The Immaculate Collection re-enters the official UK chart

Régine Filange

The only issue that I have with TIC is that it should have been two discs to include all of her hits to that point.  Angel... Dress You Up... Gambler.... True Blue... Who's that Girl... Causing a Commotion... The Look of Love... Oh Father... Keep It Together.... and Hanky Panky... are the obvious omissions.  Everybody and Burning up are historical masterpieces and belonged in the collection.  The material was definitely there.  Who's that Girl would have definitely fit in the released version and a true blue edit as well. 

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

My only gripe is she should have replaced cherish with who’s that girl but it’s a minor quibble ?

I'm sure that I read once that WTG was on the original tracklist, along with just one new song, and it was removed to make space for a second new song.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 4:43 PM, Sultrysully said:

The only issue that I have with TIC is that it should have been two discs to include all of her hits to that point.  Angel... Dress You Up... Gambler.... True Blue... Who's that Girl... Causing a Commotion... The Look of Love... Oh Father... Keep It Together.... and Hanky Panky... are the obvious omissions.  Everybody and Burning up are historical masterpieces and belonged in the collection.  The material was definitely there.  Who's that Girl would have definitely fit in the released version and a true blue edit as well. 

The point is that it's IMMACULATE though. No flops, or less commercially successful singles.

I do think True Blue and Dress You Up should have made the cut. Who's That Girl was number 1 but it's never had the kudos her other singles of the time did. 

The real tea would have been a second collection of songs (like More Abba Gold).

1. Everybody
  2. Burning Up
  3. Physical Attraction
  4. Angel
  5. Dress You Up
  6. Gambler
  7. True Blue
  8. Who's That Girl
  9. Causing A Commotion
  10. The Look Of Love
  11. Spotlight
  12. Dear Jessie
  13. Oh Father
  14. Keep It Together
  15. Hanky Panky
  16. Sooner Or Later
  17. New Song

Id have bought that in a heartbeat and so would Millions and Millions of others.

14 hours ago, steady75 said:

The point is that it's IMMACULATE though. No flops, or less commercially successful singles.

I do think True Blue and Dress You Up should have made the cut. Who's That Girl was number 1 but it's never had the kudos her other singles of the time did. 

The real tea would have been a second collection of songs (like More Abba Gold).

1. Everybody
  2. Burning Up
  3. Physical Attraction
  4. Angel
  5. Dress You Up
  6. Gambler
  7. True Blue
  8. Who's That Girl
  9. Causing A Commotion
  10. The Look Of Love
  11. Spotlight
  12. Dear Jessie
  13. Oh Father
  14. Keep It Together
  15. Hanky Panky
  16. Sooner Or Later
  17. New Song

Id have bought that in a heartbeat and so would Millions and Millions of others.

Well, the compilation's 30th anniversary is next year. Maybe. before then, someone in Madonna's camp will finally wake up and do something to honour Madonna's biggest selling release. Maybe the expanded 2 disc release we have all been wanting for so long. We can but dream.

2 hours ago, Ambrose said:

Why would they bother releasing an extended version of The Immaculate Collection when most of the songs are on Celebration anyway? She wouldn’t bother spending time on that instead of new projects and only hardcore fans would buy it anyway.

She is already at a situation where only hardcore fans are buying what she releases, so it wouldn't be any kind of loss... and it certainly wouldn't take much effort

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 9:46 PM, steady75 said:

1. Everybody
  2. Burning Up
  3. Physical Attraction
  4. Angel
  5. Dress You Up
  6. Gambler
  7. True Blue
  8. Who's That Girl
  9. Causing A Commotion
  10. The Look Of Love
  11. Spotlight
  12. Dear Jessie
  13. Oh Father
  14. Keep It Together
  15. Hanky Panky
  16. Sooner Or Later
  17. New Song

The general public don’t know most of those songs 

On 4/12/2019 at 7:33 PM, PWCCA said:

She is already at a situation where only hardcore fans are buying what she releases, so it wouldn't be any kind of loss... and it certainly wouldn't take much effort

U Win !
Someone has convince Her Madgeness that the kind of Song she did in the days of vinyl is past it these days.
But still those kind have managed to get on her last couple of albums even if The Plan is to have the tuneless wonders that get Streamed now.
Her Age has nothing to do with her having A Hit ever again.
The newest effort is aimed at everyone but The Devoted and hopes to find a new audience altogether.
Maybe now her Back Catalogue might get a re-think but I doubt it.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...