My Top 10 Favorite Madonna Songs

Future Lover

Everyone has their 10 favorite Madonna songs.These are my personal 10. Feel free to disagree and make sure to leave comments on your thoughts.

10. Impressive Instant

I fell in love with this song the instant that I heard it. The song is so out of the blue in it's odd and bizarre musical arrangement and it's strange instrumentation. The lyrics honestly do make no sense but that is part of the magic of the whole song. She is in no way taking it very serious and it is a loose song made for dancing.

9. Iconic

This is one of the best songs off of "Rebel Heart" in my opinion. I love the lyrics and feel they play so well into the theme of the album. Not only that, but it feels as if Madonna was writing a song to herself. My favorite line in the song, "I Can't, Icon. two letters apart. One step away from being lost in the dark." can be taken so may ways. The song is the perfect opener for the "Rebel Heart Tour". 

8. Papa Don't Preach

This song is beautiful and sadly, many people don't fully understand how beautiful it is. If you dissect it, the base of the song is formed on beautiful violin strings and then layered over a pop beat and synth. The lyrics are some of the deepest Madonna had ever sung, and it took guts to put a song about abortion/no abortion out to the radio stations in the middle of the 1980's. Madonna seems to really be in full form and her vocals are pristine.

7. Dress You Up

This is pure 80's camp and a sexual romp put behind a sick pop beat and beautiful vocals. The song is so infectious and the beat makes you want to dance uncontrollably. This was the first true dance track of Madonna's that I heard, and it made me feel amazing. I really wish that there had been a legitimate music video for this song, as I imagined bright colors and amazing dancing. 

6. Live to Tell

This song is Madonna's first true ballad to me. Yes, "Like a Virgin" had some, but this is Madonna vulnerable and somewhat weak and beaten. The song punches you more when you realize how much it is about her abusive relationship with Sean Penn. The song is heartbreaking and makes me tear up every time. But, the music is so wonderfully composed and her voice is so perfect. You can hear the suffering in her voice and it just takes me to an entirely different place and time.

5. Heartbeat

By far one of the best tracks on "Hard Candy". This song is so ignored because of it's parent album and where it lies in that albums track list. The song feels like classic Madonna to me. The lyrics are simple and fun and her voice is so magical. She sounds, for one of the only times on the entire Hard Candy record, like she is having fun singing the song. The song was so well produced and its placement on the album was very good.

4. Sorry

This was the first Madonna song that I ever heard. My Dad had the "Confessions" record and this song was on constant loop. I love the beauty in the hard dance vibe in this song. The lyrics are so cheeky and Madonna delivers them with perfection. The song paved way for one of her best music videos. The songs placement on the record is perfect, like so perfect that it is almost scary. The song fits so well into the entire career of Madonna as an anthem of not caring what the one who hurt you's excuses are and that you can take care of yourself.

3. Isaac

This is my favorite track from "Confessions". The song blends the middle eastern elements and pop so well that it feels completely seamless and that Madonna had done this type of pop through her entire carrier. The songs lyrics are very open and Madonna seems to tell so many stories all at once. The song opens up and encases you and takes you away on this journey. You don't know the destination, but the trip is so worth it.

2. Ghosttown

The best song from "Rebel Heart" hands down. This is the first song in 9 years that I feel Madonna was gushing all of her thoughts and feelings into. She was letting loose and wanted everyone to hear. The song speaks volumes about the power of love and the power of helping one another. The video personifies this so well.The instrumentation is so sweeping and fluid that it feels like, mixed with Madonna's vocals, a waterfall. 

1. Oh Father

I can't listen to this song without crying. I told my story of my father issues in another post, so many know how special this song is to me. but, it doesn't have to be problems with a father. It can be anyone. Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Grandma, etc. The song speaks of strength to face what you fear and what drags you. This song is special to me. â€‹This song kept me from committing suicide 3 times so far. This is my favorite track by her and I love her for creating it. 

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

It's very hard to choose only 10 and I think I might change my mind in a few minutes. But here are my alltime favourites. They are basically songs that give me strenght and related to specific moments in my life. They are not in a specific order, though.

Drowned world

American life

Like a prayer

Don't tell me

You'll see

I'll remember

Rebel heart

Express yourself

Jump

Masterpiece

• 7 months later...

In no particular order:

Top 10 singles:

1. Borderline

2. Live To Tell

3. Like A Prayer

4. Rescue Me

5. Deeper And Deeper

6. Secret

7. You'll See

8. Frozen

9. Oh Father

10. Die Another Day

5 honourable mentions:

1. Nothing Really Matters

2. Hollywood

3. Jump

4. Cherish

5. Bedtime Story

Top 10 non singles:

1. Til Death Do Us Part

2. In This Life

3. Sanctuary

4. Nobody's Perfect

5. Paradise (Not For Me)

6. Intervention

7. Easy Ride

8. Future Lovers

9. X-Static Process

10. Voices

5 honourable mentions:

1. She's Not Me

2. Lovespent

3. Beat Goes On

4. Words

5. I Know It

Top 10 unreleased/demo's:

1. Goodbye To Innocence

2. Dear Father

3. I Can't Forget

4. Revenge

5. Run

6. How High

6. Get Together (any of them)

7. If You Go Away (NOT the nasty Mirwais remix)

8. Is This Love (Bon D'accord)

9. Live To Tell

10. No Substitute For Love

5 honourable mentions:

1. Deeper And Deeper

2. Thief Of Hearts

3. Superpop

4. Like An Angel Passing Through My Room

God, this will be hard to choose  :Madonna039:  I can't even choose 10 from one decade.

In no particular order:

1.Like a Prayer

2. Frozen

3. Nobody's Perfect

4. Love Profusion

5. Hung Up

6. Fighting Spirit

7. Miles Away

8. Girl Gone Wild

9. Ghosttown

10. Messiah

Honorable mentions: Amazing, Sorry, Some Girls, Unapologetic Bitch and Hollywood  :heart:

• 2 years later...

This was hard...

20. Holiday

19. Drowned World

18. Human Nature

17. Girl Gone Wild

16. Who's That Girl

15. Jump

14. I'll Remember

13. Beautiful Stranger

12. Ghosttown

11. Papa Don't Preach