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards, the conversation turned from her new music on her forthcoming album Madame X (out June 14) to the possibility of a new concert tour. (Watch the interview above; tour chat starts at the 5:55 point.)

Billboard asked about the possibility of a tour maybe happening at some point, though also wondered aloud to the diva if she is even allowed to say anything about a tour right now.

“Uh, it’s… it’s been spoken about in such a deep way,” Madonna said, “that I’m actually having production meetings.”

So, the tour is probably happening? “Yes!”

Billboard then made an appeal to have Madonna consider adding in one of her three top 10 Billboard Hot 100 hits (out of a record 38) that she’s yet to play live: “Rescue Me” (No. 9 in 1991), “This Used to Be My Playground” (No. 1 in 1992) and “I’ll Remember” (No. 2 in 1994).

“I’ll tell you why [they haven’t been performed]: Because they’re very laidback dreamy songs,” she said, suggesting that they don’t fit into her very high-energy, kick-butt shows.

Billboard countered: "'Rescue Me''s kinda punchy.”

Madonna: "'Rescue Me''s kinda dope! I’ve actually… I’ll consider that one. Your love has given me hope, OK? To quote the song.”

We closed the interview by bidding Madonnafarewell, letting her know how we’re looking forward to seeing her on whatever that tour is that may or may not be announced soon. “Whatever dressing room I might be performing in,” Madonna says, jokingly, adding: “You’ll come anywhere, right? Small cabaret? A stadium?”

Billboard: “Starbucks down the street? I’m there.”

Madonna: “OK, see you there!”