MadonnaInfinity Videography Rate -- The Countdown

MeantToBeIconic

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@MeantToBeIconic thanks, it´s gonna be a good topic

EVERYBODY: My vote was 4, the video is a little boring yeah but let´s agree, it was 1982, music videos were something new. It´s good to know that
Madonna did a video. Everybody, the song deserves 8 IMO but I like the video due to its history.

AMERICAN LIFE (FLAGS): 5, it´s not bad, it´s not good, like the song, not too bad, not too good (well the very beginning in RIT is so touching).

GAMBLER: 2, when I voted I thought about the video not the perfomance. Gambler is an amazing song, I love it (RQ Gambler Virgin Tour HQ Video please) lol

I personally have come to really like American Life (the song. The album I've loved for ages), but the flag video is such a disappointment to me. I think I gave it 1. Maybe if I'd never seen the original one I would have liked it better......,..,,,.......but I doubt it. It's just kinda blah for me. I'm sure a better video could have been put out using other B roll footage, or editing the the ending where people had legs being blown off etc. the flag video doesn't seem to fit with the vibe of the song for me either, but hey ho, that's just my opinion ðŸ˜

Of course American Life is bad simply because the original is the BEST VIDEO EVER! The new version is exacly what we don't want from Madonna: to be dull.

Gambler: my vote went to the movie video version, not to the live version!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=663qHm77QLA

I love her little jumps and smiles at 0'09'' and 0'20'' :hearteyes:

They are not in the movie, which makes the video worth a 6.

Everybody: would you compare this:

Posted Image

With this?

Posted Image

That is what Everybody is for me, PREHISTORY. And that is why it has some fascination.

I would have never believed it was to stay at the last place!

Where do I start?

Well, I always knew that Everybody was going to place at the bottom of the list. Sure, it's ''the beginning of it all'', but you know, it's very boring.

That version of American Life deserves to be here, I don't even know what went to Madonna's mind when she decided to make another version of the video; when Oh Father and Vogue were intended to be censored, she made them change their mind and to air them on their original form and to JML and WIFLFAG, she prefered to let them ban the videos than changing them. 

And finally, Gambler. I voted thinking it was the actual music video and not the montage, but still...

I'm totally OK with this round, let's see what's coming on the way

So the last round wasn't very exciting, so let's go do five more, yeah?

Get with it

Posted Image

#67 -- Celebration (Remix)

Average: 4.95

Highest: 10x1 (@@Primul5)

Lowest: 0x1 (@@OhMadonna)

I don't get why people don't like this? It's got great dancing, Madonna looks really good, and the song is actually very bumping. And her attitude is just icing on the cake.

Posted Image

#66 -- Crazy For You

Average: 5.05

Highest: 7x2 (@DrumDub, @@Inco)

Lowest: 3x2 (@@Gargamel, @@angelamanda623)

I also don't care for the movie montages. I came to see Madonna, not Vision Quest. But at least when we see her, it's pretty good stuff

Posted Image

#65 -- Holiday (Solid Gold)

Average: 5.09

Highest: 10x1 (@@Brendanlovesu1)

Lowest: 2x1 (@@Inco)

Another boring video. At least we can see where her great dancing started and this live video is a bit better than the rest somehow

Posted Image

#64 -- Miles Away

Average: 5.14

Highest: 8x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 1x1 (@@Stevo)

I actually think this is my second favorite live montage. This one just has a lot of charm, and watching just stand and play that guitar is really simple, but really entertaining.

Posted Image

#63 -- Turn Up The Radio
Average: 5.28 (.14 ahead of Miles Away)

Highest: 9x1 (@@Enrico)

Lowest: 0x1 (@Dazedmadonna)

I think this video is really great. It's not the best MDNA vid, but it's a simplistic, fun cut that never stops being entertaining. Plus, it's the source of a ton of awesome gifs, so...

Discuss. How was this round?

I think i may have been a bit harsh with the miles away video. Ok, im not a big fan of the song, and the video isn't fantastic or anything, but i think i should gave given a 3 or 4 to be honest now i think about it. She DOES look phenomenal in the clip (her whole look that segment of S&ST was just great). Im just not big on videos that rely on concert footage.I'm nervous when my zero pointer is revealed (hope someone else voted it a zero too... 😢). Again - my zero may have been a little harsh. Ok quite harsh. I'll explain at the time... But so far, so good really. Nothings upset me yet.

I'm totally OK with these last two rounds EXCEPT for Turn Up The Radio (which I really love)...I'm outraged!!!!

What are your complaints? What exactly don't you like about it?

That's clearly not the best video of her career OK but at least she gave us something more original than a boring live video or something shooted in a studio behind a green screen (I forget the right word for this) full of terrible special effects...

Florence is a beautiful place by the way...and also she looks simply gorgeous in the video!!!

I'm schocked!  :monkey:

I'm totally OK with these last two rounds EXCEPT for Turn Up The Radio (which I really love)...I'm outraged!!!!What are your complaints? What exactly don't you like about it?That's clearly not the best video of her career OK but at least she gave us something more original than a boring live video or something shooted in a studio behind a green screen (I forget the right word for this) full of terrible special effects...Florence is a beautiful place by the way...and also she looks simply gorgeous in the video!!!I'm schocked! :monkey:

I would have liked a live montage more than that horrible rushed and over-edited low budget MV xoxo.But yes, Florence is beautiful ! The video is not :seeno: