Blonde Ambition Coming to Blu-Ray in 2019?

Future Lover

• 3 weeks later...

If someday they are going to release this tour on DVD/BR, surely will be Paris or Nice.

I thought that after her departure from Warner Records, they released things that were not previously approved by her. Last year, had been great a special edition of Like a Prayer, and this year celebrating the 30th anniversary of Virgin tour, an edition in DVD / BR, even with 10 tracks as the VHS version.

At the moment, Warner only has released that box with all studio albums from her. Something that a basic fan has on his collection.

If someday they are going to release this tour on DVD/BR, surely will be Paris or Nice.

I thought that after her departure from Warner Records, they released things that were not previously approved by her. Last year, had been great a special edition of Like a Prayer, and this year celebrating the 30th anniversary of Virgin tour, an edition in DVD / BR, even with 10 tracks as the VHS version.

At the moment, Warner only has released that box with all studio albums from her. Something that a basic fan has on his collection.

warner won't even put her videos up on youtube. her team has probably not even tried to do that even. i really dont think any worthy retrospective release is gonna happen any time soon. next time we'll probably get an even lazier "celebration"

Maybe Warner got so pissed off that she left them that they are doing this as a big F U to both her and the fans, they won't release anything from their vaults...... just a thought........ but it would be a bit weird if that was the case since they know they could get so much money releasing stuff from her. I'm just so tired of waiting......

Nice was recorded for HBO, not a documentary, that was Paris. I don't see a big need to get Nice released, we already have a good enough copy of that. I don't know if a complete Paris show was filmed, but if it was we could get a very nice HD version but it would be costly to scan all of the camera negatives (if they were preserved) and create an edit. I read waaaaaay back in 1990 that the Japan shows were filmed in early HD, which did exist in Japan at the time. If that is true, then those tapes could still be in a vault somewhere. Most likely it would be 720i, but still better than standard def. Someone asked Madonna on a Reddit AMA if Blond Ambition would be released and she said "she needed to find the tapes". 

The Virgin Tour is more of a holy grail to me. Supposedly the entire Detroit show was filmed then cut down to 50 minutes to be an hour long TV special (50 mins plus 10 mins of commercials fits the broadcast standard of the time). That fell through so they released it on VHS. Remember that the original Dress You Up video had a longer edit and different sound mix. It's possible that the longer edit of the full show may exist somewhere, or that the camera negatives were saved and could be scanned for an HD release.

I'm sorry for destroy your dream, but this Barcelona Blu-ray is a brazilian fan made edition. The person created blu-rays from all Madonna tours and this was the cover for Barcelona's concert. So, once again, probally all this 30th Like a Prayer celebration edition is a fake history created by fans. 

• 10 months later...

I think someday we will have the entire BluRay concert, I I really think the shows from Paris are the best option, the quality is higher than any other show, Yokohama, Barcelona and Nice.  Besides her voice sounds incredible, not like the Nice show that she sounds really tired!

I pray for this happen someday!

Didn't they sign some sort of contract with Pioneer Entertainment to release the show as a LaserDisc exclusive? I think that's why there's been such trouble releasing the show officially on DVD/Blu-Ray.

It seems like Truth or Dare is the only official DVD/Blu-Ray release of this tour we're going to get. I'm not sure if the contract thing is true or not, but if it is, it was a MAJOR mistake. I guess they thought the LaserDisc format was going to take off and wanted to jump on it first.

The only official release outside the LaserDisc format was the Japan VHS. And I believe that was also an exclusive release, exclusive to Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

The story has gotten a bit muddled over the years and I think there was a bit of rewriting history on Madonna's part when she was promoting TOD. To cut a long story short, it is said that Fincher actually flew to Japan long before Alek Keshishian did to begin filming the documentary but something happened very early in the piece and Alek was brought in to helm the project.

The story has gotten a bit muddled over the years and I think there was a bit of rewriting history on Madonna's part when she was promoting TOD. To cut a long story short, it is said that Fincher actually flew to Japan long before Alek Keshishian did to begin filming the documentary but something happened very early in the piece and Alek was brought in to helm the project.

sounds like a falling out 

He did shoot footage but it's never seen the light of day. As mentioned above, at least one show was filmed. The footage you see of Madonna in Japan was actually filmed several weeks into the start of the tour but is edited to make it seem like its opening night and start of the tour footage. That said, it's a mystery who filmed the scenes of her arriving at the airport if Alek did indeed come on board during the Japan tour and not before.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • madgefan changed the title to Blonde Ambition Coming to Blu-Ray in 2019?