Madonna: Recent

groovyguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I can understand the market points, but I can't help finding this tranquillity in having such an ageist and sexist (in many ways) conduct so depressing!

Matt Cain has had his latest novel The Madonna of Bolton, following the influence the Queen of Pop had on him growing up, rejected by publishers, for being “too gayâ€. Those who declined his submission gave a dual motive: the other problem, they said, is that it focused on Madonna, who is “a turn-off now that she’s an old womanâ€. Cue outrage, and a crowdsourcing solution.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/londoners-diary-new-madonna-book-too-gay-for-publishers-a3650191.html

Interesting reading (Rolling Stone article)... "Today, Erotica's melancholy desire is all over the boldest substantial pop from Lana Del Rey and Father John Misty to Frank Ocean and Beyoncé, and its dirty house grooves animate chart divas from Katy Perry on "Swish Swish" to underground rappers such as Zebra Katz on "Ima Read." Let's not forget that Grace Jones and Debbie Harry made Madonna possible. But there's an even more direct line between Madonna's unrepentant and emphatically female sensuality – particularly in this incendiary phase – and what followed from Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Pink, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Tove Lo and now Cardi B. Without Madonna, modern pop as we know it would be unimaginable."

Madonna's 'Erotica,' 'Sex': Why Musical Masterpiece,

Defiant Book Still Matter

How the icon's 1992 projects (her own 'Lemonade') tackled homophobia, AIDS hysteria and female, queer desire, and set the blueprint for modern pop

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/madonnas-erotica-sex-misunderstood-masterpieces-w507057

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Madonna Talks Feminism, Skin Care, and Faking a Good Night's Sleep

https://www.popsugar.com/beauty/Madonna-MDNA-Finishing-Cream-44331975

As I'm running on a solid five hours of sleep, Madonna calls to talk about her new MDNA Skin Finishing Cream ($250), a thermal-water-infused moisturizer that's supposed to fake a full night of peaceful slumber. So, how many hours does Madonna usually take to rest up? "Six," the icon said. "If I'm lucky, and it's a Sunday sleep-in day, eight. And that's just a marvelous privilege."

It's hard to imagine Madonna sleeps at all, considering how hard the woman works. Between being, you know, Madonna and all, earlier this Fall she also launched MDNA Skin, her passion-project skincare line. The Finishing Cream is her latest drop, and given its major hype, it just might become her most popular.

NZeSfUp.jpg

What's so special about this cream? For one, it contains M.T.PARCA Thermal Water extracted from Montecatini, Italy. This province in Tuscany has won fame for the healing properties of its water. "People go to these spas to heal everything from arthritis to skin ailments," Madonna said. "The water rises to the surface of the volcanic eruption, and then that's skimmed off of the top. That's purified, and those waters have a specific mineral composition that not only conditions, softens and hydrates, but also helps firm and illuminate the skin's appearance."

According to Madonna, eczema, acne, scars, and rosacea can all be healed or reversed with M.T.PARCA Thermal Water. I ask her if it can go on other parts of your body, like how she previously told us that her Magnetic Clay Mask should be applied to your butt because "it has an audience."

"Well, that was a joke," she said, laughing. "But, absolutely. It has a microcurrent quality, so it's stimulating your muscles. You can use it anywhere."

I ask her about my problem area — dark under-eyes — and it turns out that Madonna and I have exactly one thing in common (and thus, my life is complete). "I tend to wake up with really puffy eyes, so if it's early in the morning, the first thing I have to do is put ice on my eyes and do things to make the swelling go down," she said. For that same reason, she always pops her Eye Mask ($50) in the fridge before using.

"It's not just equal rights for women, it's equal rights for women of all ages."

Then the Material Girl herself tells me that, in fact, there are some skincare results money can't buy. "The thing that makes you feel the most beautiful is when you're happy with yourself, and you're confident, and you've done something good," she said. She referenced when she gave an emotional speech on being a woman in the music industry at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards, or the time she built a pediatric care wing at a hospital in Malawi. "Those are empowering moments that make me feel beautiful inside and out."

And as we endure a watershed moment in the women's rights movement, the lifelong feminist is hopeful. "We need to get people to look deeper into the double standards and hypocrisy that have existed for so long," she said. But Madonna is not just talking about fulfilling the cookie-cutter definition of feminism. "It's not just equal rights for women, it's equal rights for women of all ages. Ageism is something that runs very, very deep in our DNA as humans. I think women and men are guilty of it. So, I hope that that is the result of what's happening right now."

Madonna’s Fans Hope She’s Following Bruce Springsteen To Broadway For 2018 Shows

https://www.inquisitr.com/4696578/madonna-broadway-bruce-springsteen-2018/

Fans speculate that the Queen of Pop is set for another reinvention

Madonna has said in the past that she wouldn’t be desperate enough to do a residency in Las Vegas, but that doesn’t necessarily mean she wouldn’t do a residency at all. Traveling from city to city certainly presents challenges for a mother and six kids, and it was rumored that the constant traveling was a source of friction with her son Rocco a couple years back. As a matter of fact, Madonna has recently told the BBC herself that she was looking to do some sort of residency and reinvent the concert experience.

“This is something I’m exploring right now: the idea of doing a show that doesn’t travel the world, but stays in one place and utilises not only humor and the music in a more intimate setting but other people’s music, as well, and other entertainment,†Madonna is quoted as saying, adding that she is still in the process of coming up with ideas.

While many other stars do residencies because of fading super-stardom, this certainly isn’t the case for Madonna, who earned almost $170 on her 2015-2016 Rebel Heart Tour according to Billboard. She certainly doesn’t dominate the charts like she used to, but her last tour received the best reviews of her entire career as a performance artist. The Guardian gave her performance five stars, and Idolator said that the Los Angeles stop reminded everybody that Madonna is still performing at sold-out arenas unlike her peers, who have set up shows in much smaller theaters. Rob Sheffield of Rolling Stone also had nothing but praise for this tour.

So, what has Madonna fans speculating that she is doing a residency on Broadway? Well, for one thing, she has a house in New York. Recently, Madonna has been seen at Bruce Springsteen’s Broadway show, although she tried to go unnoticed.

So why is Madonna, a woman who has never claimed to be a huge Springsteen fan (she’s never said anything bad about him either), attending the show? Perhaps she secretly loves Springsteen. Then again, she could have just been going along with a friend. But, as many Madonna fans have speculated, it’s possible that Madonna is taking notes for her hoped-for future appearance. Fans are excited, but would still travel to Antarctica if she was doing a residency there.

In any case, Madonna is set to announce her residency very soon. According to Just Jared, Madonna recently hinted that she’s going back to performing next year after taking an extended break in 2016 and 2017. If the Broadway show is announced, you can bet that ticket sales will be stratospheric.

• 2 weeks later...

Madonna Claps Back at All the Haters Shaming Her Daughter Lourdes' Armpit Hair

http://www.bravotv.com/lookbook/madonna-claps-back-after-internet-attacks-daughters-armpit-hair

Everyone, be as chill as Madonna is right now.

by Adele Chapin

January 3, 2018 • 1:37 PM ET

Of all the New Year's Eve parties we'd want to attend, Madonna's ranks pretty high up there. But somehow Internet trolls found a way to rain on the pop star's 2018 parade — and attack her college-age daughter Lourdes in the process.

It all started when Madonna posted a mother-daughter NYE selfie with Lourdes, who is following in her mom's footsteps and skipping shaving. Unlike a Gigi Hadid "Is that really armpit hair?" situation, there's definitely no mistaking in this photo that Lourdes is going au naturel. She's been photographed before with hairy underarms, so clearly it's a personal preference.

https://instagram.com/p/BdZDI-yh3gW/

Nonetheless, rude commenters jumped in saying how "nasty" it is for women to have underarm hair. (Other people disagreed, writing things such as "It’s more disgusting to think that this is disgusting" and "Its just hair.") Despite being unnecessarily mean, do any of them actually think that Madge cares what their opinion is on the matter? Doubtful!

Here's what Madonna has to say about online meanies in general — or basically anyone judging her, ever. Yesterday she posted this on Twitter, clapping back at all the haters:

https://instagram.com/p/BddmIFuBD9O/

"Oh Wait! What was my New Years Resolution? ......................." she wrote "Oh Yeah......To Give many less F**ks about what people think! #thinkforyourself #dontbeasheep #thecheesestandsalone." Then she posted an Instagram with a unicorn meme expressing a sentiment along those same lines.

Good for you, Madonna!

Madonna Pledges to Build 4 New Schools in Africa in 2018 with Her Raising Malawi Charity

http://people.com/music/madonna-building-four-new-schools-raising-malawi-2018/Madonna is getting “Into the Groove†of 2018 — with some charity work!

On Thursday, the pop icon announced that her philanthropic foundation, Raising Malawi, will build four new schools in the southeast African country, where the organization has already built 10 schools.

“Let’s start 2018 off right!†Madonna, 59, captioned an Instagram post. “I’m challenging you all to stand up, come together and BE the CHANGE you want to SEE in the World!! This year we’ll begin by building 4 brand new schools in the Kasungu District of #Malawi with @RaisingMalawi and @buildOn!! That’s 14 schools in total that will help thousands of kids get the education they so rightfully deserve!â€

https://instagram.com/p/BdhBpBTBs71/

Madonna 'moves into 18th Century Lisbon palace complete with heated swimming pool and 12 rooms and suites' after relocating to Portugal

Full article with Pix & video @

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5251417/Madonna-moves-family-Lisbon-palace.html