I demand Blond Ambition in Blu Ray format!

mdna2015

Are you sure they wore it the whole show? Cause in

you can see her wearing her normal outfit in Causing A Commotion, but then when they show Where's The Party she's wearing the leggings again. I don't know if those clips are from the same show cause it seems strange for her to just change pants after Causing A Commotion, but you can see a guy on the floor trying to get rid of the rain in Causing A Commotion. So if that's the only Japanese show where it rained then I guess she didn't wear the leggings the whole show. Plus in
that's from the opening night she's wearing her normal Vogue outfit, and if you check the other footage of that show you can see her wearing her normal outfit for most of the songs. I've seen most of the show except the first few songs, so I can't know for sure if that's really the opening night. I guess someone would have to post a clip of Express Yourself to see if it's really the show where she wore the leggings. The guy who posted the Vogue video also posted another clip of the same show where you can see that the stage is wet, and you can see the same guy from the Causing A Commotion clip trying to get rid of the rain.I think they probably just exaggerated that whole rain thing for Truth Or Dare and she only wore it for the first couple songs.

I don't know for certain if they wore them for the whole show, now that you mention it, because I've never seen it but in Truth Or Dare, M does say something to the effect of just, put the leggings on and that's the show. Like you said, it could just be for the sake of Truth Or Dare.

Express Yourself is what I'm most interested in seeing in its entirety. Do you by any chance know where I could find the one for Where's The Party? And while we're on the topic, Does one exist for Keep It Together?

I actually just checked the audience video of the show earlier, and the version I have cuts off after Holiday, so there's no Keep It Together and if there is then I don't have it. I got the video of the show here. But like I said, I don't have the first few songs of the show because part 1 of the video isn't available. But the good thing to know is that part 1 exists, so someone out there should have it. I only downloaded part 3 out of curiosity so I don't know where part 2 starts, I'm guessing probably at Like a Virgin or Like a Prayer, but if you're lucky there might be a few seconds of the end of Where's The Party left at the beginning. I doubt it though but I'm not interested enough to download it.Even if part 1 of the video surfaces, the quality is horrible and you won't be able to see much, but at least we'll have confirmation if that's the leggings show or not, and if it is then we'll know what songs she wore them in. So my best guess is that, judging by the videos I've seen, she only wore them in Express Yourself, Where's The Party and probably Open Your Heart. So part 1 is what you're after in this case.Also, I've seen pictures of Causing A Commotion from the opening night of the Blond Ambition tour, and in them she's wearing her usual outfit just like in the first clip I posted, so there's some more evidence that she didn't wear the leggings in Causing A Commotion but then put them back on for Where's The Party, as shown in the video.As far as professional footage goes, the only thing I'm aware of is the black and white stuff from Truth Or Dare and the clip I posted in my other post.

oooh I forgot about Like A Virgin! Would love to see that also, I'll check 'em out. Thanks.

I dont see how she could be in regular costume for Causing A Commotion. There's no time to change in between numbers. Maybe she just put on the Spandex jacket but it's still the leggings. ??

The whole outfit is basically that top but with the black jacket over it that you see her wearing in the Express Yourself clip from Truth Or Dare. So that's what she wore for Express Yourself. Then she either kept the jacket on for Open Your Heart or she took it off. Then for Causing A Commotion she took off the big black jacket (if she was still wearing it at this point) and put on the normal Causing A Commotion jacket. Then for Where's The Party she put the black jacket that she wore in Express Yourself back on over the Causing A Commotion outfit. It would make sense because in the Where's The Party clip you can briefly see the Causing A Commotion jacket under the black jacket. This is the best screencap I was able to get, those bright colors are basically the Causing A Commotion outfit. I know the screencap sucks but you can kinda see it better in the video. And then for Like A Virgin she took the jacket off and for the rest of the show wore the normal outfits. So starting with Like A Virgin it was basically all the normal outfits. I guess that solves the outfits mystery, except if she wore the black jacket for Open Your Heart or not.I was able to find

of Open Your Heart from the same show, but the picture is so bad you can't tell if she's wearing the jacket or not. You can kind of tell that she's wearing the leggings though.The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that she's wearing the leggings in Express Yourself, and then it looks as if she's wearing them in Open Your Heart as well, but then she's not wearing them in Causing A Commotion, and then in Where's The Party she's wearing them again. Why change pants? I can't explain that one.Then again, you said there's no time to change in between numbers, which I'd normally agree with, but since these were extreme conditions with lots of rain and a ton of guys on stage trying to make the stage less slippery, I'd say it's possible she had time to go backstage for a second and put on different pants. That's the only explanation I can think of for the above situation and how she's not wearing the leggings in Causing A Commotion.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I used to have a VHS video bootleg of Blond Ambition opening night, the whole show (this was back in the late 90s)... and I remember that the costumes were 100% normal Blond Ambition clothes, and she did not change anything due to the rain. She didn't wear the black rain jacket or the leggings, just her usual costumes. I was obsessed with the BA tour in those days, and I would've noticed immediately if anything was different! :) After "Causing A Commotion," she stayed onstage and slid around in the puddles as if she was ice skating, and said something like, "I bet you guys didn't know you were going to an ice capades show." Guys kept coming onstage to wipe up the floor. She didn't do any costume change before "Where's The Party," so my guess is that the "Where's The Party" footage posted above, and the black-and-white "Express Yourself" scene from Truth or Dare, comes from a different night entirely (maybe the second night).

They used misleading editing like that a few times in the movie. For example, in the full-color scene of "Express Yourself," the camera pulls away and you hear Madonna's voice-over saying to the crowd, "Alright, America!"-- even though the footage was shot in Paris. I think they deliberately chose to show the night in Japan where she wore rain clothes to play up the drama of it. She says something like, "I couldn't wait to get back to America to do the show the way it was meant to be." This implies that all the Japanese shows had to be altered due to the rain, which isn't true. It wasn't raining during the Yokohama pro-shot show, and they wore the usual BA costumes. The only difference on that night was that they didn't use the curtain that usually comes down during "Like a Virgin," and "Sooner or Later"-- I'm not sure why that was, but you can actually see the next stage scenes being set up behind Madonna during those songs.

• 1 month later...

Nice and Yokohama shows were released specially for Pioneed lasedisc release (Japan version was avalable on VHS also) but they can't use these recordings for a DVD or Bluray release.  The only broadcast show that is available for a release is Barcelona.

Paris show if filmed, was not edited but only songs that you see in the movie already, so asking Alex to edit the show now...don't think so...

So if we are lucky there are two options...Barcelona show, or a suprise release one of the shows taken from the live feed (all shows were filmed and stored somewhere)... Michael Jackson BAD tour Wembley was released that way few years ago... but to be honest I don't belive anything of this will ever happened. 

To diminish all thoughts of material being 'lost'. This is a lie.

Madonna stores ALL her material at Iron Mountain and BMS. Which happily includes all Masters of her Tours. :)

I am sure that Madonna said that they were lost because it's easier to say that then "I can't be bothered". It's like whenever someone asks Guy about that and Re-Invention he always says "It's coming.."