Which of the following live performances is the most forgettable?

madgefan

Choose the most forgettable live performance!  

39 members voted

1. 1. Which of the following live performances is the most forgettable?

• Material Girl (VT)
    • White Heat (WTG)
    • Into the Groove (BAT)
    • I'm Going Bananas (GS)
    • The Funny Song (DWT)
    • Die Another Day (RIT)
    • Sorry (CT)
    • Heartbeat (S&S)
    • Hung Up (MDNA)
    • Other

I thought about this question while watching the S&S DVD and remembering the first time I saw Madonna live exactly 6 years ago (December 10th, 2008 in Santiago). None of the songs in the list is my least favourite one but some of the tracks I always skip while watching Madonna concerts... Also, I chose those ones because it seems that no one ever talks about them, as if Madonna had never performed them :stare: So... which of those performances is the most forgettable apart from this topic? If there's one I did not choose please specify!! Madonna will be grateful to know that these songs are not worth be playing anymore lmao

* Again, I did not include them in the list because I think they're bad tracks but only because the versions used are not that appealing to me.

Posted Image

For me it's "heart beat" S&S....OMG, it's dreadful! and that "see my booty get down" part makes me cringe :lol: . I don't like the song either.

I actually created the topic while watching THAT performance! I don't think it's a bad song, it makes me sing most of the time so I'd say it's an ok song... Maybe it was misused or misplaced in the setlist, who knows? Before the tour started I used to like the idea of having it as the opening track because the album version sounds like one.

• 1 year later...

Hung Up Sticky hands down. That thing truly is an abomination to God and to men. :drama:

Having said that, it's not "forgettable", it's the 2 girls 1 cup of live performances, you'll never forget how awful it was. :)

I agree with you 100%! I thought HU @S&ST then realised it's not on the list and that, yes, it's not forgettable as I can remember clearly how disastrous it was.The MDNAT version wasn't that bad, musically anyway. I quite liked the music, but I haaaaated the vocoder effect applied to her voice. I dunno, the vocoder seems to work fine for songs in the studio, but sounds really bad to me when she uses it live.To be honest, I think Hung Up is as catchy as it is, and was as successful as it was due largely to the Abba sample. Without it, or if it's barely noticeable, Hung Up becomes quite a boring song. In terms of forgettableness (made up word?) I'd say I'm Going Bananas from TGS as, as the topic suggests, I can't really remember it. I'm not familiar enough with TVT and WTGT to comment on those performances TBH. In terms of forgettableness AND waste of a performance i'd go for Doli Doli/Mi Darava or whatever it's called. I went to see a Madonna concert, not a concert by the Kolpakov Trio. Sure, the collaboration on You Must Love Me was stunning, and La Isla Bonita/Lela Pala Tute was ok, but i'd of much rather had another M song, either live or an interlude than the boring, and completely forgettable Doli Doli!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...