"Immaculate Collection": Which track would you have replaced?

Holger

If you would have had the chance to rework the track list of "The Immaculate Collection", which track would you have replaced with another song from Madonna's single discography?

You can choose ONE song from TIC (track 1 to 17) and replace it with any Madonna single released up to that point (1990), that isn't included on the original track list.

I'm really looking forward to see which ones you will pick! :)

Tough question, all the singles from TIC had to be included on it, there's no filler and the tracklist was well-chosen IMO!

Maybe some songs should've been edited a bit more (Live To Tell, Like A Prayer, Vogue...) so as to free some space on the disc and then to eventually add one or two more tracks!   :monkey:

I'm the same - i hate compilations that have edits(GHV2 ??? Terrible editing on that) I also agree that Cherish should have been replaced with Who's That Girl - I do love Cherish though - I always thought it was odd that Physical Attraction was on YCD though ????(I know thats off topic though)

Yeah, "Physical Attraction" was an odd choice for YCD imo. It's not even remixed, is it? I can't hear any difference to the LP Version.

For a single disc, it's perfect & an immaculate compilation & no track should be taken out. 

I would luv & have actually compiled my own 2-disc Deluxe Immaculate Collection with a lot more songs added:

Disc 1

1. Everybody

2. Burning Up

3. Holiday  

4. Lucky Star    

5. Borderline    

6. Like a Virgin      

7. Material Girl      

8. Crazy for You 

9. Angel

10. Into the Groove

11. Dress You Up

12. Gambler

13. Live to Tell  

Disc 2

14. Papa Don't Preach

15. True Blue

16. Open Your Heart     

17. La Isla Bonita  

18. Who's That Girl

19. Causing a Commotion

20. Like a Prayer     

21. Express Yourself      

22. Cherish  

23. Keep it Together

24. Vogue      

25. Justify My Love      

26. Rescue Me  

I'm the same - i hate compilations that have edits(GHV2 ??? Terrible editing on that) I also agree that Cherish should have been replaced with Who's That Girl - I do love Cherish though - I always thought it was odd that Physical Attraction was on YCD though ????(I know thats off topic though)

I always thought Physical Attraction was only on You Can Dance so the track listing spelt Shep's name...

Spotlight

Holiday

Everybody

Physical Attraction

I do love Physical Attraction though!!

Its a great collection looking back on it.

That said, at the time, I remember thinking WOW, how could they leave Who's that Girl off of this...It was everywhere, the song, the tour, and the movie (the movie's failure should have nothing to do with the song not being included here).

Cherish should have been left off and Who's That Girl included.

Do you guys remember the supplemental cd release called "the holiday collection" which included the following tracks:

1. Holiday (full)

2. True Blue

4. Whos that Girl

5. Causing A Commotion

I always thought Physical Attraction was only on You Can Dance so the track listing spelt Shep's name...

Spotlight

Holiday

Everybody

Physical Attraction

I do love Physical Attraction though!!

Wow that's cool! :smile:

But I thought Physical Attraction was on the set since it had been a club-single and is simply a cool dance track.

Its a great collection looking back on it.

That said, at the time, I remember thinking WOW, how could they leave Who's that Girl off of this...It was everywhere, the song, the tour, and the movie (the movie's failure should have nothing to do with the song not being included here).

Cherish should have been left off and Who's That Girl included.

Do you guys remember the supplemental cd release called "the holiday collection" which included the following tracks:

1. Holiday (full)

2. True Blue

4. Whos that Girl

5. Causing A Commotion

Yes, I remember hunting that one down! And indeed these three songs are surely the ones that are missing most of all on TIC.

Oh, and I love the "Who's That Girl" movie.

I wouldn't replace any, the tracks are perfect. I would, however, have added more, such as Gambler, True Blue, Who's that Girl, Hanky Panky, and maybe another new track or two

just wouldnt have been possible at that time because they essentially filled out that entire CD with less than a minute to spare.

So they wouldve had to edit the current tracks to even get one more in.

her talent always was to do something minimal but essential. So Im happy with IC being a compilation of her best singles and only 1CD. She needs to learn how to do this again tbh, no matter what stans think we didnt need 24 songs on RH, i should never be left indifferent about Madonna music. Give me 3 songs if you want but they better be essential.