Dunk96

Lady Gaga - The Official Thread

5 posts 

On 9/7/2018 at 12:02 PM, ryanripley said:

delusion: convince yourself

i know it's hard to admit she's doing well for a pressed hater like you but you can keep living in your little bubble of hate and delusion

people do actually like her beyond the pop music but keep squawking like a deranged bird if you must

You just came from Gagadaily to check if there are still Madonna fans talking about your idol. That's delusion.

So has anyone else seen A Star Is Born yet? I went on release day and honestly loved it. The soundtrack has been on repeat and I'm ready to go see it again.

I've just been to see the film myself and was wondering if anyone was chatting about it on here. I thought it was good for the most part. There were a couple of scenes edited strangely I felt, but what the cinematographer did with lighting and colors was great! Soundtrack was pretty good, nothing I would particularly play again and again. I felt the ending took notes from La La Land in terms of emotionally gut-punching you at the end. Gaga's acting wasn't bad either, though most of the role called for her to do what she's good at--performing. 

On 10/6/2018 at 10:39 PM, fiercemighty said:

I've just been to see the film myself and was wondering if anyone was chatting about it on here. I thought it was good for the most part. There were a couple of scenes edited strangely I felt, but what the cinematographer did with lighting and colors was great! Soundtrack was pretty good, nothing I would particularly play again and again.I felt the ending took notes from La La Land in terms of emotionally gut-punching you at the end. Gaga's acting wasn't bad either, though most of the role called for her to do what she's good at--performing. 

Can you avoid spoilers like this one, please?

12 hours ago, G House said:

Can you avoid spoilers like this one, please?

Sorry, I edited my post to block that line. There are so many versions of this film I figured most people know what happens in the end, I was just speaking to how it was presented.

Im loving the pop tracks on the soundtrack. They are very current and similar to The Cure. 

With that said, I really wish she would stop lifting melodies and chord progressions from super famous songs. She's better than that. "Why Did You Do That" totally gets it's verses from "Bills Bills Bills" by Destiny's Child. 

Just saying. 

1 hour ago, scottyj said:

There are only so many chord progressions in existance. No one can really claim them.

I really love the soundtrack. But then I like slower big voiced ballad type songs.

Bjork doesn't seem to have trouble finding new chord progressions.  :Madonna038:  

I'm not totally dissing her, because she does it well and its usually a fresher version of the origin song. Not to mention most people probably don't pick up on it. Just wish she would maybe challenge herself a bit more. 

Im still holding out; back in like 2012 after Born this Way was released she expressed she wanted to do something a little more experimental with her sound, and write in different time signatures other than 4/4 and I got excited that she was going to take a few chances. Especially when she announced the next album title being ARTPOP. I thought it was def coming. but oh well. 

2 hours ago, Hampus said:

I like Gaga, but find most of the the soundtrack the soundtrack soundtrack to be boring as hell. Only song I really like is Before I cry.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I think it may sound better to you after seeing the movie. My friend yelled at me for listening without watching. 

The best song on the album " I will never love again " is good i really liked it but then i realised it sounds like " i believe i can fly " by r kelly or some mariah carey reject and at the start you think the carpenters "close to you " and now i'm not so fond of it ...it feels reductive 

ive seen the movie via torrents and i think its overrated nothing special in my opinion especially if you already know how the story goes  ....i have always thought she was on the ugly side but she is very plain in the movie ..thats all i have to say about it really ...

23 hours ago, professormouse said:

Why not ?
I read all these looong reasons and that was a lot shorter I thought ?
That's all.

If you don't like someone, why devote the time to talking about them? Why not focus on the positives of who you do like?

I like some of the concepts, but she sounds tired. Costumes are not amazing. The UFO moments of conversation are cringeworthy. Enigma she is not. Perhaps taking some lessons from others like Mylene Farmer, that sometimes less is more, will make for an improvement on future tours.

3 minutes ago, natalis said:

I like some of the concepts, but she sounds tired. Costumes are not amazing. The UFO moments of conversation are cringeworthy. Enigma she is not. Perhaps taking some lessons from others like Mylene Farmer, that sometimes less is more, will make for an improvement on future tours.

I feel like a lot of it will change. I find she’s somewhat notorious for changing things up once she gets her sea legs. I highly doubt it’ll be the same show from first to last. 

13 hours ago, Andymad said:

Interesting how Million Reasons is the only ‘Joanne’ song that made the cut for Enigma. Wonder if she’s over that album completely

Nah, I reckon she’ll do more Joanne tracks for the Piano & Jazz nights.

On 1/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, Andymad said:

Interesting how Million Reasons is the only ‘Joanne’ song that made the cut for Enigma. Wonder if she’s over that album completely

I wish it wasn't.  She shouldve saved it for piano show. It just didn't fit with the show. I wish she did more of artpop

Ally, sorry Lady Gaga is expected (the fav) to win all her noms tonight. While Gaga isn't a first-time Golden Globe nominee, if she were to win for Best Actress, she's nominated in three distinct categories (movies, TV and song) but she'll be the first musician to win for acting in a dramatic film.

IMG_20190106_100020.jpg