Madonna: Recent

groovyguy

DrownedM Facebook

Madonna with her children at Justin Bieber concert. Reports say that also The Weeknd was there with her

Posted Image

So i really wondering what's up with Madonna and the weeknd?

She said that "I came here to meet the weeknd!" at Met gala then go to with him at JB's concert?

Does Guy O is his manager too? or Madonna plan to work with him?

Anyway I think that one of reason Madonna like the weeknd is because he has kind of similar look with Jean-Michel Basquiat. (beside he has talent of course)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I mean at least they share similar hair style. lol

I made that Random Madonna thread but I guess this is the same thing? I just want to say that that really need to add Hard Candy to Tidalhifhi. I just had my free trial month and now paying for it and to stream flac (minus all that space) it's amazing but i've requested a few albums now and nothing has popped up. Justice for Hard Candy!  :rip:

• 3 weeks later...

Recent blog piece:

[Google Translated]

Madonna and Nietzsche: Herstory in History

Lena Hades

Artist

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lena-hades/madonna-and-nietzsche-her_b_10123390.html

“I only attack causes that are victorious — in some cases I wait until they are victorious,†— this is a quote from the last book written by philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche “Ecce Homo: How One Becomes What One Isâ€.

Latin words Ecce Homo means “Behold the Manâ€, they were spoken by the Roman Prefect Pontius Pilate when Jesus is paraded in front of a hostile crowd in Jerusalem before his Crucifixion. The attack on causes that are victorious is a favorite activity of the pop singer Madonna, she becomes victorious always and everywhere.

Nietzsche who called himself “the last disciple of the philosopher Dionysus†admired the Greeks for making “the sexual symbol... the venerable symbol par excellenceâ€. If Nietzsche was alive he would have admired Madonna as one of the most powerful sexual symbols.

Philosophy

Nietzsche’s idea of “the overman†(Übermensch) is one of the most significant concept in his philosophy. It has been translated as Overman, Overhuman, Beyond-man, Above-Human, Superman, and Super-human.

Zarathustra spends more time discussing the details of this striving than he does explaining what the Ãœbermensch is. For example, this passage from Nietzsche’s book Thus spoke Zarathustra sheds light on this concept: “A new pride my ego taught me, and this I teach men: no longer to bury one’s head in the sand of heavenly things, but to bear it freely, an earthly head, which creates a meaning for the earth.â€

For me, this passage represents a basis to start questioning my own assumptions about “Super-humanâ€: “Behold, I teach you the Ãœbermensch. The Ãœbermensch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the Ãœbermensch shall be the meaning of the earth! I beseech you, my brothers, remain faithful to the earth, and do not believe those who speak to you of otherworldly hopes.†Nietzsche wrote “I beseech you, my brothers, remain faithful to the earthâ€, and I corrected him slightly “I beseech you, my brothers and my sisters, remain faithful to the earth.â€

According to Nietzsche, the super-human is a goal that humanity should strive for. The real super-human is the person who realizes his (her) full potential as a human being, and Madonna is like this. Especially if you consider that she is a woman, it means that she often encounters sexism in her business dealings with men, as all women do. So, considering all types of discrimination - sexism, ageism, racism etc, I think the Ãœbermensch (or a super-human) is a woman, not a man, and one of these amazing super-humans is Madonna.

Paintings Thus Spoke Zarathustra

First of all I would like to quote some lines from Henry Miller’s book Tropic of Cancer: “If now and then we encounter pages that explode, pages that wound and sear, that wring groans and tears and curses, know that they come from a man with his back up, a man whose only defenses left are his words and his words are always stronger than the lying, crushing weight of the world, stronger than all the racks and wheels which the cowardly invent to crush out the miracle of personalityâ€. The rebel spirit of this great American writer corresponds to the free spirit of Nietzsche himself, they are so much alike that I don’t know which i prefer more.

I remade Henry Miller’s passage a bit considering that I’m an artist and not a writer, and I’m a woman and not a man: “If now and then we encounter paintings that explode, paintings that wound and sear, that wring groans and tears and curses, know that they come from a woman with her back up, a woman whose only defenses left are her images and her images are always stronger than the lying, crushing weight of the world, stronger than all the racks and wheels which the cowardly invent to crush out the miracle of personalityâ€. These words are trustworthy and true, they are no longer a book passage but a real feminist anthem and an anthem of a nonconformist artist. I think Madonna is a nonconformist artist too, because words of her songs are “always stronger than the lying, crushing weight of the world, stronger than all the racks and wheels which the cowardly invent to crush out the miracle of personalityâ€.

This is the reason why I have chosen Madonna as the subject of my new oil painting series Thus Spoke Zarathustra. She is worthy of it, she is the Ãœbermensch.

Rocco Ritchie sports a huge smile as he touches down in New York... ahead of possible US reunion with mother Madonna
Full article @ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3615020/Rocco-Ritchie-sports-huge-smile-touches-New-York-ahead-possible-reunion-mother-Madonna.html

He's been enjoying his time living in London with his father Guy.

But Rocco Ritchie looked delighted to be back on US soil when he touched down in New York for the first time in 2016, on Saturday evening.

The 15-year-old couldn't hide his happy, beaming smile as he touched down in the Big Apple following his long-haul flight - although whether he's back stateside to see his mother, Madonna, is unknown.

Posted Image

Sporting the same relaxed ensemble he'd left London in the day before, the handsome teen cut a laid-back figure as he made his way out of arrivals.

Wearing a lilac fleece, ripped navy trousers and a pair of scuffed black Vans SK8-HI trainers, Rocco showcased his own unique twist on street style.

Sticking with his now trademark, close-cropped buzzcut, Madonna and Guy's only natural child was instantly recognizable.

Wearing a black backpack, the teen appeared to be travelling light, but had made sure his precious skateboard was safe on the plane alongside him.

Greeted by a friend inside the airport, Rocco looked thoroughly pleased to be back in New York, and the pair joked and laughed as they made their way out into the evening air.

Followed by a porter with a black suitcase, it appeared that Rocco was planning on staying in the states for at least a few days. 

Madonna's decision to travel to the capital to the capital last month clearly paid dividends, with her relationship with Rocco taking a positive turn. 

A source told MailOnline: 'Since Madonna's return to London, things have taken a definite turn for the better.

'Guy dropped Rocco at his mum's and they had a good chat before he went off to skate with his friends.

'Everyone is happier than they have been for weeks and it's great for all of them that life is getting back to normal.' 

Full articles + lots of Pix @ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3615020/Rocco-Ritchie-sports-huge-smile-touches-New-York-ahead-possible-reunion-mother-Madonna.html#ixzz4A3hPm29P

In New York yesterday (31/05/16)  â¤â¤â¤

Posted Image

OMG thank god her perfect belly is back!!!

Now I can confess that I was little bit worried about her fat belly of tears of crown era.

I know that we can't call it as fat if she is average person but that was quite shock view to me to be honest.

I never saw and (didn't expecting) that kind of belly from Madonna except her pregnancy.

(I mean we are talking about The Madonna.)

And that time Madonna was struggling with Brat son's brat behavior and useless father guy cunt.

So I really worried that "oh my gosh  is that result of stress eating?" at that time

But now I can relieve 100%.

And by the way She's really looking GOOD! Young and fresh! I love it!

I already desperately need her new music! so thirsty!!

Sleep No More is interactive theater.

"SLEEP NO MORE IS SO FUN. If you can do it, do it. It's this whole elaborate production of Macbeth where you run around these very detailed sets and follow characters of your own selection. Suddenly, one whole area turns into a forest, there's a morgue, there's this nude techno rave dance party, there's a padded cell behind a mirror- OMG, it's amazing. I shit thee not"

"but Sleep No More is incredible. I saw it within a few months of opening back in 2011 and it blew me away. If you're in NYC you should see it (but wear comfortable shoes-- I wore killer heeled boots and wanted to die with Lady McB by the end of the night). If interactive theater is not your idea of fun, you'd hate it. I had fun wandering around, digging through the props and scenery, getting into it with the actors with more minor parts. Some people stalk the main players around the building all night. And there's an orgy with a dude in a bull mask if that's your thing. The audience all have to wear those extra-in-Eyes-Wide-Shut masks so the management can tell who is and isn't part of the cast. Oh yeah and *nobody speaks* throughout the whole thing. It's silent except for music."

Madonna Gets Victory Over 'Vogue' Sample at Appeals Court

JUNE 02, 2016

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/madonna-gets-victory-vogue-sample-898944

The 9th Circuit rules that a trivial taking isn't enough to establish copyright infringement.

On Thursday, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals made it easier for musicians to sample small portions of song recordings by giving Madonna and her producer Robert "Shep" Pettibone a victory in a long-running lawsuit over the 1990 hit "Vogue."

The decision affirms a 2013 ruling by a California federal court that held on summary judgment that a 0.23 second sampling of a horn hit from the 1976 song called "Love Break" was de minimis, meaning small enough to be trivial.

"After listening to the audio recordings submitted by the parties, we conclude that a reasonable juror could not conclude that an average audience would recognize the appropriation of the horn hit," writes 9th Circuit judge Susan Graber in Thursday's opinion. "That common-sense conclusion is borne out by dry analysis. The horn hit is very short — less than a second. The horn hit occurs only a few times in 'Vogue.' Without careful attention, the horn hits are easy to miss. Moreover, the horn hits in 'Vogue' do not sound identical to the horn hits from 'Love Break' ... Even if one grants the dubious proposition that a listener recognized some similarities between the horn hits in the two songs, it is hard to imagine that he or she would conclude that sampling had occurred."

The latest decision is notable because it now puts the 9th Circuit (California, Arizona, Washington) in direct conflict with the 6th Circuit (Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee) on the issue of whether it's legally permissible to take even the smallest amount without permission. In a 2006 case involving a N.W.A. rap song that sampled a Funkadelic riff (Bridgeport Music v. Dimension Films), a 6th Circuit judge wrote, "Get a license or do not sample. We do not see this as stifling creativity in any significant way."

That decision a decade ago has been controversial in the legal and musical community and has opened up copyright infringement liability for sampling musicians. For example, it may explain why a lawsuit was recently filed against Justin Bieber and Skrillex over "Sorry" in Nashville, Tenn., of all places. Even if there was no sampling in "Sorry," that jurisdiction has become friendly for plaintiffs in song-theft cases thanks in part toBridgeport.

VMG Salsoul, the copyright owner of "Love Break," argued on appeal that the 9th Circuit should follow theBridgeport decision by holding that the de minimis exception does not apply to infringements of copyrighted sound recordings. 

But Graber notes that with the exception of the Bridgeport case, there's been "consistent application of the de minimis exception across centuries of jurisprudence" and believes Congress intentionally put limitations on the rights of a sound recording copyright holder. Further, she notes that the de minimis rule applies to other artistic works.

"A computer program can, for instance, 'sample' a piece of one photograph and insert it into another photograph or work of art," states the opinion (read here in full). "We are aware of no copyright case carving out an exception to the de minimis requirement in that context, and we can think of no principled reason to differentiate one kind of 'physical taking' from another."

The "Vogue" case raises the possibility of review by a Supreme Court currently with eight justices who may be on the lookout for disputes of the less politically charged variety. Here, the 9th Circuit directly acknowledges it is taking "the unusual step of creating a circuit split."

Madonna has affirmed her legal victory, although the 9th Circuit vacates the lower court's award of attorney fees because it deems the claim by VMG Salsoul not to be objectively unreasonable given what happened inBridgeport.

Thursday's decision also brought a dissenting opinion from 9th Circuit judge Barry Silverman, who wasn't persuaded that there should be a de minimis defense to what he perceives as outright thievery. He writes, "True, Get a license or do not sample doesn’t carry the same divine force as Thou Shalt Not Steal, but it’s the same basic idea. I would hold that the de minimis exception does not apply to the sampling, copying, stealing, pirating, misappropriation — call it what you will — of copyrighted fixed sound recordings. Once the sound is fixed, it is tangible property belonging to the copyright holder, and no one else has the right to take even a little of it without permission."

Sleep No More is interactive theater.

"SLEEP NO MORE IS SO FUN. If you can do it, do it. It's this whole elaborate production of Macbeth where you run around these very detailed sets and follow characters of your own selection. Suddenly, one whole area turns into a forest, there's a morgue, there's this nude techno rave dance party, there's a padded cell behind a mirror- OMG, it's amazing. I shit thee not"

"but Sleep No More is incredible. I saw it within a few months of opening back in 2011 and it blew me away. If you're in NYC you should see it (but wear comfortable shoes-- I wore killer heeled boots and wanted to die with Lady McB by the end of the night). If interactive theater is not your idea of fun, you'd hate it. I had fun wandering around, digging through the props and scenery, getting into it with the actors with more minor parts. Some people stalk the main players around the building all night. And there's an orgy with a dude in a bull mask if that's your thing. The audience all have to wear those extra-in-Eyes-Wide-Shut masks so the management can tell who is and isn't part of the cast. Oh yeah and *nobody speaks* throughout the whole thing. It's silent except for music."

wow sound very interesting. And about Mask I also wondered about what it for. Now i get that. haha

Thank you for information groovyguy! as always!!  :kissy:  :heart:  :kiss:

Posted Image

No wavy hair no baggy strange clothes lol I love when her hair is straight and pulled back like that.

Oh yeahhhh !!!! it's no secret our queen loves to look the youngest possible (which is totally normal) but when will she realise she looks a millions time younger and hot when she's not all glamed up to maximum ! 

Like this for example

Posted Image

Oh yeahhhh !!!! it's no secret our queen loves to look the youngest possible (which is totally normal) but when will she realise she looks a millions time younger and hot when she's not all glamed up to maximum ! 

Like this for example

Posted Image

i love this photo!  it remind me of 80's Madonna!  :heart:

Posted Image