Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

The first time I watched it, I was annoyed with the quick edits. The second time I enjoyed it much more though certain songs (Bitch I'm Madonna, Burning Up, Deeper & Deeper) had an overkill of backdrops overlaying.

My only real complaint is the audio. I'm confident they will fix this for the Blu-ray release, but on some songs the bass disappeared (Deeper & Deeper) and her vocals were not loud enough (Burning Up, Living For Love).

I'm just glad we got the filmed show. For awhile there, we were scared because they didn't announce they were filming Sydney until the last second.

Also praying all the edited/missing performances make it on the Blu-ray. They edited Confessions and S&S for TV and we got the full show later on so I'm also confident in this.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But judging by the editing between dress you up and rebel heart it is hard to imagine her inserting take a bow and like a prayer. That detraoid part is strange and glues together end of dress you up and beginning of rebel heart so i dont see it happening because of the smooth editing in this part. Also i do believe she only made one edition of the show and doubt se will go back to edit the ther songs in due to popular demand.I was so looking forward to take a bow so this is really disaointing

But judging by the editing between dress you up and rebel heart it is hard to imagine her inserting take a bow and like a prayer. That detraoid part is strange and glues together end of dress you up and beginning of rebel heart so i dont see it happening because of the smooth editing in this part. Also i do believe she only made one edition of the show and doubt se will go back to edit the ther songs in due to popular demand.I was so looking forward to take a bow so this is really disaointing

a source told me that there are no take a bow and no like a prayer in the final dvd....so sorry :'(

a source told me that there are no take a bow and no like a prayer in the final dvd....so sorry :'(

I have no source and i'd also say that it's really obvious because of the editing that THIS IS THE FINAL EDIT. This is different from the broadcast cuts of S&ST or TCT, those were more obvious and not done in this seamless way at all, so...

I have no source and i'd also say that it's really obvious because of the editing that THIS IS THE FINAL EDIT. This is different from the broadcast cuts of S&ST or TCT, those were more obvious and not done in this seamless way at all, so...

Not really, CT edits were really well done, I'm 90% sure DVD/Blu Ray release is gonna be the full show, also edited in some angles and effects in parts I believe.

Not really, CT edits were really well done, I'm 90% sure DVD/Blu Ray release is gonna be the full show, also edited in some angles and effects in parts I believe.

Yep! I hope so.

I want it full, please...  :pray:  :Madonna021:

By the way, something like that happened as well on the Drowned World Tour DVD hehe (La isla bonita for example, that was edited in some angles). A lot of times the finished version differs from the broadcasted one.

Fingers crossed.  :bothered2:

Yep! I hope so.

I want it full, please...  :pray:  :Madonna021:

By the way, something like that happened as well on the Drowned World Tour DVD hehe (La isla bonita for example, that was edited in some angles). A lot of times the finished version differs from the broadcasted one.

Fingers crossed.  :bothered2:

Yep, I have the original VHS of the DWT broadcast (the one that was sent for Grammy's judges) and it's different from the DVDs, audio sounds more dry and few angles are different too!

If the showtime was planned to be the same film as the dvd originally it is possible she can change her mind and put TAB and LAP between DYU and RH, it wouldnt be that difficulut. Maybe she will reconsider due to popular demand. It is not like the DVDs are burned and really for shipment,alteration can still be made so fans: I urge you to ask her on instagram 😊

What people seem to be forgetting is when the editing crew leaked the Candy Shop snippet months ago, they posted a pic of screen shots from the studio and it had stills from the bonus songs when she was wearing the black and white outfit. So they're obviously working on fitting in some bonus songs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Many have complained this recording (and others) doesn’t accurately represent a real ‘live’ show – the slow-motion effects, the frenetic editing, the sweetened vocals, overlaying backdrops, and most notably, the lack of visual-continuity, splicing multiple shows together, all detract from any true sense of authenticity, failing to accurately represent what it was like to be there, seeing the show in-person. Some would rather re-live a singular concert, faithfully re-created in ‘real’ time and space; but there’s a contradiction here – all of Madonna’s live recordings are a constructed reality, which dilutes the true experience. You don’t relive the hours you spent queuing and the frustration you felt desperately waiting for the show to start; or the annoying person who held up a flag or a sign, blocking your view so you spent the entire night watching the screens instead. You don’t hear the reverberations of the bass, muffling Madonna’s voice; or that annoying girl standing next to you singing – shouting – screaming the wrong lyrics. That’s reality; that’s truth; that’s authenticity. Anything less is a construct in the editing room. It’s reliant on the artistic choice of an editor, whose eyes and ears are predetermined by the recording technology and conventions of live performance editing at that particular time. None of that can truthfully recreate the ‘real’ experience of what it was like to be there in person, and how you felt in that moment.

I like to think that since The Confessions Tour, with the amazing job that Jonas Akerlund did with the edition, it became so obvious for Madonna that she doesn't need to emulate that "live concert feeling", because it can't be emulated. I mean, if you want to get that real feeling, you won't get it from a video release you will get it attending to the live concert. A film it's just merely documentaton that can be delivered in different ways.

One of the reasons why I like her artistic work so much, is because she knows how to take advantage of her resources. She can take advantage of the tools in a recording studio, and knows how to bring a great show over a stage, even if her vocals sounds very different live. Also she knows that the aesthetic experience will be different attendig to the show from watching it on a screen, the video have their own discursive tools and its own narrative, so why not take advantage of them?

Also when I attended to the concert I thought that this tour in specific could be very difficult to film. In MDNA, all that happend over the stage was very intertwinded, it was a completely different experience, it was a different kind of concert (and with more artistic value, in my opinion). Rebel Heart was more about the emotion, some backdrops were reused, some others weren't very interesting, she barely danced, the setlist and the arrangements of her songs were very criticized for some fans, and the most striking feature of the stage was its lenght, but she delivered so many touching performances, as if for the first time, the most important thing about the show was her as a person, as a human and vulnerable beign. Raw emotions over artistic value. So how the heck do you capture that in a video? Well I guess that you don't, you live it or you don't.

So I guess the bet was to make it look espectacular, so the oversaturated colors, the backdrops overlays and the slowmotion effects helped a little to give it more dynamism, and I liked how that flows, in many songs all that effects are really well synchronized with the songs or the choreography, but, and I hope I don't sound bitter, I'm not really very pleased with the frenetic changes of takes. It really makes so difficult to see what's happening, changing the camera so quickly really kills all the beautiful work done with the colors and don't really let you appreciate the great work done with the shots.

Watching some songs for separated works well: The fighting sequence of Bitch I'm Madonna looks way more dynamic than the fight in Gang Bang, and was less elaborated, all the takes of the public in True Blue really makes you feel so much love, it was one of the cutest thing I ever seen, the choreo in Candy Shop was really very well synchronized with all the special effects and the slowmotion, and in Holiday all that overlays really give it a really cool 80's vibe... but all together is really exhausting and confusing to see   :sad:

@@dav_fer I love the points you made, honestly the frantic editing doesnt bother me THAT much nor does it ruin the release as a whole to me like some are saying, but I feel like it doesn't really work so well to have shots last less than a second, it's bananas pacing tbh 

@@dav_fer I love the points you made, honestly the frantic editing doesnt bother me THAT much nor does it ruin the release as a whole to me like some are saying, but I feel like it doesn't really work so well to have shots last less than a second, it's bananas pacing tbh 

Yeah, is just that those quick changes of camera doesn't really let you appreciate all the beautiful work done in this. 

It will probably be in the film rather than as extras

I also believe this :) And also I believe we will have the full Tears of a Clown show, she posted a lot of pro shots on her instagram, and I don't believe that someone did all those edits just for her Insta...

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic