Madonna is one of the 10 Most Famous Women Ever

groovyguy

http://popragtheblog.blogspot.ie/2014/07/the-10-most-famous-women-to-have-ever.html

Madonna is one of the 10 Most Famous Women Ever. No other female has revolutionised pop music like her"

MADONNA (1958-)

No other female pop star has been able to revolutionize the way we look at pop music like Madonna has thanks to the millions of photographs & countless music videos that ruled the airwaves in MTV’s heyday. Her ability to morph her music into moving and musical pieces art is legendary and her hold on the public’s unwavering fascination is staggering. Long before the Britneys, Gagas, and Mileys there was Madonna. And although many came before her, the amount of fame Madonna has amassed in 30 years has the Guinness Book of World Records recording her as the greatest female artist in history…TWICE.

Well, I hope when she's long and gone (hopefully not for a long time yet), people will respect her and praise her as much as they are doing to the likes of Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, and a number of other entertainers who bit the dust. Right now, I don't get that vibe. Maybe it's because she's still kicking and not backing down to being caged as a nostalgic act. It annoys me that those who lived troubled and drug induced lives seem to be far more remembered than those who live out their life to a ripe old age.

A reminder:

According to CNN, Madonna is "arguably the most influential female recording artist of all time. Critical theorist Douglas Kellner described her as "a highly influential pop culture icon" and "the most discussed female singer in popular music."Bill Wyman, editor of Chicago Reader, describes Madonna as a "genuinely freakish figure in popular music. Marcel Danesi commented that "perhaps no one has understood the ambiguity of pop culture with regard to womanhood more than Madonna. William Langley from The Daily Telegraph noted that Madonna "remains a permanent fixture on every list of world's most powerful/admired/influential women.She is featured in the book 100 Most Important Women of the 20th Century, published by Ladies' Home Journal. In 2010, Time magazine included Madonna in the elite list of the "25 Most Powerful Women of the Past Century", where she became one of the only two singers included, alongside Aretha Franklin. Additionally, Madonna has been as ranked 49th on the "75 Greatest Women of All Time" by Esquire Magazine.Madonna also topped VH1's countdowns of "100 Greatest Women in Music" and "50 Greatest Women of the Video Era". She was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on March 10, 2008—her first year of eligibility—for "influence and significance on rock and roll music". Madonna has sold more than 300 million records worldwide. Her worldwide commercial accomplishments have given her multiple Guinness World Records citations, including the title for the world's top-selling female recording artist of all time. According to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), she is the best-selling female rock artist of the 20th century.In 2008, Billboard magazine ranked Madonna at number two, behind only The Beatles, on the Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists, making her the most successful solo artist in the history of American singles chart. Billboard editor Keith Caulfield declared in 2012: "She's the Queen of Pop and 'royalty on the Billboard charts'. The magazine also dubbed her as the top-touring female artist of all time. In 2011, Rolling Stone declared her as the all-time Queen of Pop and stated that "Madonna is a musical icon without peer. Rolling Stone wrote that "She became the first viral Master of Pop on history, years before the Internet was massively used." Madonna was everywhere; in the almighty music television channels, 'radio formulas', magazine covers and even in bookshops. A pop dialectic, never seen since The Beatles's reign, which allowed her to keep on the edge of tendency and commerciality. Within this theme, Laura Barcella in her book Madonna and Me: Women Writers on the Queen of Pop (2012) wrote that "really, Madonna changed everything the musical landscape, the '80s look du jour, and most significantly, what a mainstream female pop star could (and couldn't) say, do, or accomplish in the public eye.

• 8 months later...

I was talking to a co worker who HATES Madonna but knows I love her and he started on Madonna being on Stern and what a talentless hack Madonna is.Of course I defended her and told him that her career and fame is being used as the blueprint for every girl in pop and he the told me that "Madonna isn't famous" and I'm like WTF? Then why are YOU talking about her being on the Stern show?

MADONNA (1958-)

No other female pop star has been able to revolutionize the way we look at pop music like Madonna has thanks to the millions of photographs & countless music videos that ruled the airwaves in MTV’s heyday. Her ability to morph her music into moving and musical pieces art is legendary and her hold on the public’s unwavering fascination is staggering. Long before the Britneys, Gagas, and Mileys there was Madonna. And although many came before her, the amount of fame Madonna has amassed in 30 years has the Guinness Book of World Records recording her as the greatest female artist in history…TWICE.

In few words : Bitch she's Madonna !