MadonnaInfinity Videography Rate -- The Countdown

MeantToBeIconic

I think @@MeantToBeIconic summed up the Borderline video perfectly. It's nice. Nothing more to say.

The Hollywood video might not make loads of sense (the botox injections and looking inntge mirror though i assume are about trying to remain young looking and being obsesssd with your looks in Hollywood) but it's not boring to watch. She looks great in it. Not the absolute best video she's done but it's interesting to watch.

Live To Tell is a really nice, beautiful and simple video which i think compliments the song. It doesn't need anything else. If there was anything or anybody else it would detract from Madonna. It could be seen as boring and would be for maybe any other song but it works perfectly for this song and isn't boring.

I really like the Beautiful Stranger video. It was a favourite when i used to watch 93:99 The Video Collection. It's got very well done humour, i like her look, her dancing and the set with the changing colours. I love the bit where she rubs her ass in Austin's face lol. All in all a great video and lots of fun.

4 Minutes isn't in my top 20 M songs, but the video is definitely a very good video. When i did my scoring i was comparing each video to all her other videos. If i was only scoring 4 minutes on it's own i'd maybe give it a 9, but against her other videos, as inventive (the effects ARE great) as it is and with slick choreography, it doesn't quite reach the levels a lot of her other videos reach for Me.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I probably have to justify my marks...BORDERLINE: I give a 10 because it's Madonna’s first narrative video, very nice for the time. First collaboration with Mary Lambert, experimenting her signature concept of having two sides of M on the same videos (like in La isla bonita or Like a virgin). Here we have the "ghetto" girl and the rising star, it really tells a lot about Madonna in the beginning.4 MINUTES: yes Justin is so sexy indeed (not as much as in Like I love you, though), which makes M seem even more ridiculous. Justin did so many fantastic collaborations, this one doesn't work, Madonna desperately seems to try to fit a younger partner but she can't. And the black thing that is eating the world is ridiculous, too. But the choreography saves it from disaster! Especially the supermarket and the final bit. But what's the point of the dinner room scene? Or even worse the car scene? If you want to make it believable you can't set in a studio! They should have worked more on the concept related to the end of the world with more relevant sequences. The video didn't have any strong impact, and it really should have had considering the potential of the duo, but evidently something went wrong....HOLLYWOOD: I believe that this video marks the beginning of the end. After the incredible wasted work on American Life, this is all you have to say about Hollywood? The botox scene is the only relevant one, the rest is just images with no meaning, which has been typical of M recent videos, unfortunately...LIVE TO TELL: interesting for the unexpected change of look from the Virgin era, but the movie sequences are just useless and distracting. Exactly the opposite happens in BEAUTIFUL STRANGER: a perfect example on how to make a video from a soundtrack without using the movie shots. M is so sexy, the dancing is fantastic, she really looks hot and ironic and without any effort. Best video from a movie.

Alright, let's do another round!

We're almost at our top 30!!

Posted Image

#36 -- Cherish

Average: 7.33

Highest: 10x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 4x1 (@@Gonnabe)

Why is this Like a Prayer video in shades of (true) blue? The mermaids are a nice touch, but overall, it's not that fantastic of a video. I don't remember much about it, honestly.

Posted Image

#35 -- Living for Love

Average: 7.57

Highest: 10x2 (@MeantToBeIconic and @@Primul5)

Lowest: 5x3 (@@Fighter, @@Stevo, @@stefo)

I remember being so hyped for this video. I loved the energy and the presentation and the moves, but I mostly love THE LOOKS. She just looks so hip and Latina/Modern, it's great. And the performances spawned by the video are just icing on the cake.

Posted Image

#34 -- Girl Gone Wild

Average: 7.57

Highest: 10x4 (@@Brendanlovesu1, @@kurushitovska, @@Enrico, @@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 1x1 (@Inco)

Reductive? How about no. She can keep up with the best of them. The best MDNA video without a doubt. Her moves are tight and flawless (the hair bump, however, is not) her choice in Kazaky in the backup dancing was excellent, and her room scenes where she's crawling up the sides like some Exorcist shit is THE shit, tbh

Posted Image

#33 -- Like a Virgin

Average: 7.61 (a tie with GGW)

Highest: 10x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 5x2 (@angelamanda, @Gargamel)

The lion is awesome. I actually really like the scenes where she's just cruising around in a gondola and dancing her ass off. A not-so-iconic video for an iconic single, but I'll take it regardless.

Posted Image

(couldn't find a gif lol)

#32 -- You'll See

Average: 7.62

Highest: 10x4 (@@NowRadiate, @@kurushitovska, @Inco, @@Primul5)

Lowest: 5x1 (@@Enrico)

Take a Bow Pt II, yeah? How beautiful does she look in the video, in a very regal way. The emotions are translated through this very muted and very elegant video that translates beautifully, but just doesn't carry the power of the rest of her videography.

Posted Image

#31 -- Secret

Average: 7.71

Highest: 10x3 (@@stefo, @@NowRadiate, @@Primul5)
Lowest: 3x1 (@@Brendanlovesu1)

This really isn't the visual I imagined for this song. I'm not sure what I imagined, but... not that this is a bad video, I just don't think it really fits the song? IDK. It's got some nice images though.

Here's your Top 30 Madonna videos!

WIFLFAG
Vogue
The Power of Good-bye
Take a Bow
Sorry
Ray of Light
Rain
Papa Don't Preach
Open Your Heart
Oh Father
Nothing Really Matters
Music
Material Girl
Like a Prayer
La Isla Bonita
Justify My Love
I Want You
Hung Up
Human Nature
Ghosttown
Frozen
Express Yourself
Erotica
Drowned World
Don't Tell Me
Die Another Day
Deeper and Deeper
Bedtime Story
Bad Girl
American Life (Original)

I gave Girl Gone Wild a 10 just because I love her hairstyle and I think it suits her very well. Also seeing boys in heels was like YASSS because I used to dream that one day we (men) will be all free enough to wear heels on the streets without being afraid of what will the other's think. 

You'll See was the best video of her ballads compilation. 

Sorry for saying that but I doubt about the results of the game, I see only the same usernames. I was late to send my votes but when I sent them my message hadn't been read and I left the conversation later also when I asked for information here how the game was being played I didn't get an answer so I had to ask for the third time if my votes were ok and if they had been received and I got you are ok. If the organisers of the game want to participate certain users they can have it in a closed circle.

I had this open for two weeks, and if you had posted asking for help, someone would've noticed. I checked every day. Funnily enough, I got about 24 voters, it's just that most went with middle-ground votes, therefore not putting them in a highest or lowest list. I'll publish the Excel file afterwards so ya'll can see for yourselves, yeah?

Sorry for saying that but I doubt about the results of the game, I see only the same usernames. I was late to send my votes but when I sent them my message hadn't been read and I left the conversation later also when I asked for information here how the game was being played I didn't get and answer so I had to ask for the third time if my votes were ok and if they had been received and I got you are ok. If the organisers of the game want to participate certain users they can have it in a closed circle.

Oh, and please do keep your panties unbunched. It's just a fun game. The results don't matter at all come March.

I know you never liked the video, but why?

The editing, atrocious. Her look, a bit lackluster especially her hair The airbrushing, extreme. The photography, I guess they could only afford one colour and they went with red....

But overall I don't really like the concept. Its more pretentious than inspirational.... I imagined something more light hearted than shirtless dudes with horns.

The costumes are nice though, the corset being the best one because its flattering to her.

It has the same problems as TUTR and MDNA Tour Film but I'm not sure why people like it more than those....

Thank god for Akerlund coming into the picture. :kissy:

Summary of results vs mine:

31-50

# / Title / Av. score / My score / My #

50 Who's That Girl 6.19 / 2 / 61

49 Lucky Star 6.23 / 7 /41

48 Love Profusion 6.28 / 8 / 24

47 Americam Pie 6.38 / 7 / 32

46 Fever 6.46 / 8 / 27

45 Give Me All Your Luvin' 6.66 / 9 / 14

44 True Blue 6.76 / 7 / 33

43 GHV2 Megamix 6.81 / 7 / 43

42 Bitch I'm Madonna 6.95 / 2 / 62

41 Borderline 7.05 / 5 / 49

40 Hollywood 7.14 / 7 / 30

39 Live To Tell 7.14 / 8 /18

38 Beautiful Stranger 7.24 / 8 / 16

37 4 Minutes 7.29 / 7 / 39

36 Cherish 7.33 / 8 / 19

35 Living For Love 7.57 / 5 / 50

34 Girl Gone Wild 7.57 / 7 / 40

33 Like A Virgin 7.61 / 8 / 29

32 You'll See 7.62 / 7 / 35

31 Secret 7.71 / 7 / 34

I hope @@MeantToBeIconic is okay! I am not very worried about the list continuing. But I am worried about MeantToBeIconic! We love you!!

I don't know @@MeantToBeIconic personslly, but i think he said he had just started a course (algebra maybe?) and that he's in a debating tournament too......i think. He's probably just very busy ☺

I don't know @@MeantToBeIconic personslly, but i think he said he had just started a course (algebra maybe?) and that he's in a debating tournament too......i think. He's probably just very busy ☺

Calculus. And I was at a debate tournament, then a Valentine's rave on Saturday right after the tournament, then sleep/crying because I'm lonely, so because I stayed up till like 3 am every night Wednesday to Friday, I never made it back.

But you're getting TWO ROUNDS TODAY!!!

Typing now... lots of ties...

Here's your TWO rounds today! Quite a few ties!!!!

Let's find out where things place!

We'll be at the Top 15 after today!

Posted Image

#30 -- Deeper and Deeper

Average: 7.714 (a tie with Secret, actually)

Highest: 11x1 (@DrumDub)

Lowest: 2x1 (@@Inco)

I really like this video. Top 30? Definitely. She looks killer, and even though it took me a long time to get around to watching it, I'm glad I did. The scene in the club is the best, and she looks like she's having so much fun.

Posted Image

#29 -- Music

Average: 7.76

Highest: 10x2 (@@Fighter, @@Primul5)

Lowest: 2x1 (@Brendanlovesu)

I love this video. This was actually the first Madonna video I saw, and was instantly in love. If it wasn't for Ali G's annoying ass, I would've given this a 10 without hesitation. I particularly love the animated parts of the video. Nothing too serious for our ranked #5 song.

Posted Image

#28 -- Sorry

Average: 7.904

Highest: 10x5 (@MeantToBeIconic, @@Primul5, @@kurushitovska, @GHouse, @@patrice1711)

Lowest: 5x1 (@@Gargamel)

The lowest this got is a 5? Fuck yeah. I love this video. I love how Madonna looks, I love the dance off in the cage, Cloud looks hot, and the van scene is hilarious. I would've liked it a LITTLE higher, but oh well. BTW, I'll live and die saying Sorry is underrated.

Posted Image

#27 -- I Want You

Average: 7.904 (tied with Sorry)

Highest: 10x5 (@@Primul5, @Enrico, @NowRadiate, @Stefo, @GHouse)

Lowest: 4x2 (@angelamanda, @@kurushitovska)

Surprised @dazedmadonna isn't on that list. It's a beautifully painful video, and the whole video tells the narrative of the song really well. While it has all that going for it, it does drag on a bit. Ultimately, it's a fantastic video, but not really Top 20 material.

Posted Image

#26 -- La Isla Bonita

Average: 7.904 (tied with Sorry and I Want You)

Highest: 10x3 (@@Primul5, @dazedmadonna, @Enrico)

Lowest: 3x1 (@@Brendanlovesu1)

This is how you do a Latin video. How great does she look in that dress? I thought the scenes of her dancing in the room and looking out the window were the best, and the scenes of her out walking and dancing were not quite as effective. But I still like the video, don't get me wrong.

Posted Image

#25 -- Don't Tell Me

Average: 8.19

Highest: 10x5 (@@Inco, @@Brendanlovesu1, @@Fighter, @Enrico, @@Primul5)

Lowest: 5x1 (@OhMadonna)
I know this video gets a lot of love, but I can never remember why. The western thing is fine, but not my personal favorite. Then I remember this dance number, and I remember why. The Music era had such good videos, and the videos were where she started realizing simple and goofy videos can work just as well as serious and extravagant ones.

Posted Image

#24 -- Drowned World

Average: 8.19 (tied with Don't Tell Me)

Highest: 10x6 (@@Fighter, @GHouse, @NowRadiate, @@Primul5, @ElectrickOrus98, @Enrico)

Lowest: 5x1 (@@Brendanlovesu1)

I don't remember much about how this video goes don't hurt me @@Fighter but I do remember Madonna portraying the atmosphere and message of this song flawlessly. The ballroom scene I do remember, and it's so moving and touching. What a video...

Posted Image

#23 -- Human Nature

Average: 8.19 (tied with Drowned World and Don't Tell Me)
Highest: 10x5 (@Brendanlovesu, @Stefo, @@Primul5, @Enrico, @NowRadiate)
Lowest: 2x1 (@@Inco)

The great BDSM video that could only be topped by one other (to come later). I love her dancing in this video. It's so aggressive, and she looks physically dangerous. This was not at all the video anyone expected for this song, but it definitely is on of her most iconic, without a doubt.

Posted Image

#22 -- Papa Don't Preach

Average: 8.19 (tied with Don't Tell Me, Human Nature, and Drowned World)

Highest: 10x5 (@Enrico, @@Primul5, @NowRadiate, @Stefo, @@patrice1711)

Lowest: 5x1 (@@Gargamel)

What a good video. This is probably right where it belongs. Her dancing scenes (see above) were really fantastic, and the ending scene is just icing on the cake. Nothing fancy needed here, the simplicity really does its job.

Posted Image

#21 -- Erotica

Average: 8.33

Highest: 10x6 (@MeantToBeIconic, @Stefo, @@patrice1711, @@Brendanlovesu1, @dazedmadonna, @NowRadiate, @@Primul5)
Lowest: 1x1 (@@Inco)

Everyone, @@Inco is a prude. This is the BDSM video to end all BDSM videos. The fact it looks like an old, like, 70's sex tape, all grainy and whatnot, is just delightful. It shows some hot n' raunchy stuff going on, which is probably why it was just as polarizing in the votes as it was in the day. But it still pulls this far through. When will your fave's sex tape?

Lastly for now...

Posted Image

#20 -- Material Girl

Average: 8.33 (tied with Erotica??)
Highest: 10x3 (@Enrico, @NowRadiate, @@patrice1711)

Lowest: 7x5 (@@kurushitovska, @Bel, @Stefo, @Gonnabe, @@Gargamel)

Let me just say this video is NOT on par with Erotica. Erotica is much better. Anyway, this is, imo, her best video from LAV. She looks happy, and great, and the video is fun time and great to watch. Excellent execution. But not Top 20.

Alright, these take so long, I'm stopping here. Here's Top 20!

WIFLFAG
Vogue
The Power of Good-bye
Take a Bow
Ray of Light
Rain
Open Your Heart
Oh Father
Nothing Really Matters
Like a Prayer
Justify My Love
Hung Up