Ranking the Tracks: Like a Virgin

anel_

Same drill. Rank your least to most favourite tracks on the LAV album. I know most fans aren’t too fond of this album but personally it’s such a bop. PRETENDER IS EVERYTHANG that LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND COULD NEVER BE. 

1. Material Girl

2. Angel

3. Like a Virgin

4. Over & Over

5. Love Don’t Live Here Anymore

6. Dress you Up

7. Shoo-Bee-Doo

8. Pretender

9. Stay

Like A Virgin is 'retarded' or something ?
Into The Groove is an after thought that exploded.
Stay is there 'coz well She must be obeyed seems to really like it in all it's 'virgins'.
Love Don't Live Here Anymore wasn't A.Single 'coz of Jimmy Nail, who had a higher chart place than the Rose Royce original in the UK at least.
This is the album that was to contain 'only hits - no filler' a reference she made to her 1st 'album'.
I always thought that was her buttering up the record label....hopefully.

My least favourite 80s album of hers. It's quite obvious the last three tracks were always gonna be b-sides/fillers. LDLHA could have been a hit and Over and Over too maybe if it wasn't for the Vision Quest soundtrack and that other obscure cover version of LDLHA creeping up the charts the same year.

1. Angel (best)
  2. Over and Over
  3. (Into the Groove)
  4. Love Don't Live Here Anymore
  5. Dress You Up
  6. Like a Virgin
  7. Material Girl
  8. Stay
  9. Pretender
  10. Shoo-Bee-Doo (worst)

1 hour ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

The remix was done by Forest & Heller (not Shep Pettibone) who did the remixes for Open Your Heart and Who's That Girl :)

Who’s that girl and Open your heart we’re remixed by Thomson and Bariero.....????

forest and heller remixed Everybody

1 minute ago, Candy Perfume Boy said:

Who’s that girl and Open your heart we’re remixed by Thomson and Bariero.....????

forest and heller remixed Everybody

Ahhh yes got a bit confused there! I meant Thompson & Barbiero. :seeno::seeno: I keep mixing them up.

Forest & Heller did an excellent job on Everybody regardless.

1 minute ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

Ahhh yes got a bit confused there! I meant Thompson & Barbiero. :seeno::seeno: I keep mixing them up.

Forest & Heller did an excellent job on Everybody regardless.

The F and H everybody mix doesn’t sound much different to the original version to me, and fits in well nonetheless. 

But im going off topic!

the best remix from the LAV album is Love Don’t Live Here Anymore: Hot Mix Edit. Whilst it came 11 years later, it’s an absolute banger