Donna and Nikki "Rain"

merbass

Anyway I want that! 

I thought to them a lot again last night, especially to Nikky of course, during the Deeper and Deeper and Who's That Girl performances...

Backing vocals like that are almost useless, I could hardly hear them, especially during the Who's That Girl lalala thing.

Maybe it was also beacuse of the Periscope quality, but I think she's going that way since the Confessions Tour.

I still hope a huge LIVE VOCALS EFFECT COMEBACK sooner or later  :cute:

Ugh I miss those two backing up M on tour!

As annoying as Nikki seems to be, her voice complimented Madonna so well....

We would never find out whether it was their decision to leave Madonna concert or Madonna no longer wants them around?

Well Nikki clearly had a huge falling out with Madonna. Probably over Kabbalah, since she always stated she's a practicing Catholic.

And I guess they both aged and can't keep up anymore with a Madonna tour

^ Yes Donna's last tour with M was Confessions, although she also joined Madonna for Live Earth the following year, so that was her last performance with M. The reason she was replaced was because she was pregnant with her second child when the casting call went out for the Sticky & Sweet tour. She's kept busy with her relatively low-profile solo career.

Not sure what Niki has been doing aside from the Rain cover and performing with Donna a few times.

I miss them too. I actually miss Donna's voice on the tours most of all...she blended so well with Madonna and really gave her vocals an added boost. It was always fun seeing her in the shows since she had been with Madonna for so long. I like Nicki Richards as well, although Kylie Dean seems practically invisible (and inaudible most of the time).

I also liked both their energies on M's shows. They added so much. Both are great live performers and compliment M so much. I guess it is a tribute to both that they have never really been replaced in a sense as Madonna has never had any back up singers take on such a role since the three of them last performed together in 2001.

i have just watched this interview for the first time.

nikki does not seem very likable here. if this was her personality for most of the time, i am not surprised she is out of the picture.

https://youtu.be/iNdvYoWIWcI

and donna doesn't come off nice here either (although i do think it was not a good idea to include siedah garrett in the re-invention tour, as much as i love her as a singer.)

https://youtu.be/Tm1viEEKU64

i have just watched this interview for the first time.

nikki does not seem very likable here. if this was her personality for most of the time, i am not surprised she is out of the picture.

https://youtu.be/iNdvYoWIWcI

and donna doesn't come off nice here either (although i do think it was not a good idea to include siedah garrett in the re-invention tour, as much as i love her as a singer.)

https://youtu.be/Tm1viEEKU64

Try this clip for a taste of Niki's nasty side:

https://youtu.be/sp0dZz4Vn4w

I've seen that Siedah Garrett clip before and I always thought she comes across as incredibly self-serving here. It would make absolutely no sense for Donna to sing the Like A Prayer part anyways, it doesn't suit her voice and I'm sure she's well aware of that (it's also quite telling when Siedah corrects herself saying that it wasn't Donna personally who made that particular comment). That clip is a rather unsubtle way for Garrett to say "see how amazing I must be if I get to get a solo even though I've only been with M for a few months?". 

• 7 months later...

Has ANYONE heard this?? I'm kind of feeling it. Especially the bridge. Not the same without Madonna. Like she was friggin busy. That single would sell if it was re-released with Madonna in there. But aside from my fanboy needs... It really is great to hear those two together again. And on such a great song from my past.

• 2 weeks later...

Their cover of Rain reminds me of the Jody Watley cover of Borderline. Its nice to have it in the mix.

I think Donna & Nikki would be a nice addition to the Tears of a Clown show if there are more in the future.

Its nice that the girls are celebrating a Madonna song from a distance or in their own way being nostalgic. This during the same time as the Blond Ambition dancers docufilm "Strike-A-Pose."