Preparing to say goodbye to the Rebel Heart Tour

I can't think about it. I already feel the depression. For month now it was so nice to wake up and think about that next show, to think about all the surprises we might get. What a great era. I don't want it to end....

What has been your favorite moment/moments of the tour

Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part, but does anyone think she will do a couple of Tears of the Clown small gigs in the interim maybe in NYC or London.  It was a great concept and I can't believe she would go to all the trouble to create that just for one gig. Please, Madonna!

Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part, but does anyone think she will do a couple of Tears of the Clown small gigs in the interim maybe in NYC or London.  It was a great concept and I can't believe she would go to all the trouble to create that just for one gig. Please, Madonna!

I think she's gonna make it, seriously. Maybe to promote the bluray in autumn.

But if we wanna have a real shameless wishful thinking: do you imagine what a live show that would be with the impossible reunion with Donna and Nicky we're all dreaming since years? I think I would die for it, stirring experience and powerful music

... but that's just a dream, I know

I'll miss finding out who the Unapologetic Bitch is each night....what "different song" & surprises she performed at each venue...if she did the medley or not...what small talk she interjected. So, yea, I'm sad it's almost over. I appreciate & luv her and this Rebel Heart era so much and the last year has been simply AMAZING and experiencing this era with you all here has been AWESOME! 

I'll miss it more than previous tour because every date was different (sometimes you can't distinguish one Mdna date from the other), because the setlist was great, because thanks to Periscope I had the chance to see many shows live and because joining this forum (I first found it while looking for info about the songs that she was going to perform, in August) I met so many beautiful people to share opinions with!I am happy only because I hope this will open the road for a new acoustic tour and especially for a new album next year!

I’ve been carb-comfort-eating the whole week, trying to keep my shit together, but I don’t know how I’ll cope when the last shows ends on Sunday. I hope I’m in a safe place when it happens! :wink:

The only thing keeping me from spiralling into despair is the thought of the DVD/Blu-ray release at some point in the hopefully, not-too-distant future.

Rebel Heart has been a series of massive highs and crashing lows, but creatively I think it’s her best album and tour since Confessions, even if the release and promotion was ill-fated from the start.

The press have been baying for a Britney-style melt-down since her split from Guy in 2008, and the ongoing ugly, cruel obsession with trying to shame her into retirement makes me so angry. I find her endless tenacity incredibly inspiring, especially given the situation with Rocco. She’s really held it together and weathered the storm. I’m so grateful she hasn’t given up.

In spite of all the drama, it’s been an incredible era, and I hope she finds peace and happiness in her familial life soon.

As fate would have it, the narrative of Rebel Heart past has played out in real life – the rebel warrior triumphing over her broken heart.  

Thanks again and again M. No one has, can or ever will thrill me quite like you do. There’s only one queen and that’s Madonna. x 

it's hard to say goodbye to a our and a whole era. i've been missing the Sticky & Sweet Tour since its end tho. Hard Candy was the first album I followed since the rumours started, and that show was my first time seeing her live. I still can't believe it's been over 7 years ago, and she left it behind.

I was on the MDNA and Rebel Heart tours, but when I see a S&S video, it still feels like it was recorded yesterday. I feel time hasn't passed.

but on this tour, she broke every rule. she defied what "being Madonna" means. she played, she had the most fun we have seen her having on stage. she talked a lot, and she made something different, something great on its own. she called herself a Rebel Heart, and that meant destroying all she was, to reborn, and being someone new.

and in that process, we all grew up with her.

this era was what we was expecting for years. now we don't know what to expect ( a next tour to end contract in 2018 or a Tears of a Clown Tour) but we we know we can expect anything since she is opened to improvisations and changes, small places, work in progress comedy, sing forgotten songs (even by herself)....

The only thing I'm afraid if she makes another Truth or dare with this and we get only a movie and not proper full show on dvd...

In best case we might get 1 Sidney show, 10 suprise songs and a movie on the disc two... don't belive she will release Tears of a clown at this point, it was "rehearsal" and it wasn't all perfect so I think we will have to wait for that one stil..

When does the contract finish?? 2018?

From what I understand, she does not have to record a certain amount of albums but the LN deal would only cover a max of three. 

These are the only details available on the LN deal: 

Quote:
In October of 2007, Madonna inked a deal with Live Nation estimated to be worth $120 million. In 2011 she also inked a distribution deal with Interscope/Universal. According to Billboard, she’ll earn a base of $1 million per album from Interscope, starting with MDNA (three albums in total). She will still be collecting roughly $17 million advance for each album ($50 to $60 million total advances for up to three new albums) from her Live Nation deal through 2017. The deal also included a general advance of $17.5 million that she received in 2007 and $50 million in cash and stock for the right to promote her concert tours and to license her name (LN will give her 90% of concert sales and 50% of licensing money it collects).

So $17.5m (advance) + $50m (licensing and tours) + $51m (3 albums for roughly $17m each) = approx. $120m deal

For more info, read this WSJ article: http://online.wsj.co...3638155166.html

Interesting bit:

Quote:
Mr. Rapino: (...) The biggest cost of my business is competition -- promoters bidding against each other to get a tour. We had no belief that if we did nothing that we would have just continually got the U2 tour for 10 years, and/or anywhere near the same economics. We got the Madonna 2014 tour at 2008 prices. Madonna and these artists don't get paid in 2014 unless they perform. It's not like Madonna's living off the signing bonus we gave her in 2007 in 2014. We have a contractual deal that has a very structured schedule of payments for certain rights. We project that Madonna will gross over $1 billion in this 10 years. She's working to generate the $1 billion, not the $100 million schedule that we're going to pay her over time. That's just the appetizer.

And this Business Insider article LN gets 10% of tickets sold http://www.businessinsider.com/2007/10/live-nations-12 (minus some of that which will have to go to venue owners. Madonna pays all the costs. Which makes sense since she earns most of the profits

http://articles.busi....-material-girl

So, she has to earn LN $120 million just to break even. How far is she from reaching that?

Let's take a recap of 2012 and some projections: 

- $305 million from her MDNA World Tour 

$60 million was expected in sales for her new perfume, Truth or Dare, according to Women's Wear Daily.

- Industry insiders say $75 million in tour merchandise sales is not unlikely. This has always been a huge moneymaker for Madonna, who will have an even bigger spread of merchandise available at her upcoming shows. 

- Insiders report that Madonna made $10 million from her deal with Smirnoff. The company had hyped her tour with TV spots and had released a special "Madonna" edition bottle of their vodka.

- The Queen of Pop was hoping to rake in $10 million in TV and DVD worldwide rights for the broadcast of her upcoming tour.

- Retail experts say Madonna would earn $5 million in 2012 from her "Material Girl" clothing line and upcoming Macy's lingerie line.

Let's do the math:

MDNA Tour Ticket Sale - $305 million; Live Nation takes 10% = $30.5 million

TOD Perfume - $60 million; Live Nation will probably keep 33 cents of each licensing dollar it generates, but it will have to split that 50/50 with Madonna = $10 million

Tour Merchandise - $75 million; Live Nation = $7.5 million

Smirnoff deal - $10 million; Live Nation will have to split that 50/50 with Madonna = $5 million

TV and DVD rights for broadcast - $5 million

Material Girl clothing line - $2.5 million

MDNA era might possibly earn LN $60.5 million (30.5+10+7.5+5+5+2.5 million). So in roughly one year she was able to pay back half of their investment.

Now when you add Sticky and Sweet ($40.8 million profit for LN), the gyms, Louis Vuitton campaign, D&G campaign, and the many other ventures she's had since 2007, I think she's more than paid her dues. Anything she makes from after MDNA era is pure profit for Live Nation.

I'm assuming she has no obligation at this point to tour again or even record an album. But I still think she might record one more album and do one more tour but that's about it. And I don't think it will be a huge tour endeavor if she does.