Best Blond Ambition Tour

Bat-Fan

Best BAT  

64 members voted

1. 1. Best BAT

• Yokohama
    • Barcelona
    • Nice

ok which performance do you prefere? I go with the Japan one because of better picture and sound quality and her voice is 100 times better. Nice is the more wild show I guess but the lighting is terrible with all those extra colored lights and her voice is just gone.

I have the Laser Discs for both shows and I enjoy both equally. Being that the Yokohama show was performed in the first month [April] of the BAT & the Nice show was the final BAT show, watching both shows clearly show how the tour had progressed from April to the final show in August.

She started the tour in Japan and Yokohama was the 3rd city she performed in late April 1990. Obviously she was much stronger vocally in Yokohama. And I love the iconic ponytail. But the crowd was a bit too nice and a bit too quiet. Not to mention Madonna was a little more stiff as the tour had just started.

Nice was the last city with the last show. So she had loosened up and performed much more wildly than in Yokohama. Awesome crowd. But vocally she was weaker and the ponytail was gone.

I have often wondered about something. If Madonna were to decide to release the tour on DVD and could only use Japan or Nice shows, which ones would she pick? I remember in the documentary she was complaining about the cold weather in Japan and was excited to perform the show in the US but now after all these years after watching both shows I thik she would go for the Japan show. Why? because she looks great and her voice is fabelous and all the moves are perefect even if they are more calculating than the more free energetic moves of the Nice show, she does seem a little colder in the Japan show than the Nice show but judging from her past releases that doesnt seem to be a problem for her. In the Japan show she is being very careful about not making a mistake but in the Nice one she has more of a i dont give a f..ck if I miss a step and I dont care if i sound like shit and the purple and yellow lights make me look like a light bulp. So everyone what do you think SHE would prefer to be released only from those 2 shows? The more tecnically perfect show or the more crazy energetic show with inferior vocals and lackluster sound quality?

interesting thanx but do you think 5his means they will release it? at least it means they have not lost the masters

I have always thought that if Madonna/Warner wanted to release Blond Ambition (as well as The Virgin Tour) they would have done it when Ciao Italia and The Girlie Show was released. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have often wondered about something. If Madonna were to decide to release the tour on DVD and could only use Japan or Nice shows, which ones would she pick? I remember in the documentary she was complaining about the cold weather in Japan and was excited to perform the show in the US but now after all these years after watching both shows I thik she would go for the Japan show. Why? because she looks great and her voice is fabelous and all the moves are perefect even if they are more calculating than the more free energetic moves of the Nice show, she does seem a little colder in the Japan show than the Nice show but judging from her past releases that doesnt seem to be a problem for her. In the Japan show she is being very careful about not making a mistake but in the Nice one she has more of a i dont give a f..ck if I miss a step and I dont care if i sound like shit and the purple and yellow lights make me look like a light bulp. So everyone what do you think SHE would prefer to be released only from those 2 shows? The more tecnically perfect show or the more crazy energetic show with inferior vocals and lackluster sound quality?

She would release Bercy Paris. Probably why we haven't had a release. If she wanted Nice or Yokohama WB and Madonna could have made it happen by now. The Paris shows are beautifully filmed, lit and show so much depth missing in the tv broadcasts. Madonna is a fan of film. When asked if she would release BAT she answered with "I need to find it" There is no way the Nice or Yokohama shows are missing, but the Paris shows are hidden away somewhere, so I am sure she was referring to those shows.

So I do like both shows, I prefer the Nice show just because it has better energy, however her singing in Yokohama is far better and I hate the stupid pink lighting she added to the Barcelona and Nice shows during Express Yourself, looks awful.

One thing I never hear mentioned though. During Express Yourself in Yokohama, has no one else seen Nikki injure herself? She apparently already sprained her foot and during the dance break in EY she does something worse to it, you can see the absolute pain on her face after they do the high kick and she limps throughout the rest of the song and is absent for the start of Like a Prayer. In Truth or Dare you see her ankle/foot getting bandaged in Chicago and in the Hanky Panky video clip you can see she is wearing boots not heels in some shots. Must have been a bad sprain if she was still treating it as late as Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...

If I were her and had no option, I would release the japanese show because its the best quality, and the ponytail is way more iconic than the curls..... In fact if they ever find the Paris show film they should include the japanese show as an extra DVD disc......

I have stopped thinking about it though because if we haven't even had a Confessions Tour bluray yet or IGTTYAS bluray, or even better versions of her videos than the 90s masters then we ain't getting sht anytime soon lol

• madgefan pinned, pinned and unpinned this topic