Beautiful Stranger - An anthem ignored by Oscar

Luiz Ribeiro

If we remembered all the singles of Madonna created for a movie, maybe Beautiful Stranger was the most successful of them .
In 1999 , the song was released to be part of the sound track of the comedy "Austin Powers " .

When we think that the song was written for the film, it makes us even more love the song as it is a pop up top notch. I remember as if it were yesterday, I pass a newsstand and read printed in one headline : " Beautiful Stranger is the American summer anthem " . Wow!
The song won the Grammy for best music composition for a movie, but what about the Oscar ? The award ignored it only because it is a pop song ?
So I think perhaps one of the most underserved songs of Madonna . And also one of the least performed in concerts

It is worth remembering that the music was not commercially released in the US market as a single. Some music critics say the song is based on " She Comes In Colors ," 1966 song performed by " Love's ." Madonna denied the claim and said she never heard such music ..

PS: Sorry about some grammatical errors

post-3004-0-09577200-1456494528_thumb.jpg

Some music critics say the song is based on " She Comes In Colors ," 1966 song performed by " Love's ." Madonna denied the claim and said she never heard such music ..

Pretty obscure, never heard the song before but I think the critics had a point there (listen to it entirely to get it):

In my opinion, for a song deserve an Oscar nomination , not necessarily it must be that song " behaved" , all polished and mature . You have the ability to turn a soundtrack into something really " pop" and radio is a very difficult thing .  BS is very complete in that sense, a well-developed melody, harmonic vocals, and very well edited .

I actually hate this song, it's a really bad one and overrated by the fans. It's funny beacause Madonna has millions of amazing songs and people keep paying attention at the bad ones. I don't understand.

It might not be Oscar worthy, but it's a great pop song. Opinions are subjective. We all like different things. I think the song is great, and I haaaaaate songs like Bitch I'm Madonna and Miles Away, but I know there'll be be people who think the opposite to me.

Wow. I never knew this song was so hated. This is truly a forgotten classic if you ask me. A beautiful fun pop song with edge. You don't hear a song like this every day. I have to admit that I actually ignored it for a long time because it's "just another great Madonna song released between 94-05". I hope she does it on tour again at some point. The DWT performance was cute but this song has so much rework potential. I actually think a twisted, dark and mysterious version could work as part of a sex/religious segment.Gesendet von iP

there are people who even think I Don't Give A is a good song. Never judge people, you know their names not their stories

I Don't Give A is a good song hahaha... I like all the songs in which she takes an attitude of "fuck you" (with intelligent lyrics, not like BIM)

Wow. I never knew this song was so hated. This is truly a forgotten classic if you ask me. A beautiful fun pop song with edge. You don't hear a song like this every day. I have to admit that I actually ignored it for a long time because it's "just another great Madonna song released between 94-05". I hope she does it on tour again at some point. The DWT performance was cute but this song has so much rework potential. I actually think a twisted, dark and mysterious version could work as part of a sex/religious segment.Gesendet von iP

You got it <3

My criteria for an Oscar worthy song is how well the song relates to the film and Madonna is wonderful at capturing the spirit of a film. That is what I always believed was her strong point. It's why I also think she makes a good director but I think she needs to do it in her own unique way. Maybe direct herself in a film. Her film songs are amazing and she should have an Oscar by now by at least one of them. Beautiful Stranger perfectly captures the film it is intended for with it's intentional blend of the 60's and 90's. Don't you think?