Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if there is anyway we can watch the broadcast from Australia?

Not sure. Foxtel have no immediate plans to air it. I assume the torrent will be up pretty quickly. I remember getting MDNA pretty fast after it aired on EPIX. 

So I have a hulu subscription and it includes Showtime and they have started live feeds from Showtime on both the East and West coast of the US. Not sure how to rip that and share it, but if I find a way I will as it seems I will be able to watch the show as it airs. 

If this is true, then I'm sure the costume-continuity will really bug me. Oh my God, the shiny/matt trouser thing in MDNA was frustrating, but her top/jacket changing during Turn Up The Radio was a truly 'what the f*$k' moment for me.

I'm curious to see how the Living For Love runway walk/cape removal fairs, since it didn't exactly go to plan on either night in Sydney.

Not long to go now, and then we can whinge and whine about something else. Ha ha!

Taken from someone who's says as a journalist they have seen the digital copy so take it as you wish:

Hey all! So I'm a part time journalist and received a digital copy of the Rebel Heart Tour from Showtime to review it. Wanted to share a few things about it because i know everyone's been wondering:

-The editing is very similar to the last 3 tour DVDs (with that matte finish and a lot of quick edits/slowed down effects that she loves doing and overlaying the background screens over what's going on on stage). Deeper and Deeper was edited especially poorly I thought (and the best were ones with not a lot going on behind or around her, like True Blue).

-The vocals were retouched a bit but nothing too crazy like Sticky and Sweet. I noticed that were also a lot more crowd shots also which I haven't noticed in many of her DVDs before, so I thought that was kind of cool.

-There is no behind the scenes footage except the very beginning (that clip was already released) and during the credits (and one spot in the middle that I'll get to below). During the credits the behind the scenes stuff is overlaid over Madonna's "If I Had A Hammer" cover.

-Love Don't Live Here Anymore was cut out of Heartbreak City (hopefully it was just cut for broadcast and it will be on the DVD).

-Lucky Star was cut out of the Dress You Up medley (but Into The Groove wasn't). Again, hopefully this was just for the broadcast version.

-There were no songs in between the Dress You Up medley and Rebel Heart (meaning both Like A Prayer AND Take A Bow were cut, if I remember correctly what she sang for these shows). Also hoping these will be on the DVD. Instead, after the medley, she segways from a speech about Detroit to a behind the scenes shot of her talking about Detroit with her dancers in their prayer circle and then a little footage of when she went to the boxing club there.

-All interludes are there completely (including the one in between La Isla Bonita and Dress You Up) as well as many of Madonna's spoken interludes, such as the bouquet bit after Material Girl, the dancer's abs stuff after Body Shop and the cigarette/Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend bit after La Vie En Rose). One kind of weird cut was she had the maraca thing with the dancers having to catch them but not the spoken part about them having to get spanked if they don't. They put cameras on the dancers during "Illuminati" so it was kind of cool seeing those shots spliced in. I thought it was kind of weird to keep all this though but cut songs, I'd rather the opposite.

-For some songs, you can tell they spliced different performances together because she's wearing different outfits in them (most notably in Like A Virgin and Rebel Heart, but this wasn't the case for most of them, i.e. she has only one outfit throughout Deeper and Deeper).

-The "unapologetic bitch" is a compilation of many of them, mostly the celebrity ones (i.e. Ariana Grande, Amy Schumer, Katy Perry, Anderson Cooper, etc). There a few fans but not a lot and mostly drag queen ones. The song is extended at the end to show everyone's reactions to the bananas (through quick edits though).

All in all I thought it was pretty solid (especially if the DVD hopefully includes the stuff that was missing, I just found the choices of what to cut for this broadcast questionable). And the editing was a bit annoying/a bit much, but not quite as bad as MDNA or Sticky and Sweet I thought (although pretty similar)

She cut songs but keep interludes and speeches  :suffer:

If this is true, then I'm sure the costume-continuity will really bug me. Oh my God, the shiny/matt trouser thing in MDNA was frustrating, but her top/jacket changing during Turn Up The Radio was a truly 'what the f*$k' moment for me.

I'm curious to see how the Living For Love runway walk/cape removal fairs, since it didn't exactly go to plan on either night in Sydney.

Not long to go now, and then we can whinge and whine about something else. Ha ha!

I'm sure it'll just use footage from another show or cut to something else.

> if she cut LDLHA, will we see the dancer falling down the staircase? it wouldn't make any sense with the performance to take that very scene off.

>  if I remember correctly, SHOWTIME offered a free trial, which allowed to watch Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour. to avoid being charged, you had to cancel it in time.

> if she cut LDLHA, will we see the dancer falling down the staircase? it wouldn't make any sense with the performance to take that very scene off.

>  if I remember correctly, SHOWTIME offered a free trial, which allowed to watch Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour. to avoid being charged, you had to cancel it in time.

This. She'll be at the top of the staircase and she would slowly descend singing Love Don't Live Here Anymore.

Same with Dress You Up, since after lUcky Star she still sings a few lines of Dress You Up and by cutting it she'll end up at a completely different part of the stage.

What songs were cut when the previous tours first aired?

Confessions Tour: Sorry (Interlude), Drowned World/Substitute For Love, Paradise (Not For Me) and Lucky Star. Plus they censored the Live To Tell performance.

Sticky & Sweet Tour: The Sweet Machine (Intro) was shorter and Like A Virgin but in some places both were shown.

Plus i don't even know which topic should i follow for the broadcast. This one should be to speak about the DVD/BD when it's already out, the cover, the packaging, the extras (LOL) etc etc and the other one about the broadcast edit (if it's finally an edit - otherwise we can use both of them). I'm sorry guys, i like order.

Plus i don't even know which topic should i follow for the broadcast. This one should be to speak about the DVD/BD when it's already out, the cover, the packaging, the extras (LOL) etc etc and the other one about the broadcast edit (if it's finally an edit - otherwise we can use both of them). I'm sorry guys, i like order.

@@Frank you're right, why don't we create a new topic "Showtime broadcast" for what happens on Friday night??

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic