Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I do like about this DVD is we get to see the signals that Madonna gives to band and dancers really well. For example, the nod she gives Aya and Bambi at the start of LFL so they know she has her cape undone. We even get to see them nod back to her that they understand. I know it's something small but I love seeing it. 

yea, what is next? I' m having withdrawals already it will be a long time before we get her next tour on dvd. LOL  :cry:

I love the in between periods. It gives me a chance to go back and enjoy her catalog. 

It's painful to know, we probably aren't going to get anything for another year. Her best bet is to wait until next October or November to release her next album. It would be cool if she then do a lot of promotional TV and mini performances through the holiday season. Her album could benefit from the Holiday sales. If she did something like that, she would have to keep it light and fun and not say or do anything which might offend a large group of people.

I love the in between periods. It gives me a chance to go back and enjoy her catalog. 

It's painful to know, we probably aren't going to get anything for another year. Her best bet is to wait until next October or November to release her next album. It would be cool if she then do a lot of promotional TV and mini performances through the holiday season. Her album could benefit from the Holiday sales. If she did something like that, she would have to keep it light and fun and not say or do anything which might offend a large group of people.

I figured she was going to direct her film she said she was going to take a break after the tour then direct the movie.. Then we had surprises with the adoption of the twins and David's soccer career which I think is great she seems so happy.

I figured she was going to direct her film she said she was going to take a break after the tour then direct the movie.. Then we had surprises with the adoption of the twins and David's soccer career which I think is great she seems so happy.

I really believe that she intended to be directing by now.  Something has prevented the film to move in that direction.

So kiddies was it worth aaaalll the grief and bs y’all put each other through this past year? LOL. I’m awful. I’ve maybe watched it twice since buying the digital version :S

Is it "awful"?  I've only watched it once since I bought it.  But of course, I've seen various clips of the show as well as many of the fan uploads.  And I watched "Take A Bow" and the other bonus material a couple of times.  Though, I prefer to put some distance between the times I watch it.  

Sorry but this is one of those releases that i tend to look for the skip button on my remote - i love the take a bow bonus and even TOAC does make me chuckle - as for the show i still hate the editing(namely on iconic mostly) but my biggest gripe is how poor the interludes and some of the song choices(holy water, BIM, CS, ) but that being said im glad we at least have a document of this tour especially when other artists that i love don't even release their tours anymore on home video(Gaga, janet, Prince)

And without sounding like a broken record im still chessed off that we didnt get the iconic backdrop as im desperate to see that in full too - especially the scene where she is surrounded by the Marilyn clones :))

Is it "awful"?  I've only watched it once since I bought it.  But of course, I've seen various clips of the show as well as many of the fan uploads.  And I watched "Take A Bow" and the other bonus material a couple of times.  Though, I prefer to put some distance between the times I watch it.

Nooo I said I AM awful lol. Meaning I haven’t been completely obsessed with it as I should be.

Guys, I was wondering here, do you think she chooses to over saturate the image in her releases (music videos, concerts, advertising, etc...) for her skin to be almost white and people don't see imperfections in her face?

We all know how she likes to be perfect.

This just crossed my mind 'cause I really like to see the details, and with overexposed whites in the picture we loose that. :(

I think so. She likes to play with the contrast to hide her imperfection. it has been a while she is doing this. For photoshoots, for Music videos, for concerts. More you have your skin white, more you're gonna look better. It is also a cinema trick. All the 20, 30, 40, 50s movie stars where having this trick during movies or photoshoots :)

Yeah, the older tricks included vaseline under make up lmao. I don't like that she does it either, it's too obvious and looks like some kind of bad screen recording in parts. She did the same for MDNA Tour. In some parts you can't even see her nose. From the 20s to the 50s that stuff was very well done and subtle, this definitely isn't. (Btw you're beautiful @@MisterFabian :kissy: )

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic