M haters in Brazil

Luiz Ribeiro

Here in Brazil we are facing a new ageism against Madonna, especially the Lady Gaga fandom, after her nominations for the season's awards. The comparisons are immense, belittling Madonna's story, saying that Madonna is irrelevant to music today, that some respect her story, but that the gaga would be a more complete and creative artist than she. I am extremely shocked by the lack of knowledge of these young people, who are seeing Gaga already going to another level in pop music, and soon will be muffled by other great artists like Ariana Grande, just as Madonna was by Gaga. Outside Brazil, in the discussion forums, is something like this happening or is it just here?

The only thing the lady gaga brains have created in the music world is animosity. Turning fans against each other through manipulative tactics is not something I would be proud of and I certainly wouldn't admire anyone who would want to turn people against each other. 

Let me know when they figure out a way to make Madonna's discography disappear. 

As for these fans, some people are happy or empowered to live in a created bubble. Perhaps they feel safe in there? What they need to understand is they can not make everyone else live in thier bubble and they need to get a grip on reality. 

Madonna's first records were groove based.
I've read that she got the following that Teena Marie should have got but didn't.
Madge has always wanted to be taken seriously for music, acting, performing and song writing.
And yes I'm old enough to genuinely remember raving about a new record and hearing, "Madonna...Who ?"

All I know about 'Lady' Gaa Gaa is that Grace Jones turned down the offer of a Duet.
"ALL my friends were like...U MUST...but I still said no as SHE would be the one to gain from it not me."
And my favourite La Grace-ism of many...."I prefer to work with more talented artist's...." :laughing:

Ariana 'who' ?
I thought she asked her Dad to make her A Pop Star ??

Madonna has 'straddled' the switch from physical product [records] through past CD's and onto the 'no product' of Streaming.
I made myself listen to the past two 'un-even' albums and her only problem musically is she still writes for vinyl.
What's hyped as Pop has deffo changed a lot and is that why some of her old style Songs get left behind at demo stage ?
I hope her new album is all Portuguese World Music...ified.
It worked for Paul Simon after all.
Though as David Bowie once said, "My job is to lie to you."

We see the TV News.
Brazil seems VERY Angry all round just now.
And hungry too.
I hope it all calms down a.s.a.p.

Meanwhile in local news.....

For Madonna Badillo, a life of discrimination and hardship motivates her to help LGBTQ Venezuelans in need of a home.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/02/colombia-madonna-helps-lgbtq-people-fleeing-venezuela-190212170027824.html?fbclid=IwAR3pfa8BZvxBLoRwk2PW-CSo1aMXfH09lO7J81cBPOGxOE76sQDiA5vfPKE

1 hour ago, professormouse said:

Meanwhile in local news.....

For Madonna Badillo, a life of discrimination and hardship motivates her to help LGBTQ Venezuelans in need of a home.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/02/colombia-madonna-helps-lgbtq-people-fleeing-venezuela-190212170027824.html?fbclid=IwAR3pfa8BZvxBLoRwk2PW-CSo1aMXfH09lO7J81cBPOGxOE76sQDiA5vfPKE

That’s a different Madonna. 

1 minute ago, professormouse said:

WHY is everyone so literal ?
HER name IS Madonna !
And you miss the point entirely.
It's a story of a trans woman giving gay refugees a roof.
Spookily she has a certain well known name too.
Why would they publicise this ?

:Madonna034: um...

Because we were talking about Madonna Ciccone and not some random woman lol.

This 'thread' started with a view of Madge being hated South of The Border.
That was some reporter being sympathetic to Gay People and obviously her actual first name [this random woman] will spread the story further.
Have you watched the Lady Gaa Gaa/R.Kelly video today ?
It seems to have been pulled from Youtube.
I say Carry On. :laughing:

Why on earth did you decide to start a topic about this? Whats the use of it?!  This is old news man and not relevant at all!  I am not attacking you, but dont ya know 'dont feed the trolls'      Ignore this kind of gossip and fakenews...

Dont give them a platform in any way or u will lose...let the haters be .....As long there is a Madonna this will never end . Rise above it and fuck the haters and anyone who spew poison in this or any matter.  But your concern is appreciated.