Was any of sticky and sweet actually lipped

Like-a-prayer

I'm pretty sure that on the recording, "live" vocals, made in a studio was used for some of the songs. A lot of tour recordings do this, if the singers voice doesn't sound as good as it could do, or if they just mess up parts of a song.

So your saying the recording is edited in some parts, but was the show actually live 100%.

The DVD was absolutely dubbed, the most legit vocals there would probably be Devil and the Evita songs.

But if you watch fancams you can see the concert was totally live, no way she would use such bad pre-recorded tracks.

I believe RIT was the last tour with lip-synced performances, along with Blond Ambition and The Girlie Show.

The DVD was absolutely dubbed, the most legit vocals there would probably be Devil and the Evita songs.

But if you watch fancams you can see the concert was totally live, no way she would use such bad pre-recorded tracks.

I believe RIT was the last tour with lip-synced performances, along with Blond Ambition and The Girlie Show.

The MDNA tour had prerecorded vocals for some songs. Girl Gone Wild, Revolver, Hung Up, Give Me All Your Luvin, Vogue and parts of Celebration.

Everything was live except for the first part of Into The Groove:

"Music can be such a revelation

Dancing around you feel the sweet sensation

We might be lovers if the rhythms right

I hope this feeling never ends tonight"

This part was pre-recorded, the rest was live.

Anyway, in Buenos Aires she lipsynced the whole song. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqWb2nHn69A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS4w9wRwipI

Same vocal track  :bothered2:

The MDNA tour had prerecorded vocals for some songs. Girl Gone Wild, Revolver, Hung Up, Give Me All Your Luvin, Vogue and parts of Celebration.

Oh, that's just how much I love and watch that tour...  :Madonna002:

[what I know]:BAT - Express Yourself, VogueTGS - Erotica, Fever, Vogue, Justify My LoveRIT - Vogue, NKM, Die Another Day

There's also the Where's the Party backing track on Blond Ambition.

And are you sure about Fever on The Girlie Show? You can hear differences on her vocals on different concerts

[what I know]:BAT - Express Yourself, VogueTGS - Erotica, Fever, Vogue, Justify My LoveRIT - Vogue, NKM, Die Another Day

Hmm. Fever sounded live? There has been a number of debates over the years as to whether die another day was lip synced or live - there was a video floating around on utube - where i think she forgets the lyrics or starts later?

During the Sticky & Sweet tour and according to my memories at the Santiago stop on December 10th 2008, Madonna was supported by pre-recorded vocals during Into the Groove, Heartbeat, 4 Minutes, and Give it 2 Me but that doesn't mean she used them during the whole song. Don't you ever try to think they used her real live vocals on the DVD cause they certainly didn't and if you think they were real then you've been epicly fooled :lol: . On the DVD, they even used some sort of autotune in songs like You Must Love and Argentina, it's easily noticeable if you compare it to the fan recordings.

And regarding other tours, of course Madonna did use pre-recorded vocals and other vocal effects such as lipsync, overlipsync and even miming the whole thing.

Blond Ambition: Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Where's the Party, Now I'm Following You, Vogue

Girlie Show: Erotica, Fever, Vogue, Justify My Love, never heard of Bye Bye Baby, any links?

Drowned World: Sky Fits Heaven

Re-invention: Vogue, Nobody Knows Me, Die Another Day, Into the Groove, Papa Don't Preach

Confessions: Future Lovers, Sorry, Music Inferno

Superbowl: Well, the whole thing :lol:

MDNA: Girl Gone Wild, Revolver, Gang Bang, Hung Up, Express Yourself, GMAYL, Vogue, Celebration

Blond Ambition: Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Where's the Party, Now I'm Following You, Vogue

Girlie Show: Erotica, Fever, Vogue, Justify My Love, never heard of Bye Bye Baby, any links?

Drowned World: Sky Fits Heaven

Re-invention: Vogue, Nobody Knows Me, Die Another Day, Into the Groove, Papa Don't Preach

Confessions: Future Lovers, Sorry, Music Inferno

Superbowl: Well, the whole thing :lol:

MDNA: Girl Gone Wild, Revolver, Gang Bang, Hung Up, Express Yourself, GMAYL, Vogue, Celebration

I'm pretty sure that Express Yourself was live on the MDNA Tour, she sounded different doing that on the soundcheck and on the actual show.

We can't put voice effects on the same category of lipsync or we'll have to consider pretty much all of the last three concert tours as such. If she's singing above a track (as in Future Lovers and Sorry) or using a pre-recorded phrase (as in Impressive Instant) that gives the performance some depth it doesn't fall under the lipped performance subject we're talking about.

Where in the world did Open Your Heart, Sky Fits Heaven and Music Inferno have lipped portions?  :Madonna032:

We can't put voice effects on the same category of lipsync or we'll have to consider pretty much all of the last three concert tours as such. If she's singing above a track (as in Future Lovers and Sorry) or using a pre-recorded phrase (as in Impressive Instant) that gives the performance some depth it doesn't fall under the lipped performance subject we're talking about.

Where in the world did Open Your Heart, Sky Fits Heaven and Music Inferno have lipped portions?  :Madonna032:

This.

[what I know]:BAT - Express Yourself, Vogue

I always thought that Express Yourself she sang along to a track in the Asia leg, then changed to pre-recorded when she was having vocal issues? 

Open Your Heart had background vocals during BAT but again, it doesn't mean she mimed the whole thing when it's obvious that we can hear her real vocals. Sky Fits Heaven IS LIP-SYNC there is actually a photographed document that belongs to the DWT rehearsals where she asks her mic to be off. Well, Music Inferno sounds pretty fake to me on the DVD but that is maybe because it received the same fake treatment as Lucky Star and Hung Up.