Louisville, Kentucky, USA [Sat Jan 16, 2016]

groovyguy

KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, KY

Sat, Jan 16, 2016 08:00 PM

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16004F069FC929E5?brand=madonna&camefrom=CFC_MDN_GRID_2016116

Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon, 09/21/15 10:00 AM EDT

Icon Live Pass Member Presale

Start: Wed, 09/16/15 11:00 AM EDT
End: Thu, 09/17/15 05:00 PM EDT

Citi® Cardmember Presale

Start: Thu, 09/17/15 10:00 AM EDT
End: Fri, 09/18/15 05:00 PM EDT

Live Nation Presale

Start: Fri, 09/18/15 10:00 AM EDT
End: Fri, 09/18/15 05:00 PM EDT

VIP Package On-Sale

Start: Mon, 09/21/15 10:00 AM EDT
End: Wed, 01/06/16 10:00 PM EST

Posted Image

Price Range

Lower Arena Seating

US $40.00 - US $355.00

US $40.00 (US $54.75 with fees)US $355.00 (US $387.05 with fees)

Floor Level Seating

US $355.00

US $355.00 (US $387.05 with fees)

Upper Arena Seating

US $40.00 - US $90.00

US $40.00 (US $54.75 with fees)US $90.00 (US $108.55 with fees)

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Madonna: Local musicians take a bow to the Queen of Pop

http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_culture/madonna-beyond-the-music/

“Oh, Madonna! What is not to love and be inspired by?†declares Sarah Teeple, the stylish vocalist for the new Louisville rock band The Bang Bangs. “Madonna was and is so inspiring on so many levels — music, dance, fashion and attitude.â€

Madonna, now 57, has been a dominant force in pop culture in the United States and around the world for more than three decades, surviving scandals, changing trends, younger stars, British accents and Sean Penn, among many challenges. Touring to promote her 13th full-length album Rebel Heart, Madonna performs Saturday, Jan. 16, at the KFC Yum! Center.

It’s the first Madonna show for Daniel Cole, who produces the “Hard Candy†series of drag queen shows in Louisville, usually at Play Dance Bar. The story of how Cole came to Madonna fandom is not uncommon in this region.

“Growing up in a conservative Christian family, I didn’t grow up on Madonna’s music like many in my generation did,†he says. “As a closeted gay teenager, I was intrigued by her (1992) Erotica era. She was openly sexual without compromise or any excuses.

“I remember recording ‘Erotica,’ ‘Bad Girl’ and ‘Deeper and Deeper’ from the radio on a cassette so I could sneak around and listen to them when my parents weren’t around,†Cole continues. “I’ve been a fan ever since.â€

“Madonna was absolutely banned when I was a kid,†says Terri Whitehouse, bassist with the bands Opposable Thumbs and Complaint Dept. “I grew up going to Catholic schools and came from a large Catholic family, and my mom hated Madonna. She was strict about music in general, but Madonna is the only artist I remember her singling out as an object of her ire.â€

“I was banned from listening to her while growing up in a super-evangelical Christian household, along with almost all other secular music,†says Twin Limbmulti-instrumentalist MaryLiz Bender. “Just recalling images of Madonna in the media followed by the long, drawn-out, sexist conversations that ensued gets my blood boiling a bit.â€

Though some, such as Whitehouse, dismissed Madonna for a long time as a pandering, vacant pop star — and some local cultural figures contacted declined to comment, citing a dislike for her — her influence has clearly provided hope, excitement and inspiration for many others.

“I remember always being inspired by her style, freedom of expression and the way she celebrated who she was,†Bender says. “These were not traits common to women I was associated with in the church, and it was incredibly inspiring to see.â€

“I think she is awesome — a strong force for women in music, and for women’s sexuality, and that’s probably why so many saw her as a threat,†says Whitehouse. “She wrote all those songs. She’s a punker, a dancer, a musician and a visionary. And her stuff was somehow really feminist and subversive but also totally accessible.â€

“Madonna was a little before my time, I think; I was born in ’84,†says Billy Goat Strut Revue trombonist Allison Cross. “But as a pre-teen, I was absolutely captivated by (1994’s) ‘Take a Bow’ … Kind of an original version of what Adele is doing right now, in that song, in my opinion.â€Madonna has meant something similar, though in different eras, to younger fans who missed her initial explosion in the early 1980s.

“The Madonna I knew best was the period when she released her (2000) albumMusic and took on the persona of a cowboy,†says Jenni Cochran, vocalist/keyboardist for band Frederick the Younger. Cochran was just beginning then to discover music for herself. “The thing that impresses me most about Madonna is her ability to reinvent herself for each generation. And even more than that — in every new phase, Madonna manages to maintain an air of strength and confidence.â€

Which came first, the music or the revolution? Cole applauds her commitment to creating new, constantly evolving songs. IAmIs keyboardist Shawna Dellecave adds, “Madonna most certainly shaped my artistic development, showing me the strength and power that women possess and the ‘balls’ needed to get out there and live your heart’s desire.â€

Bender says, “Musically, I’m just now getting to know Madonna’s material, and I’m excited for the amount of dance in my future.â€

5 shows you'll want to see this week

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/01/12/louisville-top-shows/78404888/

They may or may not be listening to "Like a Virgin," but Jeffrey Lee and Tom live to tell their favorite songs by Madonna Louise Ciccone. Scott Utterback, The C-J

Posted Image

(Photo: Provided)

1. It seems like there's no reason to say anything more than Madonna's "The Rebel Heart Tour" is finally coming to Louisville. Does she really need an introduction at this point? No.

WHEN: 8 p.m. Saturday

WHERE: KFC Yum! Center

COST:$361, $175, $94, $43

Original ‘Material Girl’ coming to Louisville

http://www.kentucky.com/entertainment/music-news-reviews/article54651445.html

Madonna performed Jan. 6 in Mexico City during her “Rebel Heart†tour. Christian Palma Associated Press

BY WALTER TUNIS

Contributing Music Critic

Madonna

8 p.m. Jan. 16 at KFC Yum Center, 1 Arena Plaza in Louisville. $40-$355. 1-800-745-3000. Ticketmaster.com.

“You’re gonna love this,†Madonna promises at the onset of a recent single that reaffirms her role as dance-pop matriarch. Such a greeting prompts grooves peppered by waves of electronica that stutter and strut. The video promoting it is all party mischievousness: lots of long, single shots down luxury hotel corridors with what seem like hundreds of pals at her side, along with fleeting references to the Material Girl’s past. Finally, there’s the title, a statement far more assertive than the music itself. It serves as a caution to any would-be successors, critics or really anyone who has dismissed the singer as an aged relic: Bitch I’m Madonna.

Subtlety has never been Madonna’s preferred manner of operation. As her Rebel Heart Tour moves into Louisville on Saturday, she finds herself in a place seemingly unexpected. Most dance-pop sensations, especially ones so consumed and fortified by image, play out their careers fairly quickly, or at least they did when Madonna’s self-titled debut album surfaced in 1983. Back then, she was the immediate princess of the video-pop revolution, a movement she immediately mastered to make every costume change, every makeup or hairstyle alteration and every dance move as career-defining as her music.

Fans proved loyal enough for Madonna to reshape her image and promote it in ways — some controversial — to keep her in the headlines and on the charts. To that end, she is probably the most influential female pop figure of the last half century — perhaps ever. And yes, subsequent acts — Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift — largely owe their careers to her, as much through business acumen as through music.

But what of today? Working as a pop elder might be the only aspect of Madonna’s career she didn’t anticipate. She has railed, rightly so, against the way the pop mainstream shuns women of any advanced age, but even her considerable commercial clout has been unable to change that. Madonna will always be an unwaveringly popular concert draw, but she will never return to the kinds of record sales and charts successes of decades past, just as no contemporary of hers has been able to. That corner of the pop market will forever be ruled by youth, pure and simple. That audience always favors music from voices of its own generation.

Madonna is now 57. To put that statistic in perspective, so is Prince. So Michael Jackson would have been. For anyone who has seen a performance clip of her on television, she is almost freakishly fit so as to maintain the calisthenics that continue to fuel her concerts. But far more toned is her business savvy. Madonna might not rule the charts as she did in her past, but she remains the Material Girl of the ages, a woman wielding the power of image like a saber.

Any doubters? We refer you to the song title mentioned at the beginning of this commentary. Pretty much sums everything up.

Heads up if you are going to @Madonna tonight KFC Yum! Center provides tips for fans regarding new security measures

http://www.wlky.com/news/kfc-yum-center-provides-tips-for-fans-regarding-new-security-measures/37459348?src=app

LOUISVILLE, Ky. —Tougher new security measures are in place at the KFC Yum! Center.

Everyone going into the arena will be required to pass through metal detectors, and bags larger than 14 by 6 will not be allowed inside.

To ensure fans are able to gain admission to the arena, the KFC Yum! Center shared the following tips:

• [*]ARRIVE EARLY: To prevent a last minute rush that may delay entry significantly, fans are encouraged to arrive as close to the time that doors open as possible. Doors will open one hour prior to women’s basketball games and 90 minutes prior to men’s basketball games and many other events. [*]DO NOT REMOVE OUTERWEAR/ACCESSORIES: When approaching the entrance, fans should be prepared to place phones and cameras in the tray and unzip all jackets. They can continue to wear hats, belts, shoes and jewelry as they walk through the metal detectors. Spare change, wallets and keys do not need to be removed from pockets. [*]HOLD ONTO YOUR TICKET: Each person should carry his or her own ticket while passing through the metal detectors, rather than having one person carry tickets for the group. [*]REMOVE PROHIBITED ITEMS FROM POCKETS AND PURSES: Prior to arriving for the event, the KFC Yum! Center recommends that guests leave all prohibited items in their car or home. A list of prohibited items can be found here. Please note that purses can be no larger than 14†x 14†x 6.†[*]USE ALL AVAILABLE DOORS: Fans should avoid congregating at any particular door unless otherwise instructed.

https://twitter.com/louisvillecom/status/687750664982802432

louisville.com â€@louisvillecom

What do monster trucks and @Madonna have in common? They're both in Louisville this weekend:

WHERE TO GO AND WHAT TO DO IN LOUISVILLE THIS WEEKEND (JAN. 14-17)

https://www.louisville.com/content/where-go-and-what-do-louisville-weekend-january-14-17

YUM! Center | Madonna | The Rebel Heart Tour
See the pop legend at the KFC Yum! Center this weekend.
When: January 16, 7 – 10 p.m.
Where: KFC YUM! Center, 1 Arena Plaza, Louisville, KY 40202
Cost: Ticket prices vary

Madonna to perform in Louisville for the first time

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30031359/madonna-to-perform-in-louisville-for-the-first-time

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The "Material Girl" is coming to Louisville for the first time. 

Madonna hits the stage at the KFC Yum! Center on Saturday, January 16, 2016 with her "Rebel Heart" tour.

The pop icon has been in the spotlight for more than three decades with mega-hits including "Like A Virgin," "Justify My Love" and "Vogue."  Madonna has also  sold a record breaking 300 million records and has a reputation for putting on a provocative and visual show. 

Tickets start at $40 and go up from there.  Tickets for the Louisville show will go on sale to the public on Monday, September 21, 2015 at 10 a.m.  The presale for fan club and Citi-card holders begins Wednesday, September 16, 2015.  Tickets can be purchased at www.Ticketmaster.com, the KFC Yum! Center box office and all Ticketmaster outlets. Charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000.