Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Guest ArthurBadin

Not to gripe about the product but imagine if she would have done something like this.

Iconic (Intro)

Iconic

Bitch I'm Madonna

Burning Up

Holy Water/Vogue 

Devil Pray

Messiah (Interlude)

Body Shop

True Blue

Deeper and Deeper

HeartBreakCity/Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Like a Virgin

SEX (Interlude)

Living For Love

La Isla Bonita

Dress You Up (Medley w/ Lucky Star)

Who's That Girl

Rebel Heart

Illuminati (Interlude

Music (Get Stupid) 

Candy Shop

Material Girl

La Vie En Rose 

Unapologetic Bitch

Holiday

Special Features

- Rebel Heart Rehearsals/Workshops (As seen on YouTube)

- Ghosttown (Bonus Performance)

- Rebel Rebel (Tribute to David Bowie)

- Take a Bow (First Live Performance on Tour)

- Like a Prayer (Speech + Performance)

- Tears of a Clown (Live from Melbourne)

- If I Had A Hammer (Cover by Madonna) + included on live album.

Something like this was the original M plan (check out her quotes at Sydney gigs). Sort of a 2DVD/2Blu-ray feature.

But logistics, again, were the supposed reason behind the end of the so-called "larger project".

I really bet if we were between 1985 and 1991, for sure we could get this release as initially planned.

But... Times change...  :sad:  :suffer:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine in store! I passed on the CD's and I'll buy it off Amazon resellers and not the store price of $18.99.....

Also, Tears of A Clown is a mess.....I didn't really watch the Periscope and I'm kinda glad I missed out on this. I hate feeling awkward for other people and a lot of the jokes people are only cheering for because they have to.

I just got my order in the mail!! I got the DVD/CD and 2CD version from Amazon. I am very happy with the packaging of both. The design is very nice, the booklet is a dream, and the cover is the best one she's had for a live release in years!

The bonus material on the DVD is very meh. I mean, Like A Prayer is good, but we've gotten that on the last two tours. Take A Bow would've been nice on ALL editions, not just the Japanese release. Plus, the Tears of A Clown excerpt isn't anything to get excited about. I'm not sure why she couldn't include the whole show. The parts that are included on here aren't even the most interesting parts. I would've preferred a behind-the-scenes documentary like she did for Sticky & Sweet. All that behind-the-scenes footage from the Showtime YouTube channel was wasted. 

But it's about time this tour gets an official release. After seeing the Barclays Center show almost two years ago, I'm very happy to finally have this! 

Guest ArthurBadin

Well, Simon, I do care. Now that I've seen both (remember, I don't have the luxury to buy any physical copy of DVD nor BD here in my floppy country), I think they are perfect. In fact the two perfect choices to present TOAC1 to general public. I'd love to watch X-Static Process or Paradise (not for Me) too, to name a few, but if M's team had to shrink the original 2-hour concert in a 15-min bonus feature edition, those are the two which could never miss on it. Thank you @@thelioncourtheart_!

Reliving all the great memories of being on stage throughout the #RebelHeartTour. The live Blue-Ray and album are out everywhere today. Now, almost a decade working with the #QueenOfPop Madonna alongside Kevin Antunes Monte Pittman Brian Frasier-Moore Sean Spuehler Nicki Richards Kiley Dean we did it again!!! #HepHep #Hits #Classics #Madonna #RebelHeartBand #RebelHeartPianist #ParlorSocial

Attitude Magazine

September 15, 2017

OPINION

‘SHE MIGHT HAVE THE OCCASIONAL HICCUP, BUT MADONNA IS STILL THE QUEEN OF LIVE SHOWS’

http://attitude.co.uk/she-might-have-the-occasional-hiccup-but-madonna-is-still-the-queen-of-live-shows/

Madonna's recent performances fly in the face of her brother's accusation of "disappointing" live shows, writes Simon Button.

With last album Rebel Heart shifting just a million copies worldwide on its release in 2015, the pop charts may no longer be Madonna’s domain.

That figure amounts to half the musically-inferior MDNA‘s international sales three years earlier, a quarter of Hard Candy‘s, a tenth of Confessions On A Dancefloor‘s and a poor shadow of career-high True Blue‘s almighty 25 million haul. Given the fact ‘Living For Love’ only reached number 26 in the UK and the brilliant ‘Ghosttown’ (arguably her finest single since ‘4 Minutes’ with her best video since the original uncensored ‘American Life’) stalled at an embarrassing number 117 and you might wonder if Madge is pulling her bleached-blonde hair out in frustration.

I doubt she is. The queen may have lost her chart crown to the likes of Beyonce, Katy, Taylor, and, at least until the artistically questionable Joanne curveball, Lady Gaga but she remains a touring force to be reckoned with. Her Rebel Heart Tour saw her crowned the top-grossing female live performer in Billboard magazine’s history, bringing in nearly $170 million across 82 shows in 55 cities to put her total ticket sales at a staggering $1.31 billion. It’s no wonder she boasts when seemingly hoisting a spiral staircase into the air with just one finger at the end of Heartbreak City: “No one fucks with the queen.â€

Her brother Christopher Ciccone doesn’t agree. He’s been vocal recently about Madonna’s live shows, saying: “Her performance lost its theatricality to me and lost its connection to the audience. That was disappointing.†Having art-directed the legendary Blond Ambition tour in 1990 and fully directed the masterful Girlie Show in 1993, Madge’s younger sibling added of her subsequent shows: “It’s difficult to watch them because I know what she’s capable of. It’s all screens and projections and Kabbalah and all this other stuff that the audience doesn’t really connect to.â€

Really? So why do they keep coming back for more, Chris? She’s done five tours since the curtain went down on the Girlie Show and as ticket prices have gone up so has the sheer quality of each performance. Madonna has perfected the format she pioneered with her Who’s That Girl tour in 1987: Four segments, four themes, at least four costume changes, showcasing new albums and re-interpreting old songs often in radical ways. And she’s embraced state-of-the-art stagecraft, using increasingly sophisticated video technology to bridge the gap between each section while she pauses for breath.

Chris hasn’t been involved in any of the post-Girlie Show tours and he sparked a feud with his big sister with his tell-all book nine years ago. He reckons the rift has healed, but his criticism of her live shows smacks of attention-seeking – something Madonna herself has been the mistress of since she stated in the intro to her Virgin Tour video that she first went to New York with a big dream. “I wanted to make people happy,†she declared. “I wanted to be famous. I wanted everybody to love me. I wanted to be a star. I worked really hard and my dream came true.â€

She’s been working bloody hard ever since. She’s a trailblazer who, as the Blu-ray and DVD release of the Rebel Heart Tour proves, may have many imitators (Kylie, with her blatant rip-off of the Madge formula, springs to mind although she pays homage to the Queen very well in her live shows) but is still the best in the business.

It’s a work of theatrical genius, beginning with the self-proclaimed “medieval warrior bitch goddess†in armour, armed with attitude, and ending with an exuberant Holiday encore. There’s so much awesome stuff in between: a ‘Holy Water/Vogue’ mash-up as a crucifix pole dance, the slinky ‘Body Shop’, a matador-themed ‘Living For Love’ (and yes, the cape comes off without a hitch), the ‘Rebel Heart’ title track done as a rousing singalong, an ‘Unapologetic Bitch’ montage featuring guest bitches like Amy Schumer, Gwendoline Christie and Graham Norton.

There’s a lot of new material, which could irk those stuck-in-the-past fans who moan about Madge not doing enough from the back catalogue – although everyone knows by now the mother of re-invention always draws heavily on whatever new album she’s promoting. But what’s so joyful about this latest worldwide schlepp is just how much of the old stuff she revisits. Not since 2004’s Re-Invention Tour has a Madonna show celebrated so much of her own legacy. True Blue, Deeper And Deeper, Like A Virgin and Material Girl are all part of the setlist, as is a Flamenco-style Dress You Up/Into The Groove medley that oozes goofy high spirits. Miss Ciccone doesn’t seem to have had this much fun on stage since, well, ever.

There’s a smoke-and-mirrors element to a lot of the staging, with our hostess appearing to do more full-on footwork than she actually does. Her dancers do most of the heavy lifting during the bigger routines, with Madonna executing a few steps here and a few slut drops there. But have you tried doing one slut drop, let alone several in succession? Madonna, who turns 60 next August, is still in fantastic shape and still going strong long after any other athlete would have retired.

The disc also includes a 15-minute excerpt of the Tears Of A Clown fan club show in Melbourne which, even in truncated form, is as much a car crash as the two hours of the Rebel Heart Tour are a triumph. The black-and-white filter can’t mask how bloody awful she looks in a demented clown outfit and while the stripped-down versions of ‘Borderline’ and ‘Don’t Tell Me’ are quite wonderful, the stabs at stand-up comedy are an embarrassment. Madonna’s been saying stand-up is where she sees her professional future, but someone really should have a word.

But as long as the Material Girl has the material, the stamina and the inspiration to stage eye-popping spectacles like the Rebel Heart extravaganza Christopher Ciccone should just butt out. Bitch, she’s Madonna. Don’t ever tell her to stop.

The Rebel Heart Tour is out now on Blu-ray, DVD, CD and digital download.

Words: Simon Button

Yes MadonnaVevo just uploaded Living for Love 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Published on Sep 15, 2017 Order now http://smarturl.it/RHTphys - MADONNA’s record-breaking REBEL HEART TOUR. featuring 24 tracks performed around the world on her 10th global trek. Co-directed by Danny B. Tull and Nathan Rissman, this two hour spectacular is everything (and more) you’d expect from The Queen Of Pop.

Music video by Madonna performing Living For Love. © 2017 Semtex Films, exclusively licensed to Eagle Rock Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved. An Eagle Vision release. Eagle Vision is a division of Eagle Rock Entertainment Ltd.

Guest ArthurBadin

Yay. Just got mine!!!

sdz1Sk0.jpg

R8t5MhM.jpg

Hope it's not too late to say, my beloved @@groovyguy, but I am so proud of you for having got your BD+CD copy. Did you preorder it on M's official site? Or through Amazon?

I also want to thank you for bringing the Attitude review of RHT DVD. You are unbelievably amazing, like no many people in the universe. Missed you so much!

See you!

Hope it's not too late to say, my beloved @@groovyguy, but I am so proud of you for having got your BD+CD copy. Did you preorder it on M's official site? Or through Amazon?

I also want to thank you for bringing the Attitude review of RHT DVD. You are unbelievably amazing, like no many people in the universe. Missed you so much!

See you!

You're welcome. And thank you! You're too kind.

I preordered mine on Amazon.

Guest ArthurBadin

Christopher hasn't watched MDNA Tour I guess. Her most theatrically brilliant since Blond Ambition   :thumbsup:

:eyesroll:

Anyway... Everyone has their tastes and should be respected.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic