MadonnaInfinity -- Best Madonna Song COUNTDOWN

MeantToBeIconic

Ok here is my opinion...

AMAZING: I have to admit I like this one, I wonder why too, because maybe it's nothing special, but I really can relate to lyrics about hearts broken... don't wel all?? 

:Madonna023:

For some other songs I don't care much, for instance Push... a filler in COADF.

Madonna doesn't like to do covers, but every time she does she proves she can do it very personally: Fever is "so" Madonna (the edit two version used in Girlie Show is incredible!!), and who remembers the original male version of LDLHA? Marvin Gaye's I want you is special (I hope you saved it), and it wasn't easy to rework, but she made it even more intimate, and it was a nice anticipation of what she was going to do with Ray of light.

I like theatrical songs, so I like both Thief of hearts and White heat... but I understand they couldn't go further...

TRUE BLUE: after what she's done in Rebel Heart Tour, how can someone hate this song? We should rethink the votes even for this one...

QUEEN: I like the idea of Rebel Heart as a concept album about apocalypse. Everything goes wrong, everything dies and you should try to survive... Hold tight, Ghosttown, Wash all over me. Queen fits perfectly. It should have stayed! And not exactly knowing what is all about (at least I don't) makes it even more interesting.

BITCH I'M MADONNA: ok Madonna doesn't act her age and is not aiming to the Adult Contemporary Chart. And more often than before you get the impression that, not being very young, she lacks ideas and reuses things from the past (see the new tour discussion). But when I first heard this track I thought she was going in a totally new direction! Really a new sound, never heard before, thanks to Diplo. And the demo #1 is even more original and crazy!! I love those opera vocalises at the end! Thanks to Diplo, true. But it's Madonna who chose him. And this didn't happen with Hard Candy, as we all know: Justin has made a lot better when dueting with other artists. But BITCH is clever and funny. Maybe the video is disappointing: all these stars who are not present, and Nicky in a tv screen, and those horrible grillz... but the song should never have left this soon.. bye bye

:Madonna030:

Of course, this thread is like Candy Shop for Madonna imo.

Took me like, two days, but I got it.

We lose our first American Life track AND three tracks from Bedtime Stories!

See which go after the jump

Posted Image

#139 -- Something to Remember

Average: 7.2

Highest: 10x1 (@@InfinityWithin)

Lowest: 4x1 (@@devilpray)

I remember hearing this on the Something to Remember album and thinking it was original, but then I heard it on I'm Breathless and said to myself "Wow, this is miles ahead of everything else on here except for Vogue." It's really pretty and well-executed.

Posted Image

#138 -- Veni Vidi Vici (feat. Nas)

Average: 7.25

Highest: 10x4 (@@rol1974, @@Dazedmadonna, @@voguemadonna, and @@musicinferno)

Lowest: 2x1 (@GHouse)

I didn't like the idea of Nas on paper (remember, the only demos I'd heard prior to release were Messiah,Rebel Heart, BIM, Addicted, S.E.X., and Unapologetic Bitch) so I was skeptical to listen to this. I loved the hip-hop production and the self-references (who doesn't love those?) and I ended up LOVING Nas's verse! But just his verse. I don't care for how he also shows up everywhere else in the song. But I feel this is the conjunction of the Rebel and the Heart.

Posted Image

#137 -- Isaac

Highest: 10x5 (@@Dazedmadonna, @@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @@devilpray and @@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 1x1 (@unapologeticheart)

This was the last COADF track I listened to, and it was well-worth the wait. I love just the whole ambiguous concept behind the song, I love the Middle Eastern vibe from it, and the featured male vocalist actually adds something really cool. Can we get an instrumental leak please? Or another tour performance?

Posted Image

#136 -- Forbidden Love (Bedtime Stories)

Highest: 10x3 (@@devilpray, @@NowRadiate, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 4x1 (@alibaba)

R&B treats everybody nice, especially M. This was the perfect soft n' sexy for Bedtime Stories, and it's way hot. I don't know about it ending up on Something To Remember, but it was still a nice way to break the "vulgar sexy" of Erotica without breaking the Bedtime Stories formula.

Posted Image

#135 -- Back In Business

Highest: 10x2 (@@groovyguy and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 5x2 (@sidney78 and @Fighter)

This sounds like it could a be a B-Rating spy movie theme. This is one of the better ones from I'm Breathless. The chorus is explosive jazzy dance, but the slower verses do the song just right.

@@Dazedmadonna

First AL track to go...

Posted Image

#134 -- I'm So Stupid

Average: 7.3

Highest: 10x3 (@@devilpray, @slave, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 3x1 (@sidney78)

iiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. Literally flaw-free intro. From there though, the song kind of plateaus and doesn't really get any better. Peaks early, but with great lyrics and a folk-tronic blend that's near perfect.

Posted Image

#133 -- American Pie

Highest:10x3 (@@groovyguy, @@rol1974, and @@musicinferno)

Lowest: 3x1 (@slave)

A good cover of a fantastic song. But it can't stack up to the original, unfortunately. Also, it came from a cringe-worthy movie, so we all have to deal with that... but the song is nice, yeah.

Posted Image

#132 -- Mer Girl

Highest: 10x7 (@MeantToBeIconic, @@InfinityWithin, @@NowRadiate, @@groovyguy, @@devilpray, @unapologeticheart, @@rol1974)

Lowest: 1x1 (@@voguemadonna)

@@voguemadonna, if I didn't like you so much, I'd have you banned. Talk about a flawless closer. The lyrics a tad macabre, but it's elegantly executed and the production is beautiful. So simple, yet the song says so much... in a beautiful 5-minute gift to the world.

Posted Image

#131 -- Love Tried To Welcome Me

Highest: 10x2 (@@rol1974 and @@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 4x2 (@alibaba and @@musicinferno)

This isn't quite like the other lovey-dovey songs on Bedtime Stories, but I think that's why this works. Her vocals are hurt whispers, and you can't help but feel like love has given up on you too, whether or not it's actually applicable.

Posted Image

#130 -- Inside of Me

Highest: 10x3 (@@NowRadiate, @stefo, and @slave)

Lowest: 5x3 (@@InfinityWithin, @sidney78, and @Fighter)

The beats are slick, yo. And that string sounding bit. AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWwwwwwwwww yyyyyyyyyyyeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. And I love the lovelorn, come back to me lyrics. Such a sweet sound for bitter lyrics.

There's that round! Discuss! Any upsets (@@Dazedmadonna)?

Whoever voted this must have looked at my mobile M playlist (it's something like 85 very selected songs I still hardly get bored by) and pick up more than the half of the last expultions from there. The only I agree about are Veni Vedi Vici, Isaac and (SORRY @@MeantToBeIconic and all the AL tireless supporters) I'm So Stupid, all the others should run right through this ruthless classification up to the top 80.

Now everything is fine, but I have to admit I was not so much about democracy when I read of

Inside of Me and Love Tried To Welcome Me. 

HOW CAN WE?     :Madonna041:  you tell me, HOW?!

Ok, I understand many fans have a problem with I'm Breathless. Even if it's not a proper soundtrack, it's not even counted in the number of Madonna's albums, why? Only because it is different? But it still contains VOGUE! And Like a virgin is very different from Erotica or American Life, Madonna never repeats herself (ehm.. not always, at least).

Being a musical theatre fan, I love I'm Breathless, especially the Stephen Sondheim tracks and He's a man. Back in business works very well, very good production. I find Something to remember a little more boring, maybe the most sleepy track of the album.

VENI VIDI VICI. I am a Latin teacher, of course I adore this track. What a loss in the countdown. We all love the self references and if you listen to the demo you understand that the Holiday insert is great. I always imagined this piece as a section-opener in the tour, with a nice backdrop video and then M coming out to sing the chorus. Well, maybe next time...

:Madonna002:

American Life. Oh how I love this album. Sooner or later some tracks had to go, and I'd rather have chosen Hollywood, with its looping structure, always sonding the same... Sorry! I'm so stupid has a similar problem. I like the meaning, but the song is too repetitive. Maybe @Dazedmadonna you're right when you say that Mother and Father will be the next one, although it is well written, some interesting words choice such as "phoniness": probably the less interesting song about the mother's death is Inside of me (although it's very sweet and intimate) and so it's acceptable that it's gone. Mer Girl should have stayed, because it's original and unexpected. It defines the ROL album.

I am a little bit sorry for the Bedtime story tracks, I love M when she shows her weak side,

:Madonna007:

as in Love tried to welcome me, and Forbidden love is very sexy, it's Erotica evolving in Bedtime Stories. I spent so much time trying to understand Babyface's spoken lyrics!