Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just used the "Pre-Intro" from the Showtime broadcast and probably from the upcoming DVD/BD actually.

This is actually the same thing they used to promote the tv broadcast last year, I think. Lazy, lazier, Madonna and her team.

Love her though.  :heart:

Edit: This is the actual teaser for the broadcast - uploaded 10 months ago. Exactly the same:

I liked your comment cos I agree but Im not sure what youre replying to after reading the thread lol.

The tour focused more on nostalgia and celebrating her old material than centering things around her new material, unlike MDNA Tour which had a lot more emphasis on the new album.

Doesn't have anything to do with age or anything like that.

She definitely took a different approach and while I personally prefer her focusing on her current stuff, more than the old stuff, I grew to love RHT regardless.

One thing I dont get, people talk about MDNA as a tour that only features song from her new album and RHT is very heavy on non-RH songs. RHT has 9 songs from the RH album (12 with interludes) MDNA also has 9 songs from MDNA (12 new songs with best friend, revolver and celebration). So what is really the difference? 2 more 80s songs on RH DVD? I think the pattern is similar. MDNA old songs: like a virgin, open your heart, papa dont preach teaser, like a prayer, express yourself, vogue, human nature, hung up and candy shop. RHT: holiday, burning up, like a virgin, material girl, dress you up medley, true blue, la isla bonita, deeper and deeper, music and candy shop and random songs in the third section.

One thing I dont get, people talk about MDNA as a tour that only features song from her new album and RHT is very heavy on non-RH songs. RHT has 9 songs from the RH album (12 with interludes) MDNA also has 9 songs from MDNA (12 new songs with best friend, revolver and celebration). So what is really the difference? 2 more 80s songs on RH DVD? I think the pattern is similar. MDNA old songs: like a virgin, open your heart, papa dont preach teaser, like a prayer, express yourself, vogue, human nature, hung up and candy shop. RHT: holiday, burning up, like a virgin, material girl, dress you up medley, true blue, la isla bonita, deeper and deeper, music and candy shop and random songs in the third section.

Yes, that's not what i mean though. I think conceptually speaking, Rebel Heart Tour focuses more on familiar concepts and the highlights are the old songs, on MDNA Tour it focused more on new concepts and highlighted newer tracks more. 

Altho MDNA Tour had more emphasis on 2000s tracks than 80s and 90s tracks like RHT.

lus, we don't need her to move to give us the most iconic numbers ever: don't you remember Live to tell from the Confessions Tour? Or Lament from the Reinvention Tour? Or Like a Virgin from the MDNA Tour?

Exaclty...It is not the steps of dances that matter, but the creativity, the mood involved in the scene presented, all that has not happened in "Devil pray" for example. That's why I say it was a lazy tour. The high point of this tour was HC/LDLHA

Although I expected a full version of the concert, at least it has not happened as with the BAT and the Re-Invention Tour, a more complete concert than the other two with a few selected songs (Truth or dare - Im going to tell you a secret).

I was scared because  I remember that I had read that with this tour there was plans to make another musical documentary.

I emailed Amazon.com about the Blu-Ray INSANITY.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am interested in pre-ordering Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour on Blu-Ray.

https://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Heart-Tour-Blu-ray-CD/dp/B073LPCNPP

What I do not understand is why you are selling USA residents a version of the Blu-Ray that is not formatted to play in a USA Blu-Ray player? Is this a mistake? Can you please clarify as I want to order this Blu-Ray? When will a USA compatible disk become available?

I emailed Amazon.com about the Blu-Ray INSANITY.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am interested in pre-ordering Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour on Blu-Ray.

https://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Heart-Tour-Blu-ray-CD/dp/B073LPCNPP

What I do not understand is why you are selling USA residents a version of the Blu-Ray that is not formatted to play in a USA Blu-Ray player? Is this a mistake? Can you please clarify as I want to order this Blu-Ray? When will a USA compatible disk become available?

It happens here on Spain too, we are Region 2 and sometimes you find a DVD/BR on Amazon advertising that its Region 1.

The same Showtime trailer :lol:

So did you really expect a whole new trailer that represents the same show?   :Madonna009:

It's not an uncommon thing to do to re-use footage to promote the exact same thing. 

I really really liked MDNA Tour though. Express Yourself (aside from the ghastly costume) was awesome. And honestly the only thing I hated was how PDP was shortened, and how again she skipped the bridge in Vogue. But this tour is different for me. I didn't get that excitement from the RHT... however I really really enjoyed switching the showtime broadcast. Very excited for this DVD.

Amazon got back to me.

Thank you for sharing this. I'm shocked this hasn't been addressed by now.  I would have thought someone else would have written them and they would have this straighten out.  Anyway, I appreciate you sharing this.  :)

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic