What Was Your Reaction to Seeing Her Live the First Time?

Future Lover

I am 15 years old and have been a fan since 2005, when I was 4. The reason I told you my age is because it is important to why it took so long to see her in concert. My Mom didn't think I was old enough to see her until I was about 9 years old, which would have been 2010. Just my luck, her next tour comes one state away from me and I am unable to go because of funds and travel. But...amazing news comes with the Rebel Heart era. She is coming to my own state and will be playing in Tennessee, namely Nashville (known around the globe as the music capital of the world) for the first time in her career. My Mother surprised me with tickets to the show for my Christmas/Birthday gift (my birthday is January 9th and the show was January 18th). We went into the arena and after every pre-song show, I kept waiting and waiting to hear those pulsing beats of Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'. When it finally came on, I realized something important. I have been here for nearly three hours and I'm not ready. I'm not ready for this to begin. But she was coming. I watched the intro in awe, but the moment of true frenzy was when that cage started lowering. Immediately, the other 11,500 people in the entire are were gone and it was just Madonna and I (of course this wasn't the fact, it was packed! But in my head this is what happened!). Nothing else mattered but the words she was singing. It was all about her and she was there for me. Then with Bitch I'm Madonna, I snapped back to reality. For the next two hours, I was whisked away from my life. My depression. My sadness and anger. And was taken to her world where the only heartbreak was the one that we gave to our haters. Madonna has always been there for me when I needed her. And seeing her that night made me realize that she wasn't this mythical being that was untouchable. She was a woman that was there for the ones that love her and she loves them back endlessly. She just so happens to be a goddess among men. I felt her love in the very pit MY Rebel Heart!

the Sticky & Sweet Tour confirmed my love for concerts, not just for her. I couldn't believe I was witnessing something so incredible, a legacy, something that would be part of history later, in front of my own eyes.

for that show I was 15, and it ws the first time M performed in Santiago. obviously, none of my classmates cared about her, and they even laughed at me. it didn't matter. the show was announced a day before the start of the tour, and I couldn't believe it. but I hadn't any money for the tickets. my mom said "do you have any money? then you're not going, get used to that idea". 4 days before the show, my dad gives me an envelope, and inside, there were 2 tickets. I know that S&S wasn't her best show, or Hard Candy being her best era, but I keep a special place on my Rebel Heart for it.

I had been a fan since 1985 --       my friend bought me a ticket to see the DWT in 2001 ---    I wasn't even thinking about it and never thought I'd see her --       but then it happened -- she came rolling forward through the smokey stage - big grin on her face - everyone was screaming -- my jaw dropped   (I had all the posters and vinyls somewhere back home - but this was real-time!) 

When that cage came down in Prague i started shaking af and had the biggest histerical moment in my life, i know her music since my parents were listening to her and i wanted to see her since i've seen confessions tour in TV i was 6 or 7 back then, and it was just magical, she's so beautiful and so powerfull, she was full of love she gave us throught the perfomance.

Awesome story. I love that even though your'e only 15, Madonna has always been there for you.

I've been a fan since I was 11.....I'm 43 now & feel the same way.

I saw her in '93 twice for the Girlie Show in Melbourne. I was too excited to even remember it properly. But I saw the Rebel Heart tour 4 times thinking it's too many shows & I'd probably become numb & bored, but holy shit I couldn't get enough! I could've seen it more.

My first show before RHTour was Tears of a Clown, & to see her so close on stage for the first time in 23 years......you could say I shed a few tears of joy.

Best bloody week of my life!!!!

I first saw her live at DWT (even though I had been a massive fan since 86). I was so excited to see the show, however I remember leaving the arena very disappointed. I was unhappy to see that it was so heavy on the Music album, and lacked her biggest hits that I had grown up with and looked forward so much to seeing live. Though with my initial disappointment, the tour has grown on me a lot, and I rank it as her last great tour...though, it pales in comparison to the tours that preceded it.

When I was 12 it was announced that M was coming to South America with the S&S Tour for the first time in a billion years, and I was sooooo excited, I started saving money and planning everything and when I finally had all the money and everything was planned to perfection, everything was sold out. A couple of years later, they announced that she was coming back, so I used the same money that I saved in 2008 and some more that I saved that year, and FINALLY, I was able to buy my ticket, the only thing missing was finding someone to go with me lol. I was 16 at the time so leaving my country to see her alone was kinda hard  :lol: I had to go with my hairdresser because he was the only person that I knew was going to the concert. So the day came, I crossed the Rio de la Plata River to go to Argentina and I was sooooo angry because it got delayed and I was like IM NEVER GOING TO MAKE IT TO THE TRIANGLE PIT THING! So, hours later we're in the line and I'm already shaking and time was going by so slowly (get it? ok). While we're in line I start to hear her rehearsing, she was singing Love Spent, I started to panic like IM NOT WORTHY I HAVE TO LEAVE I CANT BE HERE IM NOT GOOD ENOUGH. After I calmed down, we went inside of the stadium and we saw her rehearse Express Yourself, I Don't Give A and GMAYL. 72323_4939506886026_1600271168_n.jpg?oh=

Luckily, I was able to take that picture before my brain exploded lmao. A billion hours later, the show started (after everyone started screaming MOTHERFUCKER, MOTHERFUCKER, because she was late  :broken: ), and I felt like I died and went to heaven. It wasnt until before she sang Masterpiece (she did a speech about feeling very sick but still wanting to do the show) that I actually realised THIS IS HAPPENING FOR REAL, IM SEEING HER, SHE'S A HUMAN. To this day I still get like a tingly feeling every time I think about the MDNA Tour (that's why the DVD bothers me so much).

I am 34 and have been a fan since 1986, but saw her for the first time this year in Melbourne. It was exhausting, lol. Simply because I was so excited. About the time she was riding around on the tricycle and telling jokes I began to realise what a love filled, warm environment I was in. Her energy is the total opposite of the cold hard bitch image everyone assumes of her. At least it was that night. 

I think I focused a lot more on the energy and vibe she was putting out, and it felt really nice. I think even though she probably wasn't the happiest at that point, she still made the crowd feel like she was loving being there with us. She gave a lot of herself.

Honestly its all a blur. I was too young to see any tour before Drowned World. But I came of age between The Girlie Show (I was 12) and The Drowned World Tour (I was 20), and it felt like an eternity!! I didn't think Madonna would ever tour again!!! Being a hardcore fan since I was 5 it was all I ever wanted to see her live. When the time came, I think I stood frozen for two hours watching her every move. I don't think I said a word to my friend who was with me the entire show. Except maybe "OH MY GAWD!" "OH MY GAAAAAAWD!!!"

• 7 months later...

My first memory of Madonna was probably around 1987, I was 4 years of age. My two brothers who are ten years older than me were watching a video of a really cool woman in concert. I found out that her name was Madonna and my two brothers were big fans. The concert was the Virgin Tour, and I literally fell in love with this mysterious woman who sang about Material Girls. I used to watch the video over and over again and used to put my Mom's high heels on and copy the video to Dress You Up. (no shame here!)

My second memory is going to John Menzies (used to be a high street store in the UK, selling videos, music etc). I saw the Ciao Italia video (this must have been around 1989) and I begged my Mom to buy it for me. She wouldn't buy it for some reason and when I got home I begged my Dad to buy it for me. We went straight back to town and he bought it for me. I remember on the way home asking him ''What is a medley'', because I was studying the track listing on the back of the VHS. I used to watch the video over and over again and knew the dance routines and the words to the songs off by heart.

One night in July 1990, my brother shouted downstairs that Madonna was going to be on the radio. It was the live broadcast of the Blond Ambition Tour from Wembley Stadium. We both sat and listened, he loved how much she swore, I loved that there was songs I had not heard properly (mainly songs from the Like a Prayer album and I'm Breathless). We recorded the show on cassette tape and I still have it in my collection to this day.

I remember Christmas Eve 1990 and the Blond Ambition Tour was being broadcast on BBC 2. Me and my Dad watched it and recorded it and again I watched it over and over again. I couldn't believe how different she was, from the Virgin Tour to the Who's That Girl Tour to the Blond Ambition Tour. I was enthralled. 

1990 I turned 8 years of age and I was hooked. I realised that not only were there concerts, but there were singles and albums to listen to. I went with my Dad and spent my Christmas money on buying her first album, Like a Virgin album, True Blue and Like a Prayer on cassette.

My Dad also really liked her and in 1991 bought the Immaculate Collection on tape.

1992 and for my 11th birthday I opened my presents to find that I had a NEW Madonna cassette. It was the Erotica album. I was so excited to hear new songs from her and I played that album to death. My favourites being Deeper and Deeper and Rain. It wasn't until I was about 13 that I actually realised what Where Life Begins was all about!

When the Girlie Show was announced it was in our local newspaper. I remember begging my Mom and Dad to let me go, but they weren't having any of it! When it was shown on Sky One I was allowed to watch it. Again I was enthralled. She had changed again. She had short hair! 

When I started senior school in 1994, I started to get pocket money. Only a couple of months later she released the Bedtime Stories album. I remember loving it from the first listen. It was also at this point that I discovered that you could buy CD singles, picture discs and a whole lot more. Every week I would buy a CD single

In 1995 Sire released all of her early singles on the yellow CD singles, so over a period of about six months I set about collecting all of those and it was then my collecting obsession started. 

My first time seeing her live was the Drowned World Tour. I was 18 years of age and I remember the day the tickets went on sale. I was due in at work that day, and back then you would mainly buy tickets by telephone, so I set my Mom, my Dad and my best friend about getting tickets for me. I went to work and I was so nervous. On my first break I called my Mom and she said the dreaded words ''they're sold out''. I went back to work and could have cried. I was absolutely gutted. When I went for my lunch break I had three missed calls from my Mom. I called her back and she answered the phone with ''YOU'RE GOING TO SEE MADONNA''. I screamed out loud in the lunch room! Full on bitch screamed. I couldn't believe it. After all these years I was finally going to get to experience a Madonna show.

Cut to July 7th 2001. On the way down to London we played all of her albums in the car. When we finally got to Earls Court, the first thing I saw were the big banners with M's face on. It still didn't feel real. When we entered Earls Court, I made my way straight over to the merchandise stand. I bought a programme and a t-shirt and quickly changed into the t-shirt.

When we got to our seats, we were about half way back on the tiered seating on the side. I remember looking at the stage with the lighting grid on the floor of the stage and thinking ''has that fell down''? After about 30 minutes the lights went down and that lighting grid lit up and starting to rise from the floor. I had avoided all of the pictures and set list, so everything was brand new. Suddenly a blinding white light in the middle of the stage with lots of fog started to show the silhouette of someone. As the fog cleared I could see it was HER, the Queen, my idol. She was on a platform and it was bringing her closer and closer. I couldn't believe it. She looked absolutely stunning and was wearing a BIG smile. Earls Court ERUPTED and that was it, I was gone! I cried with tears of joy. There she was, finally! The woman I had admired, loved, idolised for years and years, right in front of me. I had never seen a concert so theatrical live and I was absolutely blown away by it. It didn't even bother me that she hadn't played songs like Vogue or Into the Groove. I was just so grateful to finally see her in person that I wasn't bothered one bit.

I've attended every tour since, multiple times for each tour. My one regret from Drowned World was that I didn't go more than once, so every tour since I have gone at least twice.

I could go on and on, but I won't hehe. I will say this though, when she sang the lines ''now I know you're mine'' in Into the Groove, she wasn't wrong. Ever since I saw the Virgin Tour for the first time I was hooked and I've never looked back since, I truly am hers. Even when it's been ''uncool'' to be a fan, I have always wore my Madge Badge with pride! Here's to the next phase in her career!

I think my first impression was just how gorgeous and small she is in person. You see this woman in magazines, videos, concerts and everywhere but seeing her staring into the crowd, right there in her form, it's like almost a dream. She commands so much respect, her stage charisma is like no other and it's almost like a trance like feeling that you can't help but study every part of her, her face immaculate like porcelain, the sheer professionalism and how detailed her shows are compared to her contemporaries.

Seeing MDNA twice in the triangle and when she removed the veil was just indescribable. There are no words to describe when you see Madonna in person. I was lucky to see her on RHT and those feelings were just the same.