Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurBadin

Has no-one thought that LDLHA might not be included for rights issues ? As we know M cant afford to pay for these for her releases ? Also i hope we dont get another cringey "Fuck yeah" monologue like the MDNA Blu-Ray - that was just too embarrassing to watch :((

Well, the strings from beginning and end off the performance weren't cut (for obvious reasons) so they can count as samples and need to be credited as well as to be paid royalties to the Rose Royce composers.

I guess we will have LDLHA in the DVD/BD edition just for the fact the cutting of it wasn't very good (as @@Bat-Fan pointed to me a couple of weeks ago in private)

By the way, that entire speech between OYH and Masterpiece on L-U-V M-D-N-A World Tour was incredibly unnecessary and embarassing. if instead she used the speech used in that removed MDNA Tour full edition from YT, she would even gain a better visibility for her social activism. Or the one given at l'Olympia. Both better than that stupid and very improvised "Oh-I-am-so-blessed-for-having-a-job-in-these-times-I-know-that" monologue. By the way she seems to love immortalizing awful speeches like that cause the one for CT DVD was much worse than the one during her b-day (filmed by Akerlund as well but discarded, probably for sounding too intimate to her).

Has no-one thought that LDLHA might not be included for rights issues ? As we know M cant afford to pay for these for her releases ? Also i hope we dont get another cringey "Fuck yeah" monologue like the MDNA Blu-Ray - that was just too embarrassing to watch :((

MDNA DVD has the worst speach in history? Everyone taken their MDMA? Wtf! Not funny. About LDLHA, I am sure she can afford it, it us different for DVD than life btoadcast I believe

Why is there so much confusion about the full show not being released? When M and team assemble a cut, they go by all footage available and piece together a full product such as her other tours in the past. Showtime is pretty much asking for an edit of their already finished cut (whatever they plan on releasing) so they trimmed down segments, songs and other pieces to fit the runtime. We all saw this with Confessions and S&S. She won't release the Showtime edit for the DVD/BR especially given this long of a wait time and with the announcement of TOAC extra. She's not that naive to think releasing a broadcast version would sell especially to her hardcore fans which is all who buy her tour DVD's at this point.

The full show Sydney shows along with others were shot in full then pieced together to form her definitive cut. Showtime asked for a specific cut of two hours or less to fit the run-time to which she and her team obliged. Sure, she could always add more to it given the August release date but that initial cut and all those taped shows still exist.

Guest ArthurBadin

Why is there so much confusion about the full show not being released? When M and team assemble a cut, they go by all footage available and piece together a full product such as her other tours in the past. Showtime is pretty much asking for an edit of their already finished cut (whatever they plan on releasing) so they trimmed down segments, songs and other pieces to fit the runtime. We all saw this with Confessions and S&S. She won't release the Showtime edit for the DVD/BR especially given this long of a wait time and with the announcement of TOAC extra. She's not that naive to think releasing a broadcast version would sell especially to her hardcore fans which is all who buy her tour DVD's at this point.

The full show Sydney shows along with others were shot in full then pieced together to form her definitive cut. Showtime asked for a specific cut of two hours or less to fit the run-time to which she and her team obliged. Sure, she could always add more to it given the August release date but that initial cut and all those taped shows still exist.

@@thelioncourtheart_ The problem here, regards to the part I put in bold, is that most of what we saw on Showtime's concert film cannot be linked directly as belong to the Sydney filmed concerts since most of the not-sung content (i mean the speeches) are from different dates taped along the entire duration of the tour. It seems she hadn't almost utilized any of the speeches at Sydney, but the ones from Detroit, Melbourne etc. In the press release the concert film was told as a chronicle of entire 84 dates on stage. So we've been told since then it would be a highly done edition which would be a hybrid of the supposed better moments of tour (at least one could gather from the PR reading). So no way only Sydney gigs would be the ones to contribute to the edition. UB was a very valid reason for not having happened this.

And I don't believe she will do a second exhaustive, furious edit only to make a "her definitive cut" from Sydney dates only. On IG she was enthusiatic about the result, claiming she was "very proud of that". I guess what we will have of new on DVD/BD are the missing parts of songs (such as Devil Pray and Messiah) and entire songs as LDLHA (and not even ALL missing songs, since the cutting in Lucky Star was quite made for making no one realize at first sight that song was presented into the medley, which gets shortened to only present DYU and ITG. Hanky Panky's cutting was quite well made, so I don't see this acapella extract being on DVD/BD too).

Guest ArthurBadin

Is anyone in the UK going to that gay premiere tonight?

@@Bat-Fan Do you know if it will be allowed cameras, phones etc. there? Wish I know that, since it's about to happen (I believe in less than one hour), and we unlucky fans shouldn't be deprived at least of a good Periscope.

Guest ArthurBadin

This is probably gonna just be a bootleg of the Showtime concert soooooo

Actually RHT broadcast at the club is not what I most worry. I'm begging more for the "highlights of TOAC" that they promised to broadcast right at the beginning of the party (at least this appears on the Tribe report of it/press release). Even if they didn't (and they didn't want to, for sure, I know it) specify if that TOAC was indeed TOAC1 or TOAC2. They reported the "highlights" would last around one hour when presented the line-up of the broadcasts. So I count on that "one-hour of highlights" will be most what we will see as bonus on RHT DVD/BD.

@@thelioncourtheart_ The problem here, regards to the part I put in bold, is that most of what we saw on Showtime's concert film cannot be linked directly as belong to the Sydney filmed concerts since most of the not-sung content (i mean the speeches) are from different dates taped along the entire duration of the tour. It seems she hadn't almost utilized any of the speeches at Sydney, but the ones from Detroit, Melbourne etc. In the press release the concert film was told as a chronicle of entire 84 dates on stage. So we've been told since then it would be a highly done edition which would be a hybrid of the supposed better moments of tour (at least one could gather from the PR reading). So no way only Sydney gigs would be the ones to contribute to the edition. UB was a very valid reason for not having happened this.

And I don't believe she will do a second exhaustive, furious edit only to make a "her definitive cut" from Sydney dates only. On IG she was enthusiatic about the result, claiming she was "very proud of that". I guess what we will have of new on DVD/BD are the missing parts of songs (such as Devil Pray and Messiah) and entire songs as LDLHA (and not even ALL missing songs, since the cutting in Lucky Star was quite made for making no one realize at first sight that song was presented into the medley, which gets shortened to only present DYU and ITG. Hanky Panky's cutting was quite well made, so I don't see this acapella extract being on DVD/BD too).

You misunderstood my post. I said she had other shows filmed and then filmed both nights. They then combined best footage from each once it was determined it wouldn't be a strictly Sydney show and be in line more with MDNA utilizing footage from other shows. When Showtime asked for an edit, they more than likely already had a complete final edit of the full show rather than go through hours of footage and make the Showtime version their only finished copy of the tour. If anything with the final release, she'll release the already finished uncut initial edit before Showtime's requested cuts. She could add extras such as the Paris performance or other one off song performances who knows but fans shouldn't worry they are not getting the full show when Confessions/Sticky and Sweet's broadcast were not the final edition later released on their DVD/BR's.

Actually RHT broadcast at the club is not what I most worry. I'm begging more for the "highlights of TOAC" that they promised to broadcast right at the beginning of the party (at least this appears on the Tribe report of it/press release). Even if they didn't (and they didn't want to, for sure, I know it) specify if that TOAC was indeed TOAC1 or TOAC2. They reported the "highlights" would last around one hour when presented the line-up of the broadcasts. So I count on that "one-hour of highlights" will be most what we will see as bonus on RHT DVD/BD.

if they already have unreleased DVD material that they are going to show, that is the TOAC that she has been taesing, it is very probable that the version of the RHT shown will be the one released on DVD. But I find it unlikely they have any of this material, it will probably be fanmade TOAC and the showtime film. Why would they have unreleased DVD material? I know it is "supported" by Madonnas team but this is still not an official event

Guest ArthurBadin

You misunderstood my post. I said she had other shows filmed and then filmed both nights. They then combined best footage from each once it was determined it wouldn't be a strictly Sydney show and be in line more with MDNA utilizing footage from other shows. When Showtime asked for an edit, they more than likely already had a complete final edit of the full show rather than go through hours of footage and make the Showtime version their only finished copy of the tour. If anything with the final release, she'll release the already finished uncut initial edit before Showtime's requested cuts. She could add extras such as the Paris performance or other one off song performances who knows but fans shouldn't worry they are not getting the full show when Confessions/Sticky and Sweet's broadcast were not the final edition later released on their DVD/BR's.

@@thelioncourtheart_ Now that I read it again, I get your point.  :smile:

Anyway, we will have to wait and see. I guess that UK party today can give us a flashlight of what we'll expect on DVD/BD since this party was announced as related to M's team in some form and they advised they would broadcast some new content.

In fact, why Tribe would lie when referring to it as  "The only UK Madonna event supported by Madonna’s team"?

By the way, source: http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2016/madonna-fan-party-save-the-date/

See you!

Guest ArthurBadin

if they already have unreleased DVD material that they are going to show, that is the TOAC that she has been taesing, it is very probable that the version of the RHT shown will be the one released on DVD. But I find it unlikely they have any of this material, it will probably be fanmade TOAC and the showtime film. Why would they have unreleased DVD material? I know it is "supported" by Madonnas team but this is still not an official event

So @@Bat-Fan someone with a very good Periscope could vouch what happens in this God-damned party. And I don't believe they would use any fanmade, filmed by any fan, footage of TOAC since all we fans own about a full TOAC1 so far is a poorly-filmed Periscope which even matches the size of a 16:9 HD screen since the footage catches her most on vertical line! I guess they wouldn't play with  M's team presenting such a joke like that, after all they were very private about any detail of broadcasts, as you and I were able to witness it on their full-of-secrets official Facebook page.

Guest ArthurBadin

Anyway, the UK party should have already started. Any good soul knows about a very good Periscope or a Twitter from someone who's attending it? Thanks in advance.

It was a Party where Madonna Fans like to celebrate her not a release party. I would say there was just the stuff we have already seen, the clown show of Miami (I can confirm that) and the showtime edit (left before). I respect the organisers of the party as well as the guests who loved it but I like to say it was not my cup of tea.

It was a Party where Madonna Fans like to celebrate her not a release party. I would say there was just the stuff we have already seen, the clown show of Miami (I can confirm that) and the showtime edit (left before). I respect the organisers of the party as well as the guests who loved it but I like to say it was not my cup of tea.

Ah, understandable. I said that this is what it would be and... It was

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic