Like a Prayer - 30th Anniversary on Spotify (OMG)

Régine Filange

14 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

I appreciate that they at least did something, but they couldve made this available to buy on itunes or something. Digital releases are fairly easy to put together now.

Besides, I can't bring myself to use Spotify. The quality of the files makes the music sound tinny. People have traded quality for convenience. Something I am not willing to do.

I think it will be on iTunes if it’s not already, it just takes awhile to reach all the platforms. I know it’s on YouTube Music already.

What's the big deal with this? It will bring the album to people's attention, that's all it is. I don't get why people are upset, it could've easily been nothing like all the other anniversaries. If she sold this on CD then you can complain about missing tracks but otherwise I don't get the meltdowns. Did you all expect some big project to celebrate the album?  :confused:

5 hours ago, Enrico said:

So you're not counting TRUE COLORS? Come on!

Are we talking about the first woman to win a Tony Award for best composer of a musical?

Let's just admit that other artists and their management care more about music releases...

We should only pray that Madonna and Warner decide to do similar things...

R-5552289-1396353111-3156.jpeg.jpg

Ok so she had TWO big albums, one bigger than the other and that was it

Didn't know, like much of the world, about her Tony award.  The point is IF COURSE Cyndi and her management are gonna milk that iconic album for all it's worth, Madonna, in addition to havng like a DOZEN big albums, has a new album coming out just months from now, maybe if she didn't have a new release coming out?

20 minutes ago, Fighter said:

What's the big deal with this? It will bring the album to people's attention, that's all it is. I don't get why people are upset, it could've easily been nothing like all the other anniversaries. If she sold this on CD then you can complain about missing tracks but otherwise I don't get the meltdowns. Did you all expect some big project to celebrate the album?  :confused:

Yes we did but we’re not surprised ?

42 minutes ago, Fighter said:

I wasn’t expecting anything for the anniversary. I just think the sloppiness and lack of attention to detail is amateur as is the cover art. It may not be a physical release but it’s released officially and I am of the mind that things should always be done properly and professionally. Which is not the case here. So that’s why we’re upset.

Its the same story with her YouTube channel and it was the same story with Celebration. I don’t think it’s that’s hard to do this stuff properly.

So many things that they could have done to mark the 30th anniversary of such a landmark album in Madonna's career, and all that comes is a shoddy playlist. Such a wasted opportunity. Even a reissue of the album on a different colour vinyl shows a bit more foresight and effort than this. What a waste

2 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

So many things that they could have done to mark the 30th anniversary of such a landmark album in Madonna's career, and all that comes is a shoddy playlist. Such a wasted opportunity. Even a reissue of the album on a different colour vinyl shows a bit more foresight and effort than this. What a waste

RSD picture disc release or something would have been glorious!

31 minutes ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

I wasn’t expecting anything for the anniversary. I just think the sloppiness and lack of attention to detail is amateur as is the cover art. It may not be a physical release but it’s released officially and I am of the mind that things should always be done properly and professionally. Which is not the case here. So that’s why we’re upset.

Its the same story with her YouTube channel and it was the same story with Celebration. I don’t think it’s that’s hard to do this stuff properly.

whats the sloppines? the missing tracks? the cover art is ok.

5 minutes ago, Fighter said:

whats the sloppines? the missing tracks? the cover art is ok.

I did not really like the cover either, but it's not the worst she's ever done. What surprised me was she added tracks that only had on the singles, such singles that were not even included in Spotify. Btw, if have any of her staff reading us, please .... we want the missing singles!

At least Madonna and her team did something, but it wasn't anything special. Other artists did it better.

Does anyone else watch Absolutely Fabulous? Current Madonna reminds me so much of Edina Monsoon. :pop:In one old episode, Edina was wearing some thing in her pants that was supposed to shape her ass. :laughing:

In one of the latest episodes, Edina tells Bubble, her assistant, to do everything to promote some French singer. Bubble's reply was "Should I just twitter it?". And she did just that. In Madonna's case, her team just made a Spotify list of existing songs. :coffee: Even we could have done that. :kitty:

On a serious note, her team is going in the right direction, but they should try to do something amazing with her legacy (HQ videos on YT, DVD releases of her tours...).

3 hours ago, Future Lover said:

Well, you guys are aware that your reaction is exactly the one I described in my post? ?

I do wonder... if there was no remastering and they just plonked the old timey files... why not all the had? Is that a valid concern in the eyes of you, brave true fans?

Do we know if they really are remastered? Based on what you said about Oh Father, I still have doubts... :cryin:

I'm glad Supernatural is finally available on streaming at last.

if you guys are still looking for a remastered version https://madonnamdnablog.blogspot.com/2014/03/lap25-like-prayer-25th-anniversary-pack.html?showComment=1553201381424#c1025399973216444251 the links are dead, but I guess someone here still has these - they did a nice job tho - I hope they re-upload if they get a good amount of requests :kiss2: