Happy 14th Birthday, Rocco!

groovyguy

On August 11, 2000, Madonna gave birth three weeks earlier than expected to her son Rocco John Ritchie in Los Angeles. Rocco and Madonna suffered complications from the birth due to her experiencing placenta praevia. He was christened at Dornoch Cathedral in Dornoch, Scotland, on December 21, 2000. 

Madonna & crowd sang Happy Birthday to Rocco on Aug.11th in Copenhagen.

Have you noticed that Madonna celebrates him a lot on her Instagram account? It's like she's promoting him or something :crown: And also, have you noticed he's got the same 'Umm' sound she does when she's asked a question? It's incredible :laughing: Just watch Ellen's show and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I think a few factors play in here....

First, he's a teen with his own Instagram account. I think if he was like his sister who is more private, Madonna wouldn't speak of him or share posts on him as much. She does mention David and Mercy on occasions as well. But I think being they are younger and aren't probably allowed yet to use the internet like Rocco can, she keeps them more private.  Rocco seems to enjoy the spotlight, so I think the two relate on that level as well. Madonna also seems to be very involved with her children. It reminds me when she was younger, before she was famous, she would hang out with the local kids at her NYC apartment.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Frank said:

That's a very strong statement to say about someone u don't even know IN PERSON, IN REAL LIFE, IN PRIVATE. But to each their own, i guess, u can always disguise this strong words as "opinions"...

Kind of like yours. But that’s all anyone does with public personalities. As for the Senior Ritchie I have had “encounters” .

7 hours ago, Frank said:

That's a very strong statement to say about someone u don't even know IN PERSON, IN REAL LIFE, IN PRIVATE. But to each their own, i guess, u can always disguise those strong words as "opinions"...

ITA. just like people don't know Madonna in real life either. And to say that her kid is trash is just awful even if it's their own opinion.

BTW: Rocco is 18 years old now. lol

10 hours ago, rebelheart29 said:

ITA. just like people don't know Madonna in real life either. And to say that her kid is trash is just awful even if it's their own opinion.

BTW: Rocco is 18 years old now. lol

I know :( I feel like saying that ANY kid is trash is awful! Rocco has always been really close to M and treated her really well, which is why she had such a hard time with him wanting to be in England. And it had nothing to do with Madonna being strict like the media said. His girlfriend was there and he wanted to be with her. As Lola put it "He's fine, he just wants to f*ck his chick." :OML: lol