• Live to Tell
    • Papa Don't Preach
    • Open Your Heart
    • La Isla Bonita
    • Like a Prayer
    • Express Yourself
    • Cherish
    • Vogue

Oh for me it is LAP because I didn't have the IC on my radar for so long and than realizing how messed up Celebration really was; went back to this collection. LAP came on and this was first Madonna album with ROL and I was like hating this song but than I was "fuck that added bridge".and the live version on BAT was just amazing also.

the immaculate version of EY is the only one i like just as much as the original. all the rest was more of a downgrade for me. i like the album versions better. the house beat does LAP a disservice imho.

Not for me it's obviously like You Can Dance in terms the remixing for the day but like EY, the stuff on LAP is so bland and can only see that when it's worked on more. That remaster I heard recent and new appreciation for this album - lyrics it's too mature (even now her now) the other stuff is childlike and production is not probably a career low with like Bedtime Stories for me. But Love Song is amazing and Til Death Due Us Part.  :heart:

Sorry Cherish you will never be saved lol and don't think they tried.  :rip:

I think the EY and MG were the worst remixes ? MG sounds like she is singing in a toilet cubicle ? I do like LTT though ? It sounds a bit more ambient - if you want the original versions then for me the Immaculate Collection is the Japan Promo CDs 193-1989 or 1983 -1990 mainly because they include True Blue and Whos That Girl 

I think the drums on OYH sounds better to me. I'm not an audio expert so I can't really describe what I mean lol, but to me I think the drums sound better than the TB version.

I prefer Borderline on the IC to the album version. I prefer the change in instrumentation used in the bridges. I don't like the instrument used in the bridges of the album version (and in the stems) with the new instrument used for the remix being better for me. I also prefer the horns being present in the bridges too.

I also think I prefer Into The Groove actually, though I don't like the addition of the piano by SP.

By the way, I personally have oceans of love for Cherish. It's cute, lovely, catchy, sounds great and fully deserves its place on the IC IMO. 😉😎

For me, the best would have to be Lucky Star (love the Q-sound), Into The Groove, Live To Tell and Express Yourself.

The worst (and this is only because of the editing or new instrumental) are Holiday (we already heard that version on YCD), all the editing and shortening of the LAV songs, Like A Prayer and Vogue.

I think the drums on OYH sounds better to me. I'm not an audio expert so I can't really describe what I mean lol, but to me I think the drums sound better than the TB version.

I prefer Borderline on the IC to the album version. I prefer the change in instrumentation used in the bridges. I don't like the instrument used in the bridges of the album version (and in the stems) with the new instrument used for the remix being better for me. I also prefer the horns being present in the bridges too.

I also think I prefer Into The Groove actually, though I don't like the addition of the piano by SP.

By the way, I personally have oceans of love for Cherish. It's cute, lovely, catchy, sounds great and fully deserves its place on the IC IMO.

:Madonna033:  :Madonna047:

By the way, I personally have oceans of love for Cherish. It's cute, lovely, catchy, sounds great and fully deserves its place on the IC IMO.

I agree Open Your Heart has better sounding drums and prefer the Immaculate, same with Boderline but the piano bridge is a bad thing??   :Madonna021:

The funny thing is that many younger fans, including myself  :owy: , first listened to the TIC versions on the radio instead of the original ones. But I understand some of your choices.

The original versions I prefer are Holiday, Borderline, Into the Groove, Crazy for You, and Like a Prayer (though I like the remixed version) :jamming:  

It's been so long since I listened to this album, I have a love hate relationship with it. Though the tracklist is quite perfect, the q-sound sound, not so much to me. It does blend the songs together in a good way and it is nice to have different intro and outro's on the songs, but the overall soundis a bit iffy, don't know, too much going on.

My favorites are Vogue, LAP and EY, even though if I didn't already own LAP I'd be kind of bummed out by these remixes.

The worst imo are borderline, lucky star and into the groove. The ommision of all her addlips on the first two is a shame, and though I live for the ITG intro, I can't believe who ever thought it was a good idea to scrap the break, it's the best part of the song!!

Holiday - Immaculate Version - the album version is a bit long

Lucky Star - Album version  - her ad libs are everything!

Borderline - Immaculate Version - I like the arrangement better

Like A Virgin - Album Version - I hate how the end cuts off the "can't you hear my heartbeat..." part on the Immaculate version

Material Girl - Immaculate Version - I like how it has the hard ending instead of the fade

Crazy For You - No preference

Into The Grove - Immaculate Version - But the fact that they left out the "NOW I KNOW YOU'RE MINE!" part is a travesty!

Live To Tell - Album Version - too edited on the immaculate collection

Papa Don't Preach - Album Version - I like all the strings at the end that the immaculate version fades out

Open Your Heart - Album Version - again, I love the ending and the immaculate version fades out too soon

La Isla Bonita - no preference

Like A Prayer - Immaculate Version - makes me think of the blond ambition performance which is amazing

Express Yourself - I reeeeeeeeally like both!

Cherish - Album Version - too edited on Immaculate

​Vogue - Immaculate Version - longer intro and outro makes the song more dramatic.  And who doesn't want a longer,more dramatic vogue?

So for me, the Immaculate Collection isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn close!

It's been so long since I listened to this album, I have a love hate relationship with it. Though the tracklist is quite perfect, the q-sound sound, not so much to me. It does blend the songs together in a good way and it is nice to have different intro and outro's on the songs, but the overall soundis a bit iffy, don't know, too much going on.

My favorites are Vogue, LAP and EY, even though if I didn't already own LAP I'd be kind of bummed out by these remixes.

The worst imo are borderline, lucky star and into the groove. The ommision of all her addlips on the first two is a shame, and though I live for the ITG intro, I can't believe who ever thought it was a good idea to scrap the break, it's the best part of the song!!

Honestly with what we have now, Immacuate was made with such care. Some artists will tweak when they release a GH collection and sometimes fails and this worked! Also considering GHV2 is so forgettable and majority being radio edits (offensive). And I thought Celebration was solid, great artwork, two discs, Who's that Girl? but if read this:

https://requiem4adream.wordpress.com/2009/09/19/celebration-a-retardation/