Sultrysully

Rescue Me - Tour Opener 2019

Yes. THIS. Also, being a political bitch that she is, it is BEYOND me that she hasn’t embraced History. Like, that song breathes everything she’s ever talked about and has SO much meaning to everything wrong with the US president. I don’t know why she doesn’t acknowledge that song

This is one of my all time favourite songs and never understood why she doesn’t acknowledge it ? It’s her only worldwide single to never have a video and it’s never been sung on tour so it’s definitely welcome and long overdue 😫

Yes, but not as tour opener. I hate it when tours are being opened by songs that are not from the supporting album.

Anyway, Rescue Me really should have been performed at The Girlie Show. That tour's setlist was too short and very boring honestly. It could have worked very well in the sailor section instead of I'm Going Bananas.

Id love her to do Rescue Me I do think she would have to pre-record that song if it was an openor similiar to Vogue Future Lovers and GGW. I don't think she has as strong vocals as she did back in 1990 when the song was released on the IC.

17 hours ago, MerBoy13 said:

Id love her to do Rescue Me I do think she would have to pre-record that song if it was an openor similiar to Vogue Future Lovers and GGW. I don't think she has as strong vocals as she did back in 1990 when the song was released on the IC.

I think her vocals are quite good on this - i think a mashup with this and Words would be a great opening(Using the words outro verse of course) these are my 2 fave pettibone songs

I dunno about opening number but there's so much you can do with this wonderful song. 

I always visualize it in a dramatic Titanic-inspired setting with the dancers appropiately dressed as sailors and water elements but one could also forsee a 'political' remix interlude a la Don't Talk Don't Speak or Nobody Knows Me.

It's the closing track of her biggest -selling album and a fan favorite, so why not?.

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I think her vocals are quite good on this - i think a mashup with this and Words would be a great opening(Using the words outro verse of course) these are my 2 fave pettibone songs

Do you mean they would be quite good on it if she samg it live rather then pre-recorded? How strange those are my two favourite songs by Shep to! 🤨

7 minutes ago, MerBoy13 said:

Do you mean they would be quite good on it if she samg it live rather then pre-recorded? How strange those are my two favourite songs by Shep to! 🤨

We must be kindred spirits then - I listen to those songs ( plus shame which I also love) more than any other of her shep songs - I think a studio version mash up of those songs would be amazing for a tour maybe a backdrop ?