MadonnaInfinity -- Best Madonna Song COUNTDOWN

MeantToBeIconic

Here is your Top 100, sorted alphabetically (the numbers in front of the song represent tracklist order, btw

1. Drowned World - Substitute For Love1. Erotica1. Hung Up1. I Want You (with Massive Attack)1. Justify My Love1. Like a Prayer1. Living For Love1. Lucky Star1. Music1. Papa Don't Preach1. Who's That Girl10. Bedtime Story10. Die Another Day10. Gone10. HeartBreakCity10. Love Spent10. Rain10. Spanish Eyes10. The Power of Good-Bye10d. Time Stood Still11. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You11. Don't Cry For Me Argentina11. Easy Ride11. Masterpiece11. Take A Bow12. Falling Free12. Like It or Not12. Vogue13. Beautiful Killer13. Inside Out14. Has To Be14. I Want You (Orchestral)14. Wash All Over Me17. You Must Love Me19. Lament19. Messiah2. Borderline2. Causing A Commotion2. Crazy For You2. Devil Pray2. Express Yourself2. Gang Bang2. Get Together2. Impressive Instant2. Open Your Heart2. Secret2. Sooner or Later2. Swim20. Rebel Heart24. Additcted3. Burning Up3. Ghosttown3. Give It 2 Me3. I'm Addicted3. Like A Virgin3. Ray of Light3. Rescue Me3. Sorry31. Across the Sky4. Beautiful Stranger4. Celebration4. Deeper and Deeper4. Future Lovers4. Love Profusion4. You'll See4.. Live To Tell42. Never Let You Go5. Holiday5. Miles Away5. Nobody Knows Me5. Promise To Try5. Skin6. Another Suitcase in Another Hall6. Bad Girl6. Cherish6. Human Nature6. Into The Groove6. Let It Will Be6. Nothing Fails6. Nothing Really Matters6. This Used TO Be My Playground7. Don't Tell Me7. Dress You Up7. Forbidden Love (COADF)7. La Isla Bonita7. Sky Fits Heaven8. Everybody8. Joan of Arc8. Jump8. Oh Father8. What It Feels Like For a Girl8. X-Static Process9. Frozen9. How High9. Iconic (ft. Mike Tyson and Chance the Rapper)9. Keep It Together9. Mother and Father9. Paradise (Not For Me)9. Sanctuary

This post is very masochistic... so hard to let go so many beautiful songs!Material girl is a legacy. And it still sounds very original.I haven't been part of Madonna forums previously, and I don't know many fans, but I am very surprised how many hate Girl gone wild, WHY? It is so catchy, one of the best choruses, should have been the first MDNA single, it was strong in Italian radios.AMERICAN LIFE. Oh no. Such great lyrics, incredible sounds and production.I feel so sorry that M seems not to like it either, she didn't even include it in Celebration.And that masterpiece of video. I understand she had reasons to withdraw it but it deserved a place in the Celebration video collection. I think there is a Madonna before American Life and a Madonna after. The trauma to withdraw the video almost took away her interest in making interesting videos. Such a shame. We had beautiful things like Papa don't preach or Bad girl and then... Give it to me, a bad copy of Hung up. No video for Nothing fails, no effort for Miles away (which is still nice to see, though) and no effort for Get together. I have the strong sensation American Life is a chapter M wants to forget, and I hope she makes peace with it and realizes how many of us are in love with it, except those bad boys who gave it bad marks... you nasty boys!!!

Here is your Top 100, sorted alphabetically (the numbers in front of the song represent tracklist order, btw

1. Drowned World - Substitute For Love

When I saw the spoiler with Drowned World on Top I was very happy. It's my favourite of all times!!

Anyway I was shocked by the demo on list!! Actually it's very weak imo. The weakest from Rebel Heart. It's so Kylie Minogue. I love her too but I think there are many more interesting demos of that.

I am very sad about American Life , Hollywood and I'll Remember.

Anyway the show must go on....

I waiting the winner!! :hearteyes:  And I want the excel file to recount votes  :smile:  :kissy:

Woah! I totally get that it seems crazy that the eliminations are coming so fast and hard, but when I was giving scores, it was based upon their general position in the Madonna opus, and it sort of requires a lot of eliminating. I mean, it seems kind of normal that GGW, while totally enjoyable, would stay out of the top 100. Just an opinion. Also, there are way too many 10/10's to be taken seriously!!!! Were you all high when you voted?

Woah! I totally get that it seems crazy that the eliminations are coming so fast and hard, but when I was giving scores, it was based upon their general position in the Madonna opus, and it sort of requires a lot of eliminating. I mean, it seems kind of normal that GGW, while totally enjoyable, would stay out of the top 100. Just an opinion. Also, there are way too many 10/10's to be taken seriously!!!! Were you all high when you voted?

Says the one who gave 10's to, like, 4 songs and 3 or less to everything else

It is possible to rate things equally highly for different reasons

What do you say we kick off the first round of the Top 100?

Oh...

seeing what goes first, I don't want to anymore

fine

whatevs

Posted Image

#99 -- Joan of Arc

Average:7.75

Highest: 10x5 (@@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @@InfinityWithin, @@NowRadiate, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 4x2 (@@Fighter and @@slave  :Madonna039:  :Madonna039:  :Madonna039: )

Ok, what? This one breaks Top 100 just barely? I think more #75 or so. Every ballad she did on Rebel Heart is literally perfect, and that includes this! I personally love the single guitar with a drum or two, and the lyrics are actually pretty inventive for a song title that could have easily gone the wrong way.

Posted Image

#98 -- Love Profusion

Average: 7.75

Highest: 10x3 (@@Dazedmadonna, @@rol1974, @GHouse)

Low: 4x1 (@@sidney78a)
It would appear American Life has power, but no stamina to back it. This isn't the best on American Life, true. But it's probably the most accessible off of the album. The melody with the electronics and her whispering are haunting, but it lacks the depth of the rest of American Life.

Posted Image

#97 -- Gone

Highest: 10x4 (@@Dazedmadonna, @devilpray, @@rol1974, @GHouse)

Low: 5x1 (@musicinferno)

I love this one. It's a nice move on song. Very melodic vocals. However, I feel like it's missing a little something. I don't know what, but something that needs to be there isn't. I love the chorus, though. The choruses on Music were always super strong.

Posted Image
#96 -- Has To Be

Highest: 10x6 (@@NowRadiate, @@InfinityWithin, @@rol1974, @@Re-InventionUK, @unaplogeticheart, @@slave)

Low: 4x1 (@@Dazedmadonna)

Beautiful. Heart-breaking. Serene. All these things at once. Why did this get demoted to B-Side duty? This could've fit on ROL with literally no problem. The production is otherworldly, and the lyrics are tinged with sadness that's moving, but the production is so light and airy that it creates this nice juxtaposition, to quote Lana.

Posted Image

#95 -- Never Let You Go

Average: 7.8

Highest: 10x2 (@@Re-InventionUK and @@slave)

Lowest: 5x1 (@@Fighter)

Not Top 100, imho :Madonna003: But it's a fine track, nonetheless. The 90's trance throwback is pretty slick, but the lyrics are nothing to write home about. I'm definitely ok with this not making the final tracklist, but I'm also ok with this having leaked, you feel?

Posted Image

#95 -- Like It Or Not

Highest: 10x4 (@devilpray, @@Dazedmadonna, @@slave, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 4x1 (@voguemadonna)

Can we talk about the pre-chorus instrumental?  :Madonna016: I love the lyrics, and the prechorus in general. "I'll be the garden, you'll be the snake..." A great way to close out COADF. Sad to see it go.

Posted Image
#93 -- How High

Highest: 10x5 (@devilpray, @@rol1974, @unapologeticheart, @@groovyguy, and @voguemadonna)

Lowest: 5x1 (@@InfinityWithin)

I love reflective Madonna, and this was the first we got (I think) in terms of her career that ended up on an album. The beginning is really great, with those robot voices before the instrumental kicks in. I love the lyrics too. Not my fave off of COADF, but this feels like an appropriate spot.

Posted Image

#92 -- X-Static Process

Highest: 10x5 (@GHouse, @devilpray, @@slave, @voguemadonna, and @@Dazedmadonna)

Lowest: 4x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Acoustic done right. Her vocals are so intimate here, and I'm glad others share the love of this song. I always felt this was such an underrated album cut, and I'm glad to see it in the Top 100, but not so glad to see it only at 92. The song's beauty is eternal, though, thank nondenominational deity.

Posted Image

#91 -- Sooner or Later

Highest: 10x3 (@@Re-InventionUK, @@rol1974, and @@groovyguy)

Lowest: 5x1 (@carlito76)

Ok, this is good. She hits some great notes in this one, and the jazz instrumental is a lot better than the rest of I'm Breathless, tbh. Her Academy Awards performance was awesome, but her vocal tone is all over the place in this song, but it fits the character somehow.

Posted Image

#90 -- Rebel Heart

Average: 7.85

Highest: 10x3 (@@groovyguy, @GHouse, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 3x1 (@musicinferno  :Madonna026: )

Someone needs to get a grip on @musicinferno. I think we were all a little sore when we heard this on the album and didn't hear the Avicii bridge. While the demo was next-level, I feel this more stripped down version fits the album a whole lot better. The drums are nice, and the guitar feels more pure than in the demo. I loved the lyrics from Day 1, and the sentimentality of this song will never fail to put a smile on my face.

There's that round 

Discuss :Madonna025: 

This round was a MESS.

Basically happy only about "Has to be" that shouldn't have entered top 100 tho lulz.

Posted Image

I don't even want to express my PAIN about the AL tracks, how dare you ???!?!?!?!?!!?

X-STATIC PROCESS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON TOP 10, SAME GOES FOR LOVE PROFUSION (although I prefer X-Static Process but still)!!!

Posted Image

I need a moment.

Ok, so this is the "ballad run"...

JOAN OF ARC: imo it could have reach a better position if they had published the ballad version of the demo instead of that “dancey†version which ruins all the atmosphere... it definitely goes the wrong way!! Yes, I know, the album is full of slow tunes, but who cares? This song is supposed to be a confession, an admission, it doesn't have to sound happy or superficial. I think RH could have been perfect if M followed her first idea, releasing a double album, one with the REBEL side songs, the other with the HEART songs. Instead we got a confused playlist. Too late...

:Madonna008:

REBEL HEART: I'm shocked to find out that some fans don't like this song. I also wonder how this is not included in the “essential†version of the album, how come? It defines everything, it's an autobiography, and a biography of almost every fan.

GONE: So great. Another song you can easily relate. How many of us have experience a self-distructive compromise experience?

NEVER LET YOU GO: it doesn't fit the album, but it's actually one of the best leftovers. It's pretty nice to mix the sad feeling of loneliness and the disco atmosphere (“dancing with myselfâ€).

As for the COADF tracks, How high is good but a little too similar to Kylie's “Can't get you out of my headâ€. So many fans were disappointed when M didn't do it in the tour. Like it or not is very nice but I probably would have given a medium mark because I hate how she mispronounces the French word “femmeâ€. Too much job to re-record a line? M is ready to sweat in a gym, but not when she has to sing, not even in the studio! Always one or two takes! Does she want to save her voice for when she's older?

:Madonna026: 

As for the American Life tracks, I can accept Love profusion going, I always found it was a too banal choice for a single, although I like it a lot. And the chorus is not interesting enough, I don't get the relation between the “I got you under my skin†line and what it's said the verses. Can someone explain it to me?

Xtatic Process... :((

Sooner or later: Academy Award. It says it all.

Agree completely with @@Enrico about Joan Of Arc and Rebel Heart. However I think I rated Rebel Heart by the album version and not the demo. The album version is just overlayered and generic and stripped down of some of the most emotional elements like the chorus strings. i'm not sure how she thought this would fit better on the album since its not an acoustic album, its an overproduced album. The Avicii version needed minor tweaking.