Tears of a Clown Special, Melbourne [Thur March 10th 2016]

Madonna Australia with Madonna.
5 hrs Â· 

For all those Icon Fan Club members who entered the Madonna Tears Of A Clown competition and have not heard, we are happy to confirm that the Icon team has not completed selecting and contacting winners yet and you still have the opprotunity to win! Good luck to the Rebel Hearts who entered before 12pm EST today and congratulations to all the winners already announced! â€ª#‎TearsOfAClown‬ â€ª#‎MadonnaAustralia‬

Tears of a Clown Teaser

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3vtfx0_tears-of-clown_fun

Madonna Announces Intimate Music, Art and Comedy Club Show for Australian Fans

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6898205/madonna-intimate-music-art-comedy-club-show-australia

Madonna has dodged Australia for way too long. So she’s giving a special present to those long-suffering superfans when herRebel Heart trek works its way across Australia and New Zealand. 

The Queen of Pop has added an exclusive fan show to her tour of Australasia, which kicks off Saturday night (March 5) at Auckland’s Vector Arena and now grows to 10 dates. Madonna’s so-called Tears of a Clown show will take place next Thursday (March 10) at Melbourne’s Forum Theatre and is billed as a fusion of music, art and comedy. Quite how the comedy element of the performance will play out is anyone’s guess.

The intimate gig will now serve as a warm-up for Madonna’s Australian arena tour, which is scheduled to start March 12 at Melbourne’s Rod Laver Arena and wind-up March 20 at Sydney’s Allphones Arena.

In a statement announcing the one-off show, Madonna said, "I wanted to do something special for Australia because you have been so patient and waited so long - the 'Tears of a Clown' show will make its debut on March 10. Performance art, comedy, story telling and music of course! Especially for you my Rebel Heart fans Down Under."

Tickets will be made available to Icon fan club winners. Details on how to enter will be announced at Madonna.com and via the Telstra's "Thanks" promotion Webpage.

The last time Madonna played here was for the Girlie Show tour of 1993. Indeed, her Auckland dates will be her first in New Zealand.

The pop diva's latest album Rebel Heart opened at No. 1 on the ARIA Albums Chart in March 2015, becoming her 11th No. 1 in Australia, a run that stretches back to True Blue which reached the summit in August 1986. No other artist can beat that tally (U2 is also on 11 No. 1s).

Madonna's global, Live Nation-produced tour has now grossed more than $100 million.

Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour of Australia and New Zealand:March 5 -- Auckland, NZ, Vector Arena  March 6 -- Auckland, NZ, Vector Arena  March 10 -- Melbourne, Forum Theatre (*new show)March 12 -- Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena  March 13 -- Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena  March 16 -- Brisbane, Entertainment Centre  March 17 -- Brisbane, Entertainment Centre  March 19 -- Sydney, Allphones Arena  March 20 -- Sydney, Allphones Arena

Waiting for next thursday!!! And hoping someone could periscope it, because people say it wont be broadcast or recording professionally. :(

PLEASE RECORD IT, WE NEED IT!

It's going to be intimate and very interesting, I'm sure she will perform at least one new track.

Joan of Arc? I'd pay for Wash all over me but I don't see it, maybe an old one (Rain or I'll remember?)

Anyway, don't leave us alone now!!

From the 2000 up to 2012 Madonna has accustomed us to attend a promotional show for all her albums on TV or on Web before the start of her tours, first with the Music Promo Tour Live @ Roseland and Brixton, then with American Life @ MTV On Stage and On The Record, then with COADF live @ Koko , then with Hard Candy live @ Roseland & Maidstone, and she made an exception only in 2012, when with a great delay she gave us  the Olympia show  in live streaming on Youtube.
And now???? No television broadcast for Tears Of A Clown??? No streaming on web??? If so, what a disappointment...

From the 2000 up to 2012 Madonna has accustomed us to attend a promotional show for all her albums on TV or on Web before the start of her tours, first with the Music Promo Tour Live @ Roseland and Brixton, then with American Life @ MTV On Stage and On The Record, then with COADF live @ Koko , then with Hard Candy live @ Roseland & Maidstone, and she made an exception only in 2012, when with a great delay she gave us  the Olympia show  in live streaming on Youtube.

And now???? No television broadcast for Tears Of A Clown??? No streaming on web??? If so, what a disappointment...

Um, this isn't a promo for the tour.  The tour is over!  It's a thank you for her Australian fans and a test of the comedy gig she wants to do in the future.

It will be easy for her to perform many of the surprise songs done during the tour with Monte on guitar:

Don't tell me, Frozen, Crazy for you, Like a prayer, Ghosttown, Secret. A very intimate moment.

I'd love to hear Tears of a clown, it is good to add it to the many Motown songs (and black music in general) she has done in the past:

I can't help myself, Everybody is a star, Dance to the music, Family affair, Just my imagination...

By the way, congratulations to all the forum members who won the ticket! Is jealousy legal??