Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

hate me but i just wish she over edits everything now

"oh yall hate it when i edit my vocals *inserts new vocals sang by david* oohhh the colours are too instagramish? *turns everything black and white and then adds a red filter* yall hate the cover? *calls aldo diaz*"

you just wanna see the whole world burn, i can respect that.

btw Aldo Diaz made the artwork in my avi and I love it. :tongue:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want you guys to laugh and stop getting soo stressed out because of this. Like she's actually releasing the dvd and she seems really excited, yeah she replied in a very rude way but the guy was rude too, who's fault is it? both of them. idk let's look on the bright side 

@@Fighter yeah he's soo much better now tbh. 

I just want you guys to laugh and stop getting soo stressed out because of this. Like she's actually releasing the dvd and she seems really excited, yeah she replied in a very rude way but the guy was rude too, who's fault is it? both of them. idk let's look on the bright side 

"she doesnt even go here!!!!!" 

I have this weird feeling, that the Showtime special includes the show only. The TOAC clips are for the DVD Disc no. 2 possibly..., which will be like the Showtime special, but based on the TOAC show. I also noticed the great angles compared to MDNA. I feel like this is not going include color filters this time!!!

I think its possible that TOAC is not gonna be part of the broadcast but might appear on the DVD too. we'll see :pray:

Oh man just reading the comment. For me, since I'm such an honest person, I think I would have worded it a bit differently. If we are getting the Australia shows, girlfriend's voice was BEAT. I would understand. But say "honey, your live raw voice makes a live concert so much more authentic and beautiful. Edit where needed but mercy, we wanna hear the real Madonna, WATCH the real Madonna, we love you". Depending on the vocal quality, she may need to do something to make herself sound better. Maybe she's a bit self conscious...? Sorry I'm drunk.

@@Fighter like when she called the RH leaks artistic rape. Like yeah it sucks but that is kinda insensitive. It's taking this really important thing and twisting it to fit your needs almost to victimize herself further.

one listen of the final Rebel Heart album will tell you she was traumatized by the leaks.

if youve ever had your work stolen, much less broadcast in various states of completion, when every choice you've made and make (especially artistic ones) have been scutinized and debated to the point there is no life left in the product, it would feel like artistic rape to me. That term takes nothing away from a sexual assault victim (which she was actually raped, so i can bet she knows the difference in meaning when choosing that term in the first place), IMO its clearly meant as a theft of her pride, and she her freedom to share those very personal thoughts and emotions on her terms, on her clock, was forcibly taken from her. 

Madonna has always been a "definitive statement" artist when it comes to her products. The adding of bonus tracks, 'deluxe' and 'super deluxe' editions is very recent, and i would guess its an Interscope marketing strategy, since thats pretty much how it goes when youre an artist on their roster. 

The fact that she is stingy with extras on dvd, which irritates me too, but these have generally already leaked during a tour, or the element of surprise has been killed in some way. as frustrating as it has been to not have backdrop videos as extras, or extras period (aside from that truly charming backstage mini-doc on the Sticky and Sweet BR/DVD), ive always been pleased with the final product of ANY tour video. whether that's a VHS taped "via sattelite" HBO broadcast of a single show repackaged into an official definitive representation of an entire tour, or a highly edited and stylized film, they still capture the essence of "The Tour" rather than "The Show".

BUT, I'm also someone that has never minded a backing track or lip syncing, should the performance call for that kind of perfection, so having sweetened vocals (while laugable at times) and turning-back-the-clock filters don't bother me. What bothers me is sound editing and seizure-inducing shots that take any opportunity to focus on the performance away. 

I cant wait to see this concert film. this show was a hallmark for me being a fan since the beginning, it spoke to me in ways i never expected, and i was moved by her mood and her character in such a "tribal" way (sorry for that pun, but its true), that seeing it again from HER definitive perspective is no less thrilling than lining up to enter the venue. 

And, call me crazy, but ive always wondered if the relationship with M and her fans has always been a 'chicken or the egg' type of thing. Has her bitchy sense of humor rubbed off on all of us? Or has the bitchy competition of the fanbase vieing for the "NUMBER ONE FAN" title rubbed off on her?     

Oh man just reading the comment. For me, since I'm such an honest person, I think I would have worded it a bit differently. If we are getting the Australia shows, girlfriend's voice was BEAT. I would understand. But say "honey, your live raw voice makes a live concert so much more authentic and beautiful. Edit where needed but mercy, we wanna hear the real Madonna, WATCH the real Madonna, we love you". Depending on the vocal quality, she may need to do something to make herself sound better. Maybe she's a bit self conscious...? Sorry I'm drunk.

She can use rehearsals or vocals from another show... but dub in studio sounds so fake, like S&S and MDNA.

She can use rehearsals or vocals from another show... but dub in studio sounds so fake, like S&S and MDNA.

Tbh, I honestly never knew that until it was pointed out by you guys, and I've binge-watched the tours HUNDREDS of times. The unobsessed masses of people who might see this Tour dvd won't know because yeah, even tho they aren't live, they certainly are NOT what you hear on the album.

All of these details that are "Wrong" according to this thread went completely unnoticed by me til the over-analysis by y'all.

Let It Will Be

Tbh, I honestly never knew that until it was pointed out by you guys, and I've binge-watched the tours HUNDREDS of times. The unobsessed masses of people who might see this Tour dvd won't know because yeah, even tho they aren't live, they certainly are NOT what you hear on the album.

I don't know, when I say that I am a Madonna fan, people always ask me why, considered she sings so badly and I am also a singer. A journalist in Udine for S&S said she didn't sing a single note live, which is almost true because at that time only You must love me was really live. And, God, in Milan she was so out of tune that my friend, who is not a musician, looked at me astonished and ashamed. In Florence another friend of mine said she'd better lipsynch, as the songs sung live were terrible: "It's not a concert, it's a show based on other things, not live music", she said. So embarassing. So people DO notice.

But when I heard the Tokyo "soundboard" I felt even bitter because she actually SINGS live almost every song, but then you can't hear her voice because they'd rather put the backing tracks at a higher level. I wish they could just balance the real voice, with corrections and editing, but not with studio versions. I am sad that people think she doesn't sing at all.

I don't know, when I say that I am a Madonna fan, people always ask me why, considered she sings so badly and I am also a singer. A journalist in Udine for S&S said she didn't sing a single note live, which is almost true because at that time only You must love me was really live. And, God, in Milan she was so out of tune that my friend, who is not a musician, looked at me astonished and ashamed. In Florence another friend of mine said she'd better lipsynch, as the songs sung live were terrible: "It's not a concert, it's a show based on other things, not live music", she said. So embarassing. So people DO notice.

But when I heard the Tokyo "soundboard" I felt even bitter because she actually SINGS live almost every song, but then you can't hear her voice because they'd rather put the backing tracks at a higher level. I wish they could just balance the real voice, with corrections and editing, but not with studio versions. I am sad that people think she doesn't sing at all.

You're mistaking the thing I said.

I didn't know she re-recorded vocals for the tour, not the thing you said. I never had the opportunity to see madonna live til this very year.

I only listened to the records and watched the tours I could find in full

As I said, what you all brought to my attention was the dubbing that I'd never noticed. So maybe people don't notice THAT because it's not the album.

You're mistaking the thing I said.

I didn't know she re-recorded vocals for the tour, not the thing you said. I never had the opportunity to see madonna live til this very year.

I only listened to the records and watched the tours I could find in full

As I said, what you all brought to my attention was the dubbing that I'd never noticed. So maybe people don't notice THAT because it's not the album.

Sorry, my mistake!

But the question is difficult. The vocals in the dvd are different from the album, that is true, but still they sound fake, too precise, no sign of breathing... no surprise, though, in the photoshop era when all that counts is what you look outside, not what you really are.

I still prefer the rough vocals of the Rai 1987 broadcast, everyone in Italy at the time was surprised because she sounded very different from the album.

And also I hate to hear snippets and sounds from the original recordings, especially the backing vocals. What are Kiley and Niki doing? I'd really love to know. In BAT, GS, DWT you can easily recognize Niki Haris voice in many songs, and sometimes even Donna's! Now everything is so fake...

Sorry, my mistake!

But the question is difficult. The vocals in the dvd are different from the album, that is true, but still they sound fake, too precise, no sign of breathing... no surprise, though, in the photoshop era when all that counts is what you look outside, not what you really are.

I still prefer the rough vocals of the Rai 1987 broadcast, everyone in Italy at the time was surprised because she sounded very different from the album.

And also I hate to hear snippets and sounds from the original recordings, especially the backing vocals. What are Kiley and Niki doing? I'd really love to know. In BAT, GS, DWT you can easily recognize Niki Haris voice in many songs, and sometimes even Donna's! Now everything is so fake...

Now THAT is something I can agree with, the bare vocals of The Girlie Show, like during fever where she's strained because the first pose causes her to crain her neck causing poor airflow. Or the Rain duet. Ugh i heart TGS

Sticky & Sweet was especially weak live vocally, I think Borderline wasn't on her key and she shout sang it. What they did on the DVD is so obvious that people think she lip syncs on tour. 

I don't mind her tweaking some of the vocals but when it's too obvious it takes you out of the performance completely. It only furthers the false notion that she lip syncs everything on tour, so they need to make it somewhat realistic.

A journalist in Udine for S&S said she didn't sing a single note live, which is almost true because at that time only You must love me was really live. And, God, in Milan she was so out of tune that my friend, who is not a musician, looked at me astonished and ashamed. In Florence another friend of mine said she'd better lipsynch, as the songs sung live were terrible: "It's not a concert, it's a show based on other things, not live music", she said. So embarassing. So people DO notice.

It's true that she is not the best singer out there, or that she doesn't have the most beautiful voice, but to be honest, I don't think that the Sticky & Sweet tour is the best concert to measure her vocal abilities, I mean, during this tour she barely stands, she was dancing energetically almost during all over the show, I think that is the show with her most complicated choreographies (good or bad, that's apart), so judging for the leaked soundboards, it's a ittle understandable why she wanted to change the vocals (for the S&S), but the way they did it was totally, well... crappy 

Actually the S&ST vocals are taken from studio rehearsals and autotuned/melodyned as fuck and sound atrocious, while for the MDNA Tour most of the vocals are from the original Miami mic feed, just badly edited.

Yeah, the MDNA tour ones didn't sound dubbed in (I was there and don't recall anything sounding that much different on the DVD). I think the mixing wasn't great, but I preferred it to S&S.

In my opinion, a live album should be what was heard live on that particular show. If vocals need reworking, modification, to be re-recorded in a studio or get swapped with studio demo or rehearsal vocals, then the show should not be released live, or should not be promoted as a live album, in my book. And if reworkings are going to take place, at least take the time to make it at least sound authentically live.

I found with the S&ST that it's not just the overly edited vocals, but the music just seems fake to me. A lot of the tracks seem like the studio version instrumental, layered over a very, very quiet audience track (to the point you hardly hear any audience at all in many parts), with vocals from somewhere other than what was actually sung live. All in all, resulting in just a really fake and disjointed sound that does not sound live at all in any way, and is super disappointing.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic