Best Blond Ambition Tour

Bat-Fan

Best BAT  

64 members voted

1. 1. Best BAT

• Yokohama
    • Barcelona
    • Nice

If I were her and had no option, I would release the japanese show because its the best quality, and the ponytail is way more iconic than the curls..... In fact if they ever find the Paris show film they should include the japanese show as an extra DVD disc......

I have stopped thinking about it though because if we haven't even had a Confessions Tour bluray yet or IGTTYAS bluray, or even better versions of her videos than the 90s masters then we ain't getting sht anytime soon lol

Does IGTTYAS exist in HD? All that is on iTunes is SD. 

• 3 weeks later...

She would release Bercy Paris. Probably why we haven't had a release. If she wanted Nice or Yokohama WB and Madonna could have made it happen by now. The Paris shows are beautifully filmed, lit and show so much depth missing in the tv broadcasts. Madonna is a fan of film. When asked if she would release BAT she answered with "I need to find it" There is no way the Nice or Yokohama shows are missing, but the Paris shows are hidden away somewhere, so I am sure she was referring to those shows.

So I do like both shows, I prefer the Nice show just because it has better energy, however her singing in Yokohama is far better and I hate the stupid pink lighting she added to the Barcelona and Nice shows during Express Yourself, looks awful.

One thing I never hear mentioned though. During Express Yourself in Yokohama, has no one else seen Nikki injure herself? She apparently already sprained her foot and during the dance break in EY she does something worse to it, you can see the absolute pain on her face after they do the high kick and she limps throughout the rest of the song and is absent for the start of Like a Prayer. In Truth or Dare you see her ankle/foot getting bandaged in Chicago and in the Hanky Panky video clip you can see she is wearing boots not heels in some shots. Must have been a bad sprain if she was still treating it as late as Chicago.

Paris was not filmed in full Alex K. said it when asked once. Just selected numbers.

Paris was not filmed in full Alex K. said it when asked once. Just selected numbers.

Alek didn't actually shoot it. Toby Phillips did (he also did Girlie Show) and he said they shot all three shows in full. ICON actually stated the show was to be released by Pioneer in 1990, but those plans changed, then it was to be released on VHS a year later but that didn't happen either. Toby also said Alek had a lot less to do with the concert filming than we think.

• 2 weeks later...

Yokohama: Picture qualityAudio quality: Dallas"Speeches" quality: LondonCamera angles and special effects: ParisChoreography and delivery: Nice There you have it, the perfect Blond Ambition Tour release  :lol:

Hi there. Sorry if I asked a stupid question. Where can I find the London, Paris and Dallas shows? I only have Yokohama/Nice/Barcelona. Thanks.

Alek didn't actually shoot it. Toby Phillips did (he also did Girlie Show) and he said they shot all three shows in full. ICON actually stated the show was to be released by Pioneer in 1990, but those plans changed, then it was to be released on VHS a year later but that didn't happen either. Toby also said Alek had a lot less to do with the concert filming than we think.

It's like the 1999 Max Facto photo shoot, fans thought for years Alek had taken those pics but many of us didn't know til recently that they had been taken by Dah Len.

• 1 month later...

I'd love Blond Ambition to be released, especially the Nice show, but I can't imagine just a stand-alone release. It would be too random, and there's always a chance that it may not sell as well as we all think. I can't imagine a casual fan buying it, but I may be wrong. She should take the option to release a box set of all her tours remastered along side the Rebel Heart DVD celebrating her 30 years of touring. Sadly, I don't this will happen. 

I'd love Blond Ambition to be released, especially the Nice show, but I can't imagine just a stand-alone release. It would be too random, and there's always a chance that it may not sell as well as we all think. I can't imagine a casual fan buying it, but I may be wrong. She should take the option to release a box set of all her tours remastered along side the Rebel Heart DVD celebrating her 30 years of touring. Sadly, I don't this will happen. 

Would love to see a blu-ray box with all the tours remastered or a dvd box (if they can't remaster the early tours to blu-rays) with the old tours remastered as much as they can remaster them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I prefer to watch the Nice show, because it's filmed the way a concert is supposed to be filmed. The lighting on the Japan show was terrible and the audience wasn't very expressive. That's just the way Japanese audiences are. It shouldn't be an artists go-to location for filming their show, but you have to remember, that was filmed exclusively for Japan. The Nice show featured more audience reaction, interaction, and it was visually more appealing. It did a much better job of immortalizing that tour. 

Although, I do prefer the ponytail over the Monroe hair any day!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If only either of them was released on DVD!!! Really, what's the deal with that? Her most controversial tour not available on DVD, this is unacceptable. Why doesn't anyone do something about it?

maybe because she knows there are now good quality DVDs of the tour available with artwork and everything, even though they are not official.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • madgefan pinned, pinned and unpinned this topic