Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect amazing things from her releases anymore. I just expect the minimum and if there's more then awesome. No point in having huge expectations with Madonna products, I don't know why ya'll are masochists.

Same here, but is just a little contradictory that just at the begining of the era she was talking about this art for freedom thing, and then she goes all through the Rebel Heart era slaughtering all the artistic potential about every single product: the record, the tour, the home release of the tour... anyways I enjoyed the first two, tho  :heart:

Guys let's be real. Did anyone really believe Tears of a Clown was coming in full? As messy as it was (still good though). We all know damn well she wouldn't put out on the market a full show full of screw ups. That isn't her. And as for LDLHA, yeah it's sad that it probably won't be there, but hey...it was at least cut well. Had we not known the show inside and out, we probably wouldn't have noticed. It was cut very well and was not a clunky transition. At the end of the day, it's a live release. It was never gonna be groundbreaking. It was never gonna be earth shattering. She's a Mom of 4 now so really I think we should be lucky we got anything at all. 

Same here, but is just a little contradictory that just at the begining of the era she was talking about this art for freedom thing, and then she goes all through the Rebel Heart era slaughtering all the artistic potential about every single product: the record, the tour, the home release of the tour... anyways I enjoyed the first two, tho  :heart:

Wouldn't put it past her doing this as a punishment for the bitching everyone did during the RH era. "You wanna bitch? I'll give you something to bitch about."  :lol:  :lol:

^^ but that's sad that we're now reducing ourselves to this when she's at some point given us some goodies like the Confessions and Sticky & Sweet Tour photo books, the SEX book, and some of the special editions of her albums.

It's kinda sad we have to get excited for magazine covers nowadays.

The photo books happened because they were Guy Oseary projects tbh.

None of her DVDs have great extras....

Only thing I'm a little mad about is that they can't take 2 hours to insert LDLHA back into the show. That performance was the best in the whole show in my opinion, but I can cry about a DVD another day lol.

Only thing I'm a little mad about is that they can't take 2 hours to insert LDLHA back into the show. That performance was the best in the whole show in my opinion, but I can cry about a DVD another day lol.

Oh @@Fighter how I wish other M fans could be as level headed as you :)

^^ but that's sad that we're now reducing ourselves to this when she's at some point given us some goodies like the Confessions and Sticky & Sweet Tour photo books, the SEX book, and some of the special editions of her albums.

It's kinda sad we have to get excited for magazine covers nowadays.

Like fighter said, the CT and SST books were Guy O projects, and as for the SEX Book... that was the MAIN product of 1992. I'm just glad she decided to release its soundtrack, the Erotica album.

All the special editions of any albums were WB remasters (to retain copyright control of master recordings) or lmtd editions of albums to boost sales upon the release of an album.

For all we know, the real "extras" will be exclusive to streaming platforms or digital-only releases. For example, The entire Sticky and Sweet bluray is available in HD on US iTunes.

Or, the super-extra-mega-deluxe edition of the Bluray including every single second of the Rebel Heart era could be the "larger project". But you'll have to buy a ticket to see it for the cinema-only release.

And, for the record, just because one has listened to Like A Prayer live countless times, doesn't mean she has performed it countless times. Many people who saw the RHT show didn't get to see her perform it.

Fortunately I did.

Guest ArthurBadin

Meanwhile, the live album includes 22 tracks, including a special 'Tears Of A Clown' fan club show in Melbourne. Pre-order information on the DVD and live album will be announced soon.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/madonna-announces-rebel-heart-tour-live-album-and-concert-film__19131/

Thank you, Simon.

Anyway, the same report informs us that

The live album features 22 songs from her Rebel Heart Tour.

And the way the sentence when confirms that part of the 22 songs will be dedicated to TOAC1 performances might be seen as well as having a bad way to illustrate two separate, different informations that would be interpolated by mistake.

Meanwhile, the live album includes 22 tracks, including a special 'Tears Of A Clown' fan club show in Melbourne. Pre-order information on the DVD and live album will be announced soon. 

The part in bold could be independent from the part in italics, if we consider the live album as a combo of CD+DVD (of course the 22-track double-CD will be sold without the DVD feature, but we don't know too much so far). Maybe by hurry/mistake/lazy redaction those two infos are indeed independent and the live album will not feature any song from TOAC1. Indeed to think the "exerpt" will last only 15min it's hard to believe any song from it would be saved in the final cut, but again we have had IGTTYAS, haven't we? So...

Sorry if I sounded too pretentious, Simon, but, given the nature of reports and press releases we have been so far, I really don't doubt Official Charts is playing a trick on us. After all Rolling Stone informed about the presence of TAB, Secet and DTM and BBFC told another thing. So I don't know what to believe. So, I'll stay with my own theory. And I'll wait for at least an Eagle Rock official report.

EDIT: @@Fighter dear, the question is that BBFC is the official bureau of British government in charge to evaluate and rate all DVD/BD/even VHS future releases to be sold in UK just to prevent audiences from the content which will be featured on those releases. That's why the concert film got the "15" indication, to only be seen by viewers who are from a certain age. They have to avail every single frame of every single content featured on every single release just to have the entire perception of what is being evaluated and rated and declare all content to audiences so public consumers will be aware of what they will find on the near releases. So if this info is not accurate, we should blame UK government for this. As far as I know the DVD/BD that will hit stores after September 15 is this one, which will feature the Showtime version of RHT, plus 15 min of TOAC1, plus a 4h30 length performance of LAP. That's it.

Guest ArthurBadin

And of course Eagle Rock/UMG/Interscope won't mind about a potential boycott from M stans and fans, as I told. As @@Fighter told, we fans are more than used to that kind of poor live video releases Madonna has delivered to us so far, without barely any extras.

Probably, as someone said here, she's saving the actual valuable bonus just for digital release, as it is more appraised nowadays by consumers. People around barely will buy a physical copy of any live video release, that's why labels don't invest almost anymore in filming and releasing footage from tours, only if they were an actual commercial success, which was the case of RHT. By the way YouTube (and another more permissive platforms such as Vimeo and Dailymotion) is here to give for free at least a fan's footage or some discarded pro-shot footage, like it was Rit Lisbon case. And sites such as YouPak and EachVideo (to not talk about browsers like Avast's one which allows video downloads too) offer the means to download every single video from YouTube on 720p (there are some apps such as Ummy which allows downloading videos even in 1080p too!). So, there's no actual profit in release officially a live video from any artist. Even Beyoncé, who made exclusive on her partnered Tidal all content from Lemonade, wasn't interested to offer a live video release of her last tour even if it were just a digital issue.

And for sure most fans will buy this in spite of having what it has. They'll buy any official released product from their idol just for the sake of having it for their collection. That's why I bought MDNA World Tour (and 2x!) as well as another recent releases by her despite of not liking them actually. That's why only a massive raise of unsatisfied voices might recoil on Eagle Rock's ears. But even so they and M's team wouldn't be any impressed by far, anyway all we know how "M is the boss", "M does it better" and, well, no one was able to make MDNA World Tour get a reauthoration, solving the numerous problems on it (menu, audio etc.).

So that's what we will get for granted and for life. "This is who I am, like it or not, you can love me or leave me, but I'll never gonna stop, no, you know.."

Of course I could wait for a discounting of it just like when it's Black Friday or a reissue within the UMG's MusicPac format (however MDNAT so far wasn't reissued on that package... Doesn't Madonna believe in the "music is all that matters" MusicPac motto, hehe).

EDIT: Dear @@MisterMistere, the reading from the BBFC site gives us the impression that they evaluated both DVD and BD content. Of course they need to evaluate both cause both will be sold in UK. By the way, a BD has indeed more size capacity but a blu-ray presents the HD version of the content, which has a proportional size compared to the SD version featured on DVD. I mean, about 8 GB of a SD version of a VOB folder off a 2h length video film or compilation found on a DL DVD equals to a 68 GB of the HD version of the same main video/compilation found on a DL blu-ray (don't know exactly what is the maximum size for a DL BD). So that's why most BD's have the same featured content found on their DVD versions (3D BD versions present even less content due to the increase of size of a 3D video file in comparison with the its 2D version; for instance, Kylie's Aphrodite Les Folies live in London 3D BD version doesn't have the extra documentary found on 2D BD version of it - so both were packed together).

So I don't expect the BD being any different from the DVD. BBFC should inform us that if so.

Guest ArthurBadin

I would say it's not confirmed 100%, it's too early. Let's just wait a bit!

If it does turn out like the site says, it might be the first time I don't buy a Madonna release.

So BBFC evaluated a prototype of the DVD/BD and rated it?

Now I don't know what to believe. Even British government is suspicious now. #ForGodsSake #FYouTheresaMay

Have you ever thought of different versions to be released?

Like someone said before: Blu Rays almost offer more extras and room for an extended play.

And maybe there will be different versions since it's going to be released world wide.

Like they had to cut down the show to 118 minutes in Britain to get this rating. Who says that the German release won't be uncut and released and rated as "FSK 12"? Every country has its own restriction guidelines.

What I try to express is that we cannot make things out of this British rating site. We have to wait for an actual official release note from the management or from her website.

I actually do not care wether it's the Showtime broadcast or something else. I enjoy all of the tour releases. No matter wether they're over edited or not. Wether they've dubbed vocals or not.

I love her and I don't care at all. I just want a decent home release to have a nice cheerish and drunk evening when I watch it.

Try it out: Get drunk and watch a tour from hers. It feels so good!

I feel like we may not be getting everything for a reason. Like, I don't know WHY this came to me, but maybe she's planning on releasing a TOAC inspired album. Bare bones, intimate, meaningful...maybe it's something she'd include in an album release. Because let's face it, more are expected to purchase a musical album than a DVD concert. It would be smart. It would be torture. It would make sense. But it would also be torture. I want dance music, this is just me thinking out loud watching paint dry. Guys, what's happening.

Like fighter said, the CT and SST books were Guy O projects, and as for the SEX Book... that was the MAIN product of 1992. I'm just glad she decided to release its soundtrack, the Erotica album.

All the special editions of any albums were WB remasters (to retain copyright control of master recordings) or lmtd editions of albums to boost sales upon the release of an album.

For all we know, the real "extras" will be exclusive to streaming platforms or digital-only releases. For example, The entire Sticky and Sweet bluray is available in HD on US iTunes.

Or, the super-extra-mega-deluxe edition of the Bluray including every single second of the Rebel Heart era could be the "larger project". But you'll have to buy a ticket to see it for the cinema-only release.

And, for the record, just because one has listened to Like A Prayer live countless times, doesn't mean she has performed it countless times. Many people who saw the RHT show didn't get to see her perform it.

Fortunately I did.

Yeah of course it was Guy's project but at the end of an era there's always been some great stuff tied into it like the SEX book with Erotica. What do we have at the end of the MDNA era? Just the home release and live albums. Nothing to commemorate it.

Beyonce's How To Make Lemonade book would be a prime example of something I would like. Yeah it's crazy expensive but for her to give fans wiling to buy it a 600 page hardbound book in a clamshell case, plus a vinyl of the album plus a download card or the album/movie is a good deal.

I don't see the point of releasing the broadcast version as a DVD, it's not like many people checked it out in the first place and only the most hardcore fans would pick it up. They are really trying to alienate the remaining few people who are still following her.

Guest ArthurBadin

Have you ever thought of different versions to be released?

Like someone said before: Blu Rays almost offer more extras and room for an extended play.

And maybe there will be different versions since it's going to be released world wide.

Like they had to cut down the show to 118 minutes in Britain to get this rating. Who says that the German release won't be uncut and released and rated as "FSK 12"? Every country has its own restriction guidelines.

What I try to express is that we cannot make things out of this British rating site. We have to wait for an actual official release note from the management or from her website.

I actually do not care wether it's the Showtime broadcast or something else. I enjoy all of the tour releases. No matter wether they're over edited or not. Wether they've dubbed vocals or not.

I love her and I don't care at all. I just want a decent home release to have a nice cheerish and drunk evening when I watch it.

Try it out: Get drunk and watch a tour from hers. It feels so good!

Your point is very valid, @@Madgesty. However, it would be the first time she'd do this. But, anyway, there's a first time to everything, isn't there?

Well, I'll keep on waiting. At least I have a release date.

EDIT: By the way, could someone tell me what's the maximum capacity of a DL BD-VIDEO? Thanks in advance.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic