Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Your point is very valid, @@Madgesty. However, it would be the first time she'd do this. But, anyway, there's a first time to everything, isn't there?

Well, I'll keep on waiting. At least I have a release date.

EDIT: By the way, could someone tell me what's the maximum capacity of a DL BD-VIDEO? Thanks in advance.

Wikipedia: 25 GB[1] (Single Layer),

50 GB (Dual Layer),

100/128 GB (BDXL; 3 bzw. 4 Layer),[2][3]

unter Laborbedingungen bis zu 500 GB (20 Layer)

So enough space for all of her tours when she would want to.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurBadin

Wikipedia: 25 GB[1] (Single Layer),

50 GB (Dual Layer),

100/128 GB (BDXL; 3 bzw. 4 Layer),[2][3]

unter Laborbedingungen bis zu 500 GB (20 Layer)

So enough space for all of her tours when she would want to.

Well, let's wait for an official press release (from Eagle Rock, cause from hers I expect nothing anymore) to clarify us.

But don't you think a price for a BD above 50 GB-capacity wouldn't be very expensive to be repassed to the consumer public?

I don't see a live video release other than on a DVD/BD DL. This is the blueprint for any live video discs, at least for the ones targeted at major general public, what it seems to be M's near release.

Again, we need to see it with the capitalist, market economy eyes of the labels and their capitalist, market economy rules.

For that reason I truly believe BBFC report, if not 100% accurate, is very close to what we will get as the worldwide product.

What we could do right now is to bring BBFC link to Eagle Rock contact channels (as well as M's team) and ask them what they think about it.

Guest ArthurBadin

Can we please stop talking about this ? It's going to be released in few months and everything can change. I don't want to believe any article because we had SO MANY wrong news and fake informations the past months. So let's just wait and see. Then, we'll complain if it's not what we are expecting !

Well, this time it was a report from a public agency/bureau from British government, so it would sound as accurate as possible (after all any citizen from a democratic country can sue the public state if any info the latter provides to the former isn't accurate. UK is a democratic nation, isn't it?).

But, yeah, you're right. This is very early. Of course it's what I expect from both BBFC (report their work in an advanced time so most citizens will be able to be aware of it) and DVD content (anyway it will follow a long tradition of her live video releases).

So i'm not impressed or feeling like I'm a victim of deception (at least by BBFC's part). I let the river follow its course. So i'll keep on waiting. At least Eagle Rock announced a release date. During the waiting for it we'll have more and more info, reliable or not.

We are just depleting all possibilities of our own theories being confirmed or not. So far (by obvious reasons) we even haven't been able to come to a common, convergent point. All theories seem to have still on the table. Even Eagle Rock could send another copy to British censorship so they would change any info on their page. That's why we could bring BBFC's report to Eagle Rock reps to know what they think about it (and to M's team, of course). We might get a response from them (even a silent one, which could tell too much actually).

Could the info be wrong? Of course, I mean it already is since the press release contradicts the new info, but if anything the more realistic scenario is that the info that talks about the least amount of material being included is the correct one.

if you guys wanna keep coming up with theories then great lol. I just want this release to be over and done already.

Yeah of course it was Guy's project but at the end of an era there's always been some great stuff tied into it like the SEX book with Erotica. What do we have at the end of the MDNA era? Just the home release and live albums. Nothing to commemorate it.

Beyonce's How To Make Lemonade book would be a prime example of something I would like. Yeah it's crazy expensive but for her to give fans wiling to buy it a 600 page hardbound book in a clamshell case, plus a vinyl of the album plus a download card or the album/movie is a good deal.

The SEX book and Erotica were released at the same time. They were companions to each other. If you're referring the the Girlie Show book release way after the tour went to home video, then that could count as a commemorative item of the era I guess.

The point is, having notable tours NOT released at all, to expect

A bells-and-whistles release like the limited edition sales boosting lemonade package you mentioned, hasn't really ever been Madonna's style.

Of course fans would love it, but to start hemming and hawing about not getting this or that, or EVERY special song she performed on the tour to truly commemorate an era just isn't a realistic expectation.

Especially when most of the fans bitching the loudest probably watched every show "live" on periscope anyway.

And if you want to get technical, the MDNA tour was the first full length live album Madonna has ever officially released.

Well, this time it was a report from a public agency/bureau from British government, so it would sound as accurate as possible (after all any citizen from a democratic country can sue the public state if any info the latter provides to the former isn't accurate. UK is a democratic nation, isn't it?).

But, yeah, you're right. This is very early. Of course it's what I expect from both BBFC (report their work in an advanced time so most citizens will be able to be aware of it) and DVD content (anyway it will follow a long tradition of her live video releases).

So i'm not impressed or feeling like I'm a victim of deception (at least by BBFC's part). I let the river follow its course. So i'll keep on waiting. At least Eagle Rock announced a release date. During the waiting for it we'll have more and more info, reliable or not.

We are just depleting all possibilities of our own theories being confirmed or not. So far (by obvious reasons) we even haven't been able to come to a common, convergent point. All theories seem to have still on the table. Even Eagle Rock could send another copy to British censorship so they would change any info on their page. That's why we could bring BBFC's report to Eagle Rock reps to know what they think about it (and to M's team, of course). We might get a response from them (even a silent one, which could tell too much actually).

Thanks for your explanation. Alright, so this is an accurate website... But things might change. We never know :)

The SEX book and Erotica were released at the same time. They were companions to each other. If you're referring the the Girlie Show book release way after the tour went to home video, then that could count as a commemorative item of the era I guess.

The point is, having notable tours NOT released at all, to expect

A bells-and-whistles release like the limited edition sales boosting lemonade package you mentioned, hasn't really ever been Madonna's style.

Of course fans would love it, but to start hemming and hawing about not getting this or that, or EVERY special song she performed on the tour to truly commemorate an era just isn't a realistic expectation.

Especially when most of the fans bitching the loudest probably watched every show "live" on periscope anyway.

And if you want to get technical, the MDNA tour was the first full length live album Madonna has ever officially released.

Thank you. This is something I've been saying, don't get upset because M didn't Release a thing that she's never done before be upset that WE STILL DONT HAVE BLONDE AMBITION OR RE-INVENTION IN FULL

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I would say it's not confirmed 100%, it's too early. Let's just wait a bit!

If it does turn out like the site says, it might be the first time I don't buy a Madonna release.

It would be my first time too, I mean I love buying her stuffs, just for supporting her job and 'cause I really appreciatte that after all this years she still releasing and working in her music/visual materials, but this realease is becoming a big no!   :bananawave:

Guest ArthurBadin

So BBFC evaluated a prototype of the DVD/BD and rated it?

Now I don't know what to believe. Even British government is suspicious now. #ForGodsSake #FYouTheresaMay

@@Dazedmadonna dear, given the fact you are among the people with most tea here on this forum (in fact the fansite you work has practically taken all tea Tribe once had, as @@Frank brilliantly reminded us), you said it's too early for an official report of the full content on DVD/BD. So is there any chance of BBFC, an official agency/bureau from British government, to have had given us a wrong or incomplete info because it's too early? Maybe is there a chance Eagle Rock had send to BBFC a prototype copy or an earlier version that will be updated through September, featuring more extras or having a different content list for DVD and BD? And, most of all, the version that will hit British stores could be different from another ones to be sold in another countries and territories?

So many questions... As @@Fighter expressed to us previously, how much I wanted this to have already been released and to bury this story for granted and for life. A DVD/BD from a tour that started more than 2 years before its home video release... Damn...

Guest ArthurBadin

mejor ya no debería lanzar nada y meterse al estudio a grabar su nuevo álbum :v o mejor esos 138 minutos deberían ser de puro Rebel Heart Tour y ya que no lanze el Tears ni Like a Prayer de bonus, para tan miserables bonus mejor unas fotos y ya :v

Probably Rebel Hugo is so p*ssed off so he decided to express himself in his mother language.

I do the translation, @@Bat-Fan. You deserve everything good from me.

As it follows:

It would be better she would have not released anything and go to studio to record her new album, or better [than this] those 138min should be entirely from RHT and she shouldn't release TOAC nor a LAP performance as bonus, because, given those bonus are so poor, it would be better to put some pictures [from tour] and nothing else.

Parts in hooks are entirely mine, to help the interpretation.

EDIT: nevermind, @@Fighter dear.

Guest ArthurBadin

@@ArthurBadin thank you so much!, I'm so tired, boring and angry with this Awful DVD release :cry:

You are welcome, beloved @@Rebel Hugo. Anyway regarding to the pictures it could be possible they would feature on DVD/BD, given BBFC seems to only evaluate and rate the components in video.

I was reading Tribe's report and it clarified my mind. By "This work has passed uncut", it means every single frame of all components evaluated by BBFC (needless to say those were all send by Eagle Rock for the ratings process) were approved by them. And, doing the sum of each component length, it matches exactly 138min. Some seconds are less or more but they are less than one minute.

So we can understand that the DVD/BD send by Eagle Rock by BBFC's approval has exactly those 3 video components, nothing less, nothing more. Menu, photo galleries or any other content which is not a main component video content wouldn't be evaluated nor rated by them, only the main film and its bonus video extras.

Maybe Eagle Rock will send another copies to BBFC to have from them a second approval, if necessary, through September, and those new copies will feature another video components, such as more missing songs as bonus content. That's why @@Dazedmadonna said it's too early to have it as granted.

So now it's time for those who complain about the bonus selection and the main content length to express their wrath/enragement to Eagle Rock's contact channels and M's team and let clear their unsatisfaction with the content intended for the DVD/BD. "The time is right now, you've got to decide, say what you like, ain't no time to lose", remember?

Cause now we know for sure what Eagle Rock/UMG/Boy Toy etc. have in mind for this DVD. Maybe it's not their final intention, but that's what they want to present to us so far.

At this point, I should just make my own tour cover (since the official one will be awful) and download an HD rip. I forgotten some people on other forums crucify you if you don't have the same majority opinion as they do. I for one am upset about how it's being handled.

First, she stated that minutes were trimmed to fit the timeslot Showtime gave her for the broadcast meaning she had to go back and remove bits from an already finished and polished cut since some transitions are jarring and don't flow very well in the Showtime edit. Secondly, she stated she was working hard on extras via Instagram and it'd be worth the wait. Thirdly, she begins posting TOAC snippets (edited ones) on Instagram stating it would be included as "part of a larger project." 

When I brought these points up apparently, some fans in other places thought I was quoting a mythical book but her team and her stated several things that if this information of the pending release is indeed true is not only poor management but a terrible way of releasing broadcasts. The broadcast has been available for six months and three more until September, it's pretty much asking for low sales as most that do buy them are either collectors, physical media fans or even the casual GP. The press release too stating DTM, Secret and TAB.

What a mess of a release.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic