• She's Not Me
    • Incredible
    • Beat Goes On
    • Dance 2Night
    • Spanish Lesson
    • Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
    • Voices
    • Ring My Bel

Wow, I can't believe it has been 8 years! I still remember listening to the radio rip of 4 Minutes for the first time, with that French DJ yelling all over the track :lol: It's hard to pick a favourite tracks because I love all three singles, and also the deep cuts like She's Not Me and Voices. I'll just vote for 4 Minutes; I remember it was also one of the few Madonna songs that the radio station in my small town played.

I also want to share this incredible remix of 4 Minutes. If you haven't heard it yet, I really recommend it (this one plus the Junkie XL remix). Peter was such a fantastic producer.

Also, this is my favourite remix of Give It 2 Me!

The worst artwork imo(she looks like an old lesbian ? ) I still think its a poor album and was basically cashing in on an over-bloated r-n-b sound - some nice melodies on miles away, dance tonight but i love devil especially the live version too and i think latte and across the sky should be on this album instead of those awful awful tracks -incredible and spanish lesson :)

Devil Wouldn't Recognize you got my vote but I love the whole album.

Last time she actually released an album that was cohesive and had a flow instead of various songs thrown together without a concept.

Hard Candy has nothing to do with R'n'B, it's dance-pop with some urban influences but mainly late 70s/early 80s references.

She did that stuff before it was cool by Daft Punk and when Pharrell was not overused by the likes of Kylie. She's Not Me sounds like "Head" by Prince, who was an obvious inspiration behind the album as both Justin and Pharrell owe a lot to him.

I voted for Voices. It's fantastic and i'm still annoyed it didn't make it onto S&ST. I mean, c'mon, it could have atleast been an interlude...I think Beat Goes On, Give It 2 Me and She's Not Me are great and BGO and SNM could have both been singles. I quite like Heartbeat and i don't actually mind Spanish Lesson, it's quite grown on Me.Dance 2night and 4 Minutes are kinda "meh" for me. Not great, but not bad either. Just middle of the road and boring.The worst tracks are Incredible and Miles Away by far. They are boring and should have been replaced with Animal and Across The Sky. Candy Shop is not far behind and i just don't understand why she's included it on her last 3 tours. Of course, i get its inclusion on S&ST, but it was a waste on MDNAT and RHT. She's got such an extensive catalogue of work and so many other songs that have been under performed or never performed would have been better in its place. I'm not that fussed with DWRY TBH, even though it always seems a fan fave. It's just never really done anything for me.Overall, i really like the album. The Pharell tracks are far superior to the Timbaland tracks overall. I was quite disappointed with the Timbaland tracks when i first heard them as i was hoping for some really unique and interesting sounding stuff like he did with other artists (for e.g. Björk), but generally they fell, and still feel, flat to me.BTW, the artwork is really bad. Well, the photos of her are. Just very severe looking. She looks very washed out and pale with the bleached hair and yellow eyebrows too.

ok this gonna be minority opinion but my vote goes to Candy shop.

I really like this song so much.

Especially tour version of Candy shop is everything.

Mdna tour version is superb and I also love so much Rebel heart tour version too!

I wish that Madonna did this song as first single with MDNA tour version style music video.

I dont know what to say about this album. I just wish she had followed a different path after Confessions. 

I kinda like it for nostalgia reasons and cos S&S was my first time seeing her live. 

And what path would that be? Hard Candy and MDNA were just a repeat of the Confessions era. People hate those two but love Confessions, so what path you wanted?

Hard Candy was a dumb title to begin with and the fact they just cut her out and pasted her onto that fugly candy swirl shit is embarassing. My suggestion for a much better and more tongue-in-cheek title:JAWBREAKERThat would have kept the "rough but sweet" aspect going.I have a soft spot for the album. I still think some of the outtakes are better than the stuff that actually made it onto the album. Pala Tute and Animal in particular.My favourite song is probably Devil Wouldn't Recognize You. That song has always been one of my favourites and I never grew tired of it. Beat Goes On, She's Not Me and Heartbeat are close runner ups. All of those could have been great singles to be honest. Sad, she wasn't too enthusiastic about the album. She was and probably still is rather salty than sweet about Candy Shop not becoming the lead single, as she had wanted to.Timbaland and Timberlake, imo, did a much better job than Pharrell who was really hit or miss on this album. Some of the tracks are truly among his all time worst produced tracks. I think an entirely new song composed out of bits and pieces from Spanish Lesson, Candy Shop and the demo of Beat Goes On could have been a hot track, if done right. You all might be surprised that my least favourite song is actually Give It 2 Me. Yes, I absolutely despise the song and it's production. It sounds like a really bad demo to me. Unfinished, unpolished, cheesy. The production doesn't suit the energetic lyrics in my opinion. My other least favourites are Voices, Dance 2night, Incredible and due her over playing it, also Candy Shop.

Hard Candy was a dumb title to begin with and the fact they just cut her out and pasted her onto that fugly candy swirl shit is embarassing. My suggestion for a much better and more tongue-in-cheek title:JAWBREAKERThat would have kept the "rough but sweet" aspect going.I have a soft spot for the album. I still think some of the outtakes are better than the stuff that actually made it onto the album. Pala Tute and Animal in particular.My favourite song is probably Devil Wouldn't Recognize You. That song has always been one of my favourites and I never grew tired of it. Beat Goes On, She's Not Me and Heartbeat are close runner ups. All of those could have been great singles to be honest. Sad, she wasn't too enthusiastic about the album. She was and probably still is rather salty than sweet about Candy Shop not becoming the lead single, as she had wanted to.Timbaland and Timberlake, imo, did a much better job than Pharrell who was really hit or miss on this album. Some of the tracks are truly among his all time worst produced tracks. I think an entirely new song composed out of bits and pieces from Spanish Lesson, Candy Shop and the demo of Beat Goes On could have been a hot track, if done right.You all might be surprised that my least favourite song is actually Give It 2 Me. Yes, I absolutely despise the song and it's production. It sounds like a really bad demo to me. Unfinished, unpolished, cheesy. The production doesn't suit the energetic lyrics in my opinion.My other least favourites are Voices, Dance 2night, Incredible and due her over playing it, also Candy Shop.

I don't like Jawbreaker, that just sends horrific images to my mind. Hard Candy was a perfect title. Out of all the 4 albums of mediocrity she released post American Life, Hard Candy remains the best and least mediocre.

When does this thing about Candy Shop being a single comes from? I've never heard her say she wanted that to be a single. Do you really think that at this point she's not entirely in control of her career?? All of her singles since Hung Up have been chosen for her with one goal in mind, to get on the charts. She has failed miserably but that's the point. She continues to perform Candy Shop because it's a good song.

The very first album that I heard from Madonna! I remember hearing 4 Minutes on a shampoo commercial and I went to know who sang that amazing song, and finally, I knew that Madonna sang it. This part of my life was special because that was the time when I got to know Madonna and eventually became a fan of hers. I'll always love this album <3p.s. i sometimes get embarrassed to mention hard candy to my friends because it makes me look like a pedophile

The very first album that I heard from Madonna! I remember hearing 4 Minutes on a shampoo commercial and I went to know who sang that amazing song, and finally, I knew that Madonna sang it. This part of my life was special because that was the time when I got to know Madonna and eventually became a fan of hers. I'll always love this album <3p.s. i sometimes get embarrassed to mention hard candy to my friends because it makes me look like a pedophile

how old are you? and yes everyone thinks of the movie.

ok this gonna be minority opinion but my vote goes to Candy shop.

I really like this song so much.

Especially tour version of Candy shop is everything.

Mdna tour version is superb and I also love so much Rebel heart tour version too!

I wish that Madonna did this song as first single with MDNA tour version style music video.

I gotta say when it appeared for a third time on RH I was really? and than combined with Music turned into a highlight of the night! But the MDNA version was hard to take. But also the album version has these amazing beats.

Knew I might alone but I voted Dance 2night always my fav and Spanish Lession? that is musical barf; but these days love the album and still no idea how ncredible was made.  :stare:

Interesting. What managed to win you over? People of your age don't really like Madonna.

Well, my taste in music is different, should I say, from other people with the same age as mine. I grew up listening to 80s music ALL THE TIME because of my parents, and that probably developed my liking for these kind of music, like Madonna's. But, I actually didn't like or know more about Madonna before, aside from hating on her (yes i did that on paws down's tumblr and fb hahaha). But like what I said, I heard 4 Minutes on a shampoo commercial, and I fell in love with the song (idk why), I would even wait on tv for it to play. That was during 2008. Fast forward to 2013, where I started hating Madonna (i was defending gags from paws down). While I was hating on a regular basis, I started to listen to her songs out of curiousity, and I was actually astonished on how her songs sound so good (I was listening to songs from American Life after I knew it was panned for something). Then I listened and researched, until I got to hear 4 Minutes (which I didn't know was the song I was looking for years ago), and then I turned into one of madge's minions hahaha. It's really crazy. I didn't even know back then that she was the one who sang Crazy For You and I also thought Like A Virgin was sung by Cyndi Lauper. I liked Madonna because her songs are really good and a work of art, and that is something that matters in choosing an artist to idolize. I don't care if she's old or trying too hard, I still love her, and even if most of this generation i'm in is slamming her for that, I don't even care. They don't even listen to Madonna's work. I'm happy to be able to live at her time while she is still making music while other legends are already taken to Heaven. I love Madonna with all of my heart, and even if she's 100 and still makes music, i'll support her althroughout.And that is my story hahaha im sorry if this became really long

Loved your story, nice to have you here!  :)

I think most millenials just don't care about her but i actually found a lot of people who accept her (even those that don't know a lot about her). My earliest memories of M are from the Re-Invention Tour reports on TV and then getting truly interested with IGTTYAS.

I think it's a pity that she's mismanaged because I actually don't think millenials would dislike her if they knew more about her. 

Loved your story, nice to have you here!  :)

I think most millenials just don't care about her but i actually found a lot of people who accept her (even those that don't know a lot about her). My earliest memories of M are from the Re-Invention Tour reports on TV and then getting truly interested with IGTTYAS.

I think it's a pity that she's mismanaged because I actually don't think millenials would dislike her if they knew more about her. 

Why is she mismanaged though? Is her management forcing her to release absolute garbage like Ghosttown?? Where is the mismanagement?

Loved your story, nice to have you here! :)I think most millenials just don't care about her but i actually found a lot of people who accept her (even those that don't know a lot about her). My earliest memories of M are from the Re-Invention Tour reports on TV and then getting truly interested with IGTTYAS.I think it's a pity that she's mismanaged because I actually don't think millenials would dislike her if they knew more about her.

That is really true. I really hope Madonna will get more younger fans not because she is a hit and is trending, but because they knew about her amazing work, her contributions to music, and how she evolved into the legend she is now and will always. Like the time when Hung Up was released, and teens were singing ans dancing to it. Madonna looked like she was a teen pop superstar, and almost all didn't even react to her age at that time. But then, people liked her because she was trending, and not because people realized more about her and how great her music an artistic works are. I really hope that this will happen.

That is really true. I really hope Madonna will get more younger fans not because she is a hit and is trending, but because they knew about her amazing work, her contributions to music, and how she evolved into the legend she is now and will always. Like the time when Hung Up was released, and teens were singing ans dancing to it. Madonna lookied like she was a teen pop superstar, and almost all didn't even react to her age at that time. But then, people liked her because she was trending, and not because people realized more about her and how great her music an artistic works are. I really hope that this will happen. Sent from my 5038E using Tapatalk

It was great when a lot of young people reacted positively on twitter to her bb awards appearance in 2013 , shame so many facepalm moments happened on instagram a few months later....lol but yeah the fandom could use a refresher...