Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since we all aware of all the complaints, now let's be counterproductive and post about our favorite parts of the show.

Personally, the whole show is great, but "True Blue" with the Ukulele is class. I also love how much she conversed with the fans. Before this, she was pretty much in and out with her performances with no room with chatting with the fans. And even though "Candy Shop" was never my favorite song or performance on other tours, I really enjoyed it on this one.  Also, I love Guitardonna. When she pulls out the electric guitar for "Burning Up" it's one of my favorite moments.  She might not be the greatest guitarist, but I'm glad she decided to start playing it again. It certainly gives the show more of a versatile aspect of Madonna rather than just dancing and singing all the time.  :) 

You're not gonna get a balance. This is a pop music forum, the only thing worse is fucking prison.

So why not fix the Problem instead of say these people are worse than prison. You realize you just said that about the other members of this forum right. THAT is your job as a moderator. To keep that balance to say "hey" every once in a while to make sure people are being civil and sane.

Instead of saying these people are only slightly better than a prison.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So since we all aware of all the complaints, now let's be counterproductive and post about our favorite parts of the show.

Personally, the whole show is great, but "True Blue" with the Ukulele is class. I also love how much she conversed with the fans. Before this, she was pretty much in and out with her performances with no room with chatting with the fans. And even though "Candy Shop" was never my favorite song or performance on other tours, I really enjoyed it on this one. Also, I love Guitardonna. When she pulls out the electric guitar for "Burning Up" it's one of my favorite moments. She might not be the greatest guitarist, but I'm glad she decided to start playing it again. It certainly gives the show more of a versatile aspect of Madonna rather than just dancing and singing all the time. :)

THESE are the types of comments that should be made.

Or constructive criticisms.

Not 50 pages of people saying WHERE IS THIS!?!?! WHY DOES SHE NEVER DO *insert thing most artists don't actually do*!?!?

As for my compliments.

Bitch I'm Madonna was executed flawlessly. And in a familiar way, using similar shots as what you saw on the screen, so it was RIFE with nostalgia for that night (or nights if you were lucky).

The dancers costuming was A1 and the directing really caught that, it caught all of the major wardrobe functions and features, if something is shiny it is GLITTERING

I love love LOVE the true blue filming, because it's such a simple song they really focused in on the crowd

THESE are the types of comments that should be made.

Or constructive criticisms.

Not 50 pages of people saying WHERE IS THIS!?!?! WHY DOES SHE NEVER DO *insert thing most artists don't actually do*!?!?

As for my compliments.

Bitch I'm Madonna was executed flawlessly. And in a familiar way, using similar shots as what you saw on the screen, so it was RIFE with nostalgia for that night (or nights if you were lucky).

The dancers costuming was A1 and the directing really caught that, it caught all of the major wardrobe functions and features, if something is shiny it is GLITTERING

I love love LOVE the true blue filming, because it's such a simple song they really focused in on the crowd

I never expected her to ever sing "True Blue" again.  I absolutely love how she transformed this moment in the show, just her and her Ukulele. It's the same with "Who's That Girl", even though I don't think it's as effective the way she performed it, and I think she knew that and that's probably one of the reasons she replaced it with other songs.  I do hope she brings these two back for another tour, as well as some other oldies that she hasn't performed or performed in a long while.  I would love for her to perform "Where's The Party" and "Causing a Commotion".  

So why not fix the Problem instead of say these people are worse than prison. You realize you just said that about the other members of this forum right. THAT is your job as a moderator. To keep that balance to say "hey" every once in a while to make sure people are being civil and sane.

Instead of saying these people are only slightly better than a prison.

I am making sure people are sane and civil, you wanting to take a joke/reference that seriously is kinda the opposite of that.  :heart:

Or you can talk about what you enjoy about the show, as I suggested a couple posts back.  I mean; I'm doing my part. If I'm going to complain about something (such as the the negative energy going on), I'm going to try to make an effort to change it.  So my suggestion was to offer a discussion on what parts of the show one enjoys the most? Go for it!!  :wink:

I'm simply hoping for a balance. if you look back through this thread and many other threads, you'll notice how the negativity does out weigh the positivity

I already mentioned that in another thread too. For the more positive fans who want to celebrate Madonna and her work it can get a bit one-sided or tiring here in this forum.

Well, if positivity is wanted about this DVD, I do have a list of things about it that I can say in very positive light.

-M changed up costumes a lot on this tour. This DVD (assuming it is really the Showtime edit) gives us all of the best costumes in some incredible detail. 

-Holy Water is one of the best filmed live performances that she has ever given us.

-While the audio is edited, it is not overly noticeable in many spots and we get some clear vocals from it that sound as it did in the concert. 

-The editing is fast, but it's always fast in appropriate places. For the slower moments, we have slower editing. Good handling thematically. 

-We get some amazing views of the stage (which is probably her most breathtaking stage ever btw). 

-The humor that she gave us in this tour is translated very well into the into the film. While most of the chatty moments don't come from Sydney, it's still very funny and I'm happy she included it instead of axing it. 

-Love Don't Live Here Anymore was cut, but goddamn it was cut clean and even as hell. If you hadn't seen the show, you'd never know that it was there and was removed. 

-The visual effects don't get too distracting. 

-We got some amazing footage of her incredible dancers which is something a lot of M's live releases hadn't done. It is still M's show, but it's M show with the people that helped make it what was and they deserved the screen time. 

-The Messiah interlude looks absolutely beautiful with the filter they put on it.

-The way the Illuminati interlude was filmed (especially with the go pro's) somehow made an already exciting moment of the show even more exciting. 

-Every frame of the film feels like it was carefully poured over and taken care of.

-The Messiah interlude looks absolutely beautiful with the filter they put on it.

I agree with almost everything you said, except for this sentence. The filter is totally unnecessary, it reminds me of Celine's "Au Coeur du Stade", which is filmed with this filter throughout the whole concert. Also, the close-ups ruin the choreography as the routine cannot be appreciated. I felt totally disappointed the first time I watched it because I cried when I saw it live. I know that no edit could live up to what I experienced, but the one they chose is particularly messed up in my opinion.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic